Mars Toys 1/6 Prank Villain (Three versions of Cesar Romero's Joker)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know off topic for this thread, but happened with Nanjin? It was all praise the new coming, but as of late not so much.

Second batch waistcoat "does not connect" ?

Did they forget to put the magnets in?

That explains why two buyers photographed him with waistcoat open.

The body is floppy too...?

So the collar is actually larger as well as spread more open? And the tie is different material?

His legs seemed loose - if you shake him he reacts like an old Sideshow figure - but once he's on the stand I didn't have any problem with it.

Everyone seems to be getting the collar with a smaller circumference. You really have to glue it closed as tight as possible, after choosing the sculpt you want to keep on him.

No, that picture he showed you can see the collar tabs themselves look bigger than the v1, as well as spread further.

Tie material doesn't matter to me since I have a custom tie. But this green shirt looks to be a real issue...

He was at war with this forum because he couldn't take the constructive criticism.

Oh I did see some of that some time ago. Nanjin is very egotistical and a good self-promoter -- but those are the type that usually move the needle on innovation as well. Problem is, they also have very soft skin.

No, that picture he showed you can see the collar tabs themselves look bigger than the v1, as well as spread further.

Tie material doesn't matter to me since I have a custom tie. But this green shirt looks to be a real issue...

mtt.jpg

They weren't any bigger on mine. I just checked, and went so far as to put a ruler against them. Both 1.0 and 2.0 were about 14mm high.

That one looks like another production variation.

Isn't that the double-sided tape at the bottom vest in that second picture? I don't really understand that set up. I keep reading tape and magnets. Is the tape the magnet. Are magnets being held in place by the tape?

OK, I think those knuckleheads in the video are really exaggerating how bad this is.

I mean, an A to a D...?

I wonder how much they'd like this v2 if it was the first one? The suit, the 3 heads, the extras, all that is still great. So far, its a collar and a mistaken hand... bad, but not earth-shattering.

OK, I think those knuckleheads in the video are really exaggerating how bad this is.

I mean, an A to a D...?

I wonder how much they'd like this v2 if it was the first one? The suit, the 3 heads, the extras, all that is still great. So far, its a collar and a mistaken hand... bad, but not earth-shattering.

I don't know if I actually posted that exact sentiment in the end, but I typed it a few times but had trouble with the wording.

Something along the lines that if the 2.0 had been the 1.0 most would be wowed by it, and would likely overlook the issues, because having a 1/6 Romero is a rare thing.

However, it's the quality of the 1.0 makes the 2.0 disappointing. One of the words used in the video was "sloppy", and that most accurately describes the 2.0 versus the original that was being dubbed "figure of the year".

That's what I was bringing up about how these runs work and the slots these companies have with the manufacturing. How do you stick a second run without disrupting the runs of other companies? If I was the manufacturer I would say, "Yeah, I can fit you in. I'v got an overworked crew I can make work at night. It'll be rushed but I can get for you."

Back