Mars Toys 1/6 Prank Villain (Three versions of Cesar Romero's Joker)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does look far better than the stock one on the figure. I’ll probably get one eventually.
huge difference to me, especially the way it drapes and sits makes it look like an actual proper tie unlike what mars toys had. the rest of the fabric goods, i might add is probably the most top notch from a 3rd party company but i find even hot toys ties or 3rd party ties in general tend to be a miss.

always can usually count on dino to make an insane looking tie. its always usually the ties that go overlooked since its a small piece to the figure but it adds so much to the overall cleanliness and presentation

if you can, jump on it but its all made to order so i don't think there's a rush on getting one

Mars Joker BC.jpg

The Pagliacci one is my least favorite I would say. Just not as much of a standout to me compared with the other two. Not much happening in terms of the outfit. The baseball one is cool though.

I feel like I need to get a baseball bat and have Joker pitching to Batman with Robin as umpire. :lol

Looks like Prison Joker will need a little work. Giraffe neck and the shoulders being a bit too squared off with just a shirt and no jacket. Wrong color on the pants too. Pagliacci Joker looks great.

Looks like Prison Joker will need a little work. Giraffe neck and the shoulders being a bit too squared off with just a shirt and no jacket. Wrong color on the pants too. Pagliacci Joker looks great.

The change in the colour of the trousers is what jumped out.

They were wrong to begin with, but are now more reminiscent of Shaggy's from Scooby-Doo.

Mars Toys Joker B (1).jpg

452963-Mars-Joker-BC.jpg

vlcsnap-2023-06-12-16h22m42s839.jpg

The Pagliacci version also has the wrong colour shoes:

vlcsnap-2023-06-12-16h23m48s381.jpg

How do the final production trousers deviate so much from the ones in the prototype photo? It went from brownish tones to dark red. I can see some minor deviation with color between prototype and production, though this is a pretty big difference. In general, I have always wondered this when I see this happening. Does someone have terrible color calibration on their monitor at the factory? Does someone just make a bad mistake? Does it end up costing more than they anticipated so they go for a less expensive option? How does this happen?

In the episode the prison trousers look more grey, maybe blue-grey which is what the 2014 8" Mego style figure went for:

s-l400.jpg

The catcher's look grey:

vlcsnap-2023-06-13-04h35m35s613.jpg

Though due to the budget they may not all be wearing the same costume, since Joker's trousers don't have the belt loops that are visible on others.

Grey is what I have stuck in my mind, so I'll try the pair from the Nerve Toys Two-Face I broke down.

As for the Pagliacci, I think he was wearing silk ballet shoes. For Mars' own budget restrictions they likely just re-used the black ones.

Last edited:
His mustache lightened up considerably from the prototype as well, but that appears to be more consistent with the screen photo. Shame, I actually liked it better darker.

To read and see that Mar Toys apart from the Joker (Cesar Romero) MAT013-A is not that good after all, I guessed after all the unreleased figures that were announced and the problems in the past. I wish Mars Toys all the best in this way and I do not hope that my fears will come true.

No hate!!!

It seems a bit early to give up on them. Granted, the pants color is off on the prison joker, but the shoes on the Pagliacci version actually match what they showed on the prototype, even if they’re not screen accurate. Their first joker version, IMO, was well beyond expectations.

They delivered three versions of a figure that no one else had touched for almost 60 years for around $125 each, and we might have to dye one pair of pants. When HT gets it wrong, it’s on a figure costing several times that price, and many times it was a sculpt issue that wasn’t fixable.

I have no dog in this fight, but I’m still willing to take a chance and PO their other 1966 figures, provided they actually make it to market. Other than the pants color on the one joker, I think their biggest challenge is that their manufacturing lead times are so bad. Time will tell.

To read and see that Mar Toys apart from the Joker (Cesar Romero) MAT013-A is not that good after all, I guessed after all the unreleased figures that were announced and the problems in the past. I wish Mars Toys all the best in this way and I do not hope that my fears will come true.

No hate!!!
its decent or good to most who are willing to accept an inferior knockoff 89 joker at a quarter of cost than spending aftermarket price for hot toy's. I've always thought their previous products have been pretty lackluster besides MAT13-A and Six Lane's Riddler (decent, but flawed). to date that 66 joker is their best figure and i can only hope for good quality going forward from them. hopefully they can keep quality high, especially for tailored goods since those are hard to fix besides getting sculpts repainted.

i have their forever riddler and 89 bruce wayne on pre order and hope they all turn out great lime mat13-a. that figure is a stand out compared to the other two.

If you look at that picture of the three figures the green hair is also way off. Certainly doesn't match the green on my figure.

The colour of the pants probably isn't recorded accurately either. At least wait for more pics or video.

Back