Action Figure LIMTOYS - All That Remains - 1/12 scale Jol and Elly collectible figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep. I'm ready for it to be over now. I see what they tried to do. I dont care about the agenda politics, it's just boring and overlong with characters I don't care about. This is not a 9.5 game. It's gotten such high praise because reviewers who score it well are on Sonys good side which contributes to early review copies which leads to clicks and views.

yep. I'm ready for it to be over now. I see what they tried to do. I dont care about the agenda politics, it's just boring and overlong with characters I don't care about. This is not a 9.5 game. It's gotten such high praise because reviewers who score it well are on Sonys good side which contributes to early review copies which leads to clicks and views.

I read somewhere that the game just reeks of pseudo-intellectualism which appeals to all the journalists out there. Definitely not wrong there. Can?t believe people are calling this game a masterpiece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It?s no masterpiece. Just finished it. A lot of people are right in being angry. They loved these characters and this happens. Explaining would go into spoiler territory but this game should of been a third installment not a second one.

Finished TLOU2 a couple of days ago and there's a gaping void left behind now. I ducked out of the online discourse around release to experience the game as untarnished as possible, and am glad I did. In certain pockets of the internet you'd believe this game was a pandemic of its own. Review bombing aside, it is a fantastic game with some really creative set-pieces and meticulous detail. If you're a gamer you'll want to check it out, if you're deeply invested in the story already, do so by all means but prepare yourself for pain. Some creative decisions have been divisive, it's a grim world and story, but nothing crossed any lines for me, and I liked the new characters.

Finished TLOU2 a couple of days ago and there's a gaping void left behind now. I ducked out of the online discourse around release to experience the game as untarnished as possible, and am glad I did. In certain pockets of the internet you'd believe this game was a pandemic of its own. Review bombing aside, it is a fantastic game with some really creative set-pieces and meticulous detail. If you're a gamer you'll want to check it out, if you're deeply invested in the story already, do so by all means but prepare yourself for pain. Some creative decisions have been divisive, it's a grim world and story, but nothing crossed any lines for me, and I liked the new characters.

You felt it too, then. At least somebody else did!

I loved the story, and I liked Abby. In fact Abby was more relatable than Ellie as the game went on, and Ellie became more and more obsessed with her quest.

But at the end there is that gaping void. An emptiness on multiple levels, especially if you found yourself caring for Abby and all the other affected parties as well. They already got me with that Velveteen Rabbit reference. :monkey2 (It also brought back a lot of memories on a more personal level).

I couldn't stop thinking about it for hours after getting to the end of the 'movie'. It leaves a void that needs filling with figures (preferably sixth scale), and a TLOU3, of course.

I've been rambling my thoughts in the CC Toys figure thread.

Maybe they can give the first two a bit more longevity by releasing them on PC. There are plenty of former console exclusives that are now out or coming out on PC platforms.

You felt it too, then. At least somebody else did!

I loved the story, and I liked Abby. In fact Abby was more relatable than Ellie as the game went on, and Ellie became more and more obsessed with her quest.

But at the end there is that gaping void. An emptiness on multiple levels, especially if you found yourself caring for Abby and all the other affected parties as well. They already got me with that Velveteen Rabbit reference. :monkey2 (It also brought back a lot of memories on a more personal level).

I couldn't stop thinking about it for hours after getting to the end of the 'movie'. It leaves a void that needs filling with figures (preferably sixth scale), and a TLOU3, of course.

I've been rambling my thoughts in the CC Toys figure thread.

Same, I actually prefer Abby's story and the development of her character....way more than just a generic revenge story of Ellie.

Same, I actually prefer Abby's story and the development of her character....way more than just a generic revenge story of Ellie.

Yes,

Spoiler Spoiler:

I've been watching the ratings for the game on IMDB. They've been gradually rising over past few days, which indicates to me that people are actually experiencing it for themselves and their scores are overcoming the negative ratings left by those who just hated the story since the leaks, and would've given it 1/10 regardless whether they experienced the entirety of it or not.

The current scoring is a real love/hate affair with 45.8% 10/10, and 24.6% 1/10.

As a story I'd rate it 10/10, but as a game 9/10 because there are obviously issues with the AI that prevent it reaching 'perfection'.

Personally I thought the Last Of Us Part 2 was an excellent game, and probably the best horror game I've played. It really is the second part of a larger story rather than a sequel. And boy is it brutal, not only in the realism of the violence, but in the way it mangles the players emotions. I really felt like I had the **** kicked out of me by the end. It's not a happy story, more like a Day Of The Dead but with no redeeming characters.

I thought the story was so bad it nearly ruins an incredible gaming experience. Rearranging some sequences could’ve helped with the pacing overall, but the hurdle the writers set themselves up to overcome was too big, and their attempts to bring me on board with the change in story direction later on in the game just felt like cheap emotional manipulation that I was not buying. It’s a real shame. I was searching for reasons to like this game more but unfortunately I can’t.

Yes,

Spoiler Spoiler:

I've been watching the ratings for the game on IMDB. They've been gradually rising over past few days, which indicates to me that people are actually experiencing it for themselves and their scores are overcoming the negative ratings left by those who just hated the story since the leaks, and would've given it 1/10 regardless whether they experienced the entirety of it or not.

The current scoring is a real love/hate affair with 45.8% 10/10, and 24.6% 1/10.

As a story I'd rate it 10/10, but as a game 9/10 because there are obviously issues with the AI that prevent it reaching 'perfection'.

The encapsulation of Ellie's character in this game I would prefer to depict as "spoiled little brat" with psychological trauma carried from the first game.

The encapsulation of Ellie's character in this game I would prefer to depict as "spoiled little brat" with psychological trauma carried from the first game.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Indeed, that's why I found Abby to be the more sympathetic character, and Ellie the more frustrating as she continued to bring more sorrow upon herself.

It was a clever ruse for a story, if not so much for a game. We'll never know what the general reception would've been if everyone had discovered the story for themselves, rather than being spoiled by the leaks and forming their opinions beforehand.

Spoiler Spoiler:

What are the chances LimToys makes this set in 1/6 scale?
I dont need all the accessories...but I dont want to pay the ridiculous prices on ebay for the cctoys set

Thank your for the support!
We will make sure they look better on release, we're already switching Ellys sleeves to fabric according to fan feedback.

These prototypes look great. May I ask what improvements you're planning to implement? I have some suggestions on the portaits I feel might be helpful, though I understand it's easy to judge from the outside.

joel.jpg
Joel is really good with a lot of great detail work. To my eye the lower half of his face is a tiny bit short, giving the head a slightly wider appearance. The model in game is longer, more gaunt, with more chin.

ellie.jpg
Ellie is really close too, but I think she has a bit too much chin. Her jaw is really round, especially with her mouth closed. I think the hair sweeping over her brow is a bit too thick, and she'd probably have a bit more character with a higher brow.

To anyone who wants a good spoiler review of the last of us 2, check out Critical Drinker:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iGtKUaPhdfk

The man was really spot on when reviewing the game, ultimately saying that it definitely was brave and ambitious in its storytelling, but at the same time it dishonours it?s predecessor, it?s plot and characters, and often times comes forward as a ?self-indulgent vanity project?.

All in all, he says the question the player should ask themselves is whether or not the story of second game was one that needed to be told (for Drinker, he says he would have much rather the first game to remain a stand-alone title).

In general, I think we can all agree that this game was extremely polarising and divisive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People seem to be equally split about Death Stranding, said to be a massive vanity project for Hideo Kojima. Certainly both games seem to be ones where you have to make up your own mind. You do seem to have to spend a lot of money doing so though. I spent less on the Quantic Dream trilogy than I could on Death Stranding.

TLOU 1 and 2 would only be of real interest to me if they came out on PC, which, it seems, they may not, unlike other so called 'console exclusives'.

wow, I PO'd these thinking they were 1/6 scale. They look so good that I didn't even notice the huge 1/12 scale signs all over the figure and this thread. Lol. Oh well, I guess I'll see how I like them when they get here.

Back