Mars Toys 1/6 Penguin (Burgess Meredith)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He has definately had a bit of a glow-up, but I still think there is a strong likeness - could do with some aging though, and he needs a little more padding.
Still excited to see it.

I think if they would just relocate some of the puffiness from his face to his belly, that would be a good start. Also, as previously mentioned, some wrinkles and aging are needed, as well.

Having digested the initial euphoria of seeing this guy come to fruition, I’d like to see them focus on improving the sculpt. I know the paint app will drop off and that seems to be really helping out with the likeness. A solid sculpt will make all the difference, especially when it’s painted by a “regular” employee.

Hard to get too excited knowing even after we get the pre-order it could be two years before we get the figure in hand.

When was the last time they actually released a figure?

I'm also hoping they make the hat a little bigger ...

That makes...

giphy.gif

One more thing - I feel like the pink throughout his costume is a bit too “purple-y”.

If I could only fix ONE thing, it would be that hat!!!

For some reason, I think Mars has learned that showing bad pictures first make the true reveal look a lot better. I looked back at the very early sculpts posted and the hats they have for Penguin look fine. I think Mars deliberately put this crap hat on for these early photos.

From a year ago...

416035-Mars Penguin-2  11-13-22.jpg

A PO for Mars Penguin would be a great topper for the end of this year!

Just sayin', Mars...

I was so bummed out to hear a rumor that Six Feet Lane might be Mars. I just preordered their Conundrum Man reissue, and after hearing that I’m afraid I’ll be waiting until 2028 to get him. :monkey1

No, I think they're grabbing some needed cash quickly as a few things from Mars seem to be having reissues again. Maybe money to finish some overdue promises...

I hope they’re doing alright. I really want Mars to stay in business long enough to fulfill all of the various Bat-villains they’ve teased. I’ve wanted them forever, and their figures have mostly looked great.

It’s pretty annoying to see them keep teasing more new figures though. I rolled my eyes upon seeing their new, fully completed Doc Brown prototype, out of nowhere, when they still haven’t finished their DeVito Penguin or Tommy Lee Jones Two-Face. It’s replaced the feeling I used to get whenever Hot Toys would announce a new Iron Man. :lol

Back