Mars Toys 1/6 Prank Villain (Three versions of Cesar Romero's Joker)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First release is still figure of the year for me. Three excellent sculpts, well tailored outfit, an abundance of hands and fun accessories. All for a very nice price.

The paint isn't on Hot Toys level but it's less noticeable than it would be with flesh tones.
Pretty much the same for me. I’m biased though since it’s a grail figure that I’ve been wanting for years in this scale.
Regardless it’s simply an amazing looking figure with awesome, useful accessories and an unheard of 3 sculpts, all with a spot on likeness and properly proportioned to the figure as well.

It's amazing how many people in the forum either don't understand or choose to ignore this simple premise. Especially in the EXO-6 threads.

Waiting for anticipated figures, only to have them fall short of expectations and promises is a repeated theme in 1/6 collecting.

IMO, the worst is when they show a prototype, you pre-order, wait a year, only to have the figure look nothing like the one promised. False advertising. And yet, when some people bring up their disappointment, there's always others ready to shoot them down and point out the obvious "it's just a prototype", as if we haven't just paid hundreds for a sub par figure, and can pay a couple hundred more to have a new sculpt and paintup.

There are always the ones who like to say "I told you so" and "I don't know why you expected them to be so great". Why? Because the proto' looked fantastic and I'm/we're a huge fan of the franchise.

The year ain't over yet. Plus it's subjective.

I do think it's a strong contender so far. Looks great in person, and getting 3 head sculpts is practically unheard of.
If a company shows a prototype and takes down payments in advance, then I would expect the figure to accurately reflect the prototype, what I have been shown! I am making my decision/purchase based on the good faith representation of the figure based on what the company is showing me. If it is going to look different, be degraded, etc. then that should be added to the information. *Final figure may or may not look like the prototype.

Pretty much the same for me. I’m biased though since it’s a grail figure that I’ve been wanting for years in this scale.
Regardless it’s simply an amazing looking figure with awesome, useful accessories and an unheard of 3 sculpts, all with a spot on likeness and properly proportioned to the figure as well.
Precisely. I truly never thought this figure would happen after HT dropped the ball 7 or so years ago and to now finally own it and have it exceed expectations for accessories, head sculpts and price point makes it the figure of the year (for me anyway). If the Dynamic Duo are at the same level as the initial Romero release I'll be thrilled.

The devil himself!
Toys Wonderland :horror
Had points...got it for free :dunno
harry potter hp GIF

You have received only a "shipping soon" notice... for free.

We'll see if you ever get the actual figure. For free.
1686785026386.png

Mars wasn't even on my radar when I placed the order. Had the points and was looking around their site and thought it looked cool :dunno
Never thought I would hear from them about again with all the trouble folks have had from them.

100_4540.JPG

I can't help but think of Shaggy when I look at the trousers. They even flare out as well.

ShaggyRogers.png

The shirt poppers are unsightly, especially the top one. The collar tends to ride up high because it's not easy keeping the shirt tucked down over the fat suit.

I'm going to see what he's like in the grey trousers, and also without the fat suit, which should help with the poppers and collar.

I'd be running that prison outfit through the wash a few times, dirtying it up inbetween washes.
The newness of the fabric ruins any kind of jail uniform aesthetic for me.

A tiny amount of black Rit dye will tone those trousers down.. but probably just getting a generic pair of dark brown/gray trousers off eBay would work. And again, give them some natural wear.

Pretty nice looking variant though, I'm happy enough with my first release but good to see these ones coming out as promised.

It's a pretty annoying figure. Even the crotch grabber support wobbles backwards and forwards like they do on those cheap black oval stands. I always glue those in, and will have to do the same with this one.

He's not actually wearing a fat suit, but a vest with a separate padded cummerbund. The cummerbund isn't required as he looks bulky enough with just the vest.

100_4541.JPG

The flimsy stud on the middle popper broke off immediately on opening the shirt, and was left embedded in the opposing part. That may not actually be a bad thing, because the shirt can now be pulled across further to hide the popper.

The top popper is so unsightly that I'll break the stud off and glue the two halves together, but further across so the lower part is hidden.

The problem with tucking the shirt in to pull the collar down isn't so much the body padding, but that the shirt is very short. Mars must've been saving money on material. I'll tape it down the way I did on Blitzway's wayward Zorro.

I think the colour of the trousers is an improvement, but I'll see if I can soak the creases out of them so they look less formal.

100_4550.JPG

I taped the shirt down, which made no difference to the collar.

I glued the poppers further across, which did make a bit of difference. However, the top one is sewn too far out to be completely hidden, though the edge might be shaved down with a craft knife.

I added thigh expanders to take up the excess material of the trousers, and added a bit of padding below the belly to fill the void created by the body.

Physically he's better, and visually he looks a little closer to how he should, but I'm just not feeling it. He's too bland.

100_4555.JPG

100_4556.JPG

I wonder how they got the colour of the pants so wrong. As great as the first release was they really half assed this one.

Hopefully they don't cut corners on Batman, Robin and the other villains.

I wonder how they got the colour of the pants so wrong. As great as the first release was they really half assed this one.

Hopefully they don't cut corners on Batman, Robin and the other villains.

It feels like they put in the bare amount of effort. Wrong colour trousers, and a badly tailored shirt with clumsily applied poppers.

He's an underwhelming figure. Like an oversized Mego with a custom sculpt. Ironically, he looked more interesting with the chestnut coloured trousers.

Hopefully the Pagliacci will have more of an effect, because this one doesn't even evoke the disturbing memory I have of seeing the episode for the first time as a child.

It feels like they put in the bare amount of effort. Wrong colour trousers, and a badly tailored shirt with clumsily applied poppers.

He's an underwhelming figure. Like an oversized Mego with a custom sculpt. Ironically, he looked more interesting with the chestnut coloured trousers.

Hopefully the Pagliacci will have more of an effect, because this one doesn't even evoke the disturbing memory I have of seeing the episode for the first time as a child.
Well there goes any excitement I had for the figure lol. Hopefully it's a one off and not the start of a trend.

The effort was clearly put into the standard set. The other two feel like afterthoughts. It would have been better if the B and C sets were accessory packs rather than full figures.

I don't think the head sculpts work with this figure. The hair has to be more disheveled and the white makeup less bright. He came across as more maniacal. I think that's what scared us.
I think you are right that it's a figure to stand with a group. Not a center piece, but a "remember Joker in the prison episode? I have him. He's back there."

Back