Mars Toys 1/6 Riddler (Frank Gorshin)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree.

So, nobody wants his bizarre Plaid-Elephant-Gasmask costume form the pilot episode. That really creeped me out as a kid. :lol
7p6w6x.gif

7p6vlq.gif

Never seen that episode. That's truly terrifying. It will hunt my dreams for a long time.

The elephant gas mask was a creepy look.

He dons that get up in the second episode.

r1.jpg
r3.jpg

r4.jpg
r5.jpg
r6.jpg

Looks like he's wearing Mars' Joker gloves and vest.

I'm not feeling this. The sculpt is clearly underwhelming. It will be a good enough option to fill out a '66 rogues gallery considering there isn't any other Riddler out there, but it would benefit from some improvement. Based on one figure alone, the '66 Joker, Mars did very well, but they still have a way to go to prove they can consistently deliver. We'll have to wait and see and perhaps gamble on preorders.

I'm not feeling this. The sculpt is clearly underwhelming. It will be a good enough option to fill out a '66 rogues gallery considering there isn't any other Riddler out there, but it would benefit from some improvement. Based on one figure alone, the '66 Joker, Mars did very well, but they still have a way to go to prove they can consistently deliver. We'll have to wait and see and perhaps gamble on preorders.
I do agree that there is certainly room for improvement. It would be great if Mars had higher quality paint apps, which can make up for many sculpt sins, but that really doesn't seem to be their focus. I also don't think it's too much to ask for them to pay attention to the fabric colors this time, either. But based on everything I've seen about this figure so far, and assuming the pricing is consistent with how they priced the joker, I'd be willing to take a gamble on this for sure. Truth be told, it's really not much of a gamble because it's the only game in town.

I think their "secret recipe" in all of this is that they recognize that many of us collectors want the rogues gallery in totality, so they probably understand they can cut a corner here and there and we're still going to gobble all of this up in anticipation of assembling all of these figures. When I put it out there like that, it makes me sort of feel like a sucker for this stuff, but I'm not sure that's really too far off ;)

I do agree that there is certainly room for improvement. It would be great if Mars had higher quality paint apps, which can make up for many sculpt sins, but that really doesn't seem to be their focus. I also don't think it's too much to ask for them to pay attention to the fabric colors this time, either. But based on everything I've seen about this figure so far, and assuming the pricing is consistent with how they priced the joker, I'd be willing to take a gamble on this for sure. Truth be told, it's really not much of a gamble because it's the only game in town.

I think their "secret recipe" in all of this is that they recognize that many of us collectors want the rogues gallery in totality, so they probably understand they can cut a corner here and there and we're still going to gobble all of this up in anticipation of assembling all of these figures. When I put it out there like that, it makes me sort of feel like a sucker for this stuff, but I'm not sure that's really too far off ;)
Mars seems to be genuinely committed to this line. Like many 3rd-party/unlicensed makers they're probably collectors themselves producing figures for fellow collectors. It's all going down in good faith within a small niche community.

Pricing is a difficult thing for small companies. From everything I've read and heard, sometimes changing one little thing on a figure can drive the cost up astronomically in ways we (buyers) don't realize. They send their designs out to factories and whatever comes back is what they have to contend with to package and send out. It's a delicate balance for these companies and one where they can't simply absorb a loss if something comes back below their standards and our expectations. There's risk for them just as much as there is for us. That's the game we all chose to be part of here.

Based on their pricing I think the preorder gamble is relatively fair for us. That risk paid off well for the '66 Joker, which is why many of us will likely throw money at this figure with its faults and all that we see in the early pics. I do think Mars needs to get at least 3 or 4 figures into the Batman '66 project with consistent successes before we can give them our full trust in moving forward.

I would be very surprised if they were ever consistent in their quality. I just get the feeling that they have too many projects underway, each with too many moving parts for them to consistently manage. At this point, I believe each of their figures will have some risk, with some turning out better than others. Just my thoughts at this point.

Did they ever release Black Manta?🤷🏾‍♂️

Joost sounds like he’s gonna nip at their heels so they betta getty-up!
They delayed him to Q3 2023 along with '89 Bruce and Gus.
Factory issues and wanting to keep quality top notch being the reason.
That likely delayed the '95 Two-Face announcement.

They should probably be more realistic with their shipping dates from now. They've taken on so much now the quick turnaround of the 66 Joker likely won't happen again.

I would be very surprised if they were ever consistent in their quality. I just get the feeling that they have too many projects underway, each with too many moving parts for them to consistently manage. At this point, I believe each of their figures will have some risk, with some turning out better than others. Just my thoughts at this point.
Probably...but a risk I will 100% be willing to take if it means completing the Rogues with decent quality. I would consider the Saturn offering of Batman and Robin good and the Mars Joker great. Right now this Gorshin Riddler looks to fall in the decent to good category. The one I really want them to nail is Newmar...

Mars Toys

Admin
XhRw7cPKQHo.png

+1
· 20 m ·

Villain
➕
1⃣

Pre-order coming soon

View attachment 647345
I LOVE that they are doing this look!
Not overly keen on this sculpt, but if their Joker is any indication he will come with multiple sculpts and the hat doesn't look attached so thats no big issue for me.
The sneering sculpt would suit this costume/figure perfectly and just put the mask on this sculpt and put it on the jumsuit body - presto!
I wonder if they will be a double pack or two separate figures?
Happy to see this moving towards pre-order.

The question for me will be whether to keep my Jim Carrey Riddler order or not, I ordered him because I wanted a more classic looking Riddler (either to go with my Zodiac style Dano Riddler or just for a more classic villain shelf), especially a Riddler in a jacket design, rather than a love of Carrey's portrayal in of itself.
And Gorshin is THE classic Riddler.
Decisions decisions, any thoughts guys? Would love an opinion.

I LOVE that they are doing this look!
Not overly keen on this sculpt, but if their Joker is any indication he will come with multiple sculpts and the hat doesn't look attached so thats no big issue for me.
The sneering sculpt would suit this costume/figure perfectly and just put the mask on this sculpt and put it on the jumsuit body - presto!
I wonder if they will be a double pack or two separate figures?
Happy to see this moving towards pre-order.

The question for me will be whether to keep my Jim Carrey Riddler order or not, I ordered him because I wanted a more classic looking Riddler (either to go with my Zodiac style Dano Riddler or just for a more classic villain shelf), especially a Riddler in a jacket design, rather than a love of Carrey's portrayal in of itself.
And Gorshin is THE classic Riddler.
Decisions decisions, any thoughts guys? Would love an opinion.

Mars confirmed the other day it would be a "two pack".

Going by their initial tease the hat is interchangeable between sculpts, because it was originally shown on the other one.

The green, question mark suit is awesome and I prefer that over Carey’s spandex leotard and Blazer combo so I may need to get this just so I can dress Carey up like less of a hair-metal band frontman.

The green, question mark suit is awesome and I prefer that over Carey’s spandex leotard and Blazer combo so I may need to get this just so I can dress Carey up like less of a hair-metal band frontman.
If the clothes fit. The Carey figure will probably be much taller.

Back