Mars Toys 1/6 Prank Villain (Three versions of Cesar Romero's Joker)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long shot question, but is there any way that we know of to tell batch one from batch two from the information on the box? I picked up one of these on eBay recently (sorry, Kit. You are always my go to for items like this, but I 2as browsing and made an impulse buy 😬).

My purchase hasn’t shipped, but was listed as in stock. Just wondering if there’s a way to tell from the box photos before he arrives. I’m assuming no, but thought I’d ask.

$10 for both shirt + waistcoat shipped, just to cover transaction and shipping cost

While you are at it, could you look into the Saturn Toys Dynamic Duo capes? Not asking for a free replacement, but maybe someone of your friends (maybe even Saturn or Mars Toys) would be willing to produce some upgraded capes. These would be great for both, the Saturn Toys and the original Hot Toys release.

Murray Dillon

2 m ·

Another speedy 7 day delivery… dispatch 4th from China and safely arrived on the 11th in the UK
👍

Mars Prank Villain MAT13A second release has joined the Dynamic Duo with more to come.

Very nice figure, but as noted there have been some changes & issues with the second release. I don’t have the 1st release to compare but mine does seem to have the…

- shirt collar issue (many 6th scale shirts do).
- the waist coat just fits, but doesn’t stay “fastened” (maybe just needs another magnet) and
- I seem to have 2 of the same hand
🤷‍♂️

I think Kit has proposed an amazing solution for the clothing issues which sounds above and beyond
👍
👍

Dont get me wrong, overall this is a very nice figure with great Tailoring, and looks great on the shelf. He just cannot breath out
😄

Pics only for reference re: 2nd

361202047_10161322406373478_2880629175471462066_n.jpg

Minds Eye

1 h ·

I received my Prank Villain(2nd batch) from OneSixthKit and unfortunately my copy has some issues. The neck collar is different then the 1st batch, not as well tailored as the 1st batch and the vest doesn't seem to be as finely tailored around the area where the buttons are(Mars Toys switched from a button fastening design to magnets). Wasn't really expecting these changes to the 2nd batch when I ordered this.

One more with the duplicate hand issue, and it's the same duplicate and the same missing left trigger. I wonder if it's more general than people realise, because not everyone checks to see what hands they received?

When I get a new figure I always check the specs list to see if everything's present and correct. The very first thing I usually check is whether they have both left and right footwear. :lol

I'll definitely buy the $10 kit, it's basically what I suggested a few days ago^^ But I think they really should add the left trigger hand to that package.
Most people probably don't even notice if the don't switch hands but I'm pretty sure none of the 2nd batch figures comes without the duplicate hand.

Joker rolled up here today. Yeah, his collar wasn't closed up, but after I messed with it and futzed the tie, he was good to go. Waistcoat is closed up but, I did get duplicate hands. Maybe I'll just use one of the other 50 hands Mars included and be happy. But that's just me. Cant wait for Riddler, Penguin, Catwoman and Batgirl

Mars Toys

Admin
XhRw7cPKQHo.png

+1

· 1 h ·

Dear all

We will produce a replacement set for the Prank Villain, include below:

1) The green shirt
2) The waistcoat – button version
3) A replacement hand – we notice there’s some figure missing the left trigger hand

Production lead time around 2 weeks

You may buy this set from Onesixthkit later for $10 shipped, no matter where you bought the figure

I hope you will satisfy with the solution

Mars Toys

I don't understand why they would go back to the button waistcoat. The magnet version is neater, it's just that the factory made a mess of applying the magnet strip (which is simply solved by re-gluing it in the correct place).

The factory also messed up the original release by placing the poppers (buttons) too close to the edge, meaning they were visible from certain angles. It's easier to adjust the position of the magnets than it would be the poppers.

The only legitimate issues some people have had is that the waistcoat was either too small to close, or there were no magnets at all.

The waistcoats that were too small implies they changed the tailoring within this batch, as mine fastened, though you can see in my comparison photo the top button is bending out of alignment. The waistcoat on the 2.0 appears to be shorter in height, which explains why there's an extra shirt button showing:

100_4786.JPG

After I took that photo I tried to futz the ties, and found that the 2.0 was much more manageable. It must have something to do with how it was tied which changes the way it lays.

Mars Toys

Admin
XhRw7cPKQHo.png

+1
· 1 h ·

Dear all

We will produce a replacement set for the Prank Villain, include below:

1) The green shirt
2) The waistcoat – button version
3) A replacement hand – we notice there’s some figure missing the left trigger hand

Production lead time around 2 weeks

You may buy this set from Onesixthkit later for $10 shipped, no matter where you bought the figure

I hope you will satisfy with the solution

Mars Toys
I think the solution is out of this world. Appropriate, since this company is named Mars Toys.

I don't understand why they would go back to the button waistcoat. The magnet version is neater, it's just that the factory made a mess of applying the magnet strip (which is simply solved by re-gluing it in the correct place).

Because some people may not be able to handle it, we received some emails that people just break the vest and some think it's "Defect" no matter how you explain it won't change their impression

With the panic spread, magent became a disaster for some people

The only way to make everyone happy is to offer the button version, if you can't handle the magnet, get the button

Because some people may not be able to handle it, we received some emails that people just break the vest and some think it's "Defect" no matter how you explain it won't change their impression

With the panic spread, magent became a disaster for some people

The only way to make everyone happy is to offer the button version, if you can't handle the magnet, get the button

Shakespeare had a view on these kinds of things: “Lord, what fools these mortals be.” :lol

People demands #matching the 1st batch

I saw that sentiment yesterday on one of the groups, and thought they don't know what they're actually asking for.

When I have the second vest I'll compare the popper placement to those on the original, and likely replace the worst one with the magnet strips, because to paraphrase Obi-Wan, it's an elegant solution for a more civilized age.

Back