Mars Toys 1/6 Prank Villain (Three versions of Cesar Romero's Joker)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I think a lot of people are massively over reacting to these very minor and frankly very simple fixes. The buttons and fixing solution on the 2.0 is a big improvement IMO and the collar can be easily futzed / fixed. Relax people, Jees!

I would've cancelled my order if i had the 2.0 on order and saw these issues. I like my figures to look PERFECT and I futz the **** out of them, this 2.0 doesn't really do it like the first one did.

Personally I think a lot of people are massively over reacting to these very minor and frankly very simple fixes. The buttons and fixing solution on the 2.0 is a big improvement IMO and the collar can be easily futzed / fixed. Relax people, Jees!

You can't really futz a bigger collar circumference. I glued it closed as tight as I could. The result is that it's not as pleasing as the 1.0, plus it would now be hard to change the sculpts without spending a while each time retrieving parts of the shirt that get trapped between the sculpt and the body.

The magnets for the vest are an improvement, and the sloppy way they've been applied in the factory is easily solved. However, there are now people saying the vest itself is too small to close. That implies a variation in tailoring within this issue.

You can't really futz a bigger collar circumference. I glued it closed as tight as I could. The result is that it's not as pleasing as the 1.0, plus it would now be hard to change the sculpts without spending a while each time retrieving parts of the shirt that get trapped between the sculpt and the body.

The magnets for the vest are an improvement, and the sloppy way they've been applied in the factory is easily solved. However, there are now people saying the vest itself is too small to close. That implies a variation in tailoring within this issue.
Or a different body...

Does anyone have an extra Joker figure box in great condition they want to get rid?

You missed the meeting, Wor. The agenda had figure issues first then crappy pics. I think calling people sensitive was third or fourth. I wasn't paying too much attention since I didn't order the second batch.
I think they've had that meeting in every thread. Especially the "People are so sensitive, man. What do they want for hundreds of dollars? Sheesh."

One of my dreams is to spend some time in Chinese factories to see how all of this **** gets made:lol

Not just toys, but everything. How knockoffs are made next to the real deal and what all of that entails. The legit stuff and then the thievery of it all. I think it would be really interesting.
Been doing this over 20 years, I am tired of it

"People are so sensitive, man. What do they want for hundreds of dollars? Sheesh."
Just a normal collar, normal is that to much to ask!?!
7skdmw.gif

:wacky

Last edited:
The suit tailoring looks to be the same, but there might be a slight difference in colour. It's hard to tell but the original seems to be a bit more vibrant. The masks are definitely a different colour: the original is slightly darker.

Everything else looks the same.
Colors can’t be exactly same for fabrics unless you had a plan for many batches and dye all fabrics in one batch

Mars propose to offer new shirt and waistcoat however I am not able to cover shipping costs

Here’s the plan in mind - I will sell shirt + waistcoat(button version) for $10 shipping worldwide, what do you think? I hope it make sense

Colors can’t be exactly same for fabrics unless you had a plan for many batches and dye all fabrics in one batch

Mars propose to offer new shirt and waistcoat however I am not able to cover shipping costs

Here’s the plan in mind - I will sell shirt + waistcoat(button version) for $10 shipping worldwide, what do you think? I hope it make sense
Sounds good to me

Sounds good for the shirt, but I have no problem with the waistcoat. Unlike the shirt the waistcoat isn't a universal issue. I glued the magnet strip on and it fits fine, and looks better than the original version where the poppers showed from certain angles.

$10 includes shipping?
Does this offer imply that there is an issue with the size of the vest?

I don't understand this new waistcoat issue. :unsure:

The other issue, which has been seen a few times, and occurred with mine, is that there are two identical grips and no left trigger hand.

Looks like the incorrect hand is a common error as well...

I used Asta's and Chris Kaplan's pictures as examples, I believe the hand at the bottom right (circled) is the erroneous hand. BOTH boxes have the same problem. Looking at pictures of the v1 in the box, the hand should be a looser gripping hand to match the one above it. The mistake is even placed palm-up unlike all the others.

The only two photos of the v2 box yet, and both have the error. Not good, Mars. Not good.

458019-Asta-other-have-same-wrong-hand-7-12-23.jpg

Last edited:
Back