LIMTOYS - Nathan 1/6 scale collectible figure (Uncharted 4)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not too hard to figure out how LIM Toys continue to exists under the radar, basically LIM Toys is a 'sub'company under another company and this line is their passion while they continue with their bread and butter production with whichever company out there. So the bread and butter takes priority while they use whatever spare time/funds to continue with their passion projects.

As to the reason for slow production/updates, lots of factors could be in play but I think staying under the radar is key as licensed companies best interests are to maintain their IP and merch while striking down any products that are not licensed.

I doubt LIM Toys will confirm this with us and I don't expect them to. To me it will come when it comes.

It's not too hard to figure out how LIM Toys continue to exists under the radar, basically LIM Toys is a 'sub'company under another company and this line is their passion while they continue with their bread and butter production with whichever company out there.

:unsure:

I think they mean like ekuaz and dam. But I dunno

That's what I assumed. In that case I think VTS is the parent of DAM, Ekuaz, VeryCool and others.

I was wondering who could be LIM's parent company, because it never crossed my mind they might have one. :unsure:

It's an industry with complicated relations, and hard to tell who owns who, or who's just collaborating.

Person who runs LIM is probably independently wealthy, and is doing this as a side gig. Which explains how the projects are funded, and why it takes so long, between waiting for prototypes from the factory and working a day job.

Just guessing, 2,000 pcs of Gunslinger sold at $200 each, probably costs $100 to manufacture, LIM maybe profits $50-75 off that, so math is about $150k in profit for the run, so LIM has $75k per year to operate on over the past two years. Plus I know they had some 1/12 stuff since then, so maybe they could live off that, but probably not enough to live off of and fund your business. But it's a lot more attractive proposition, if you are a sculptor in your day job, for an effects studio or something, if you're already in the entertainment business, and you're making $75k per year as a side hustle.

It's not like LIM is a business of 10 people and they're all just sitting around waiting for the factory to send them back parts. I think people are under the assumption all these companies are actual 'company-sized' companies, when they're more than likely no more than groups of 1-3 people, who just arrange things to get made in a factory.

If LIM was an off-shoot of a bigger brand, they wouldn't have such tremendous delays with their product, as the factory manager would keep their stuff moving, since LIM and their parent company gives the factory a lot of business ... but since they don't, their stuff gets put on the back burner. Which is what RRX has already told us, in so many words.

One thing I think people need to keep in mind is that LIM is using the same factory that Hot Toys uses. They abandoned their old factory due to quality control issues - issues that are still plaguing the release of that Detroit figure, per R_R_X a while back. So, since LIM is a much small operation, they probably need to wait for the factory to be able to get to their production runs. I think that alone causes a delay - on top of the fact that LIM insists on everything being perfect before release and things get redone.

Limtoy's problem is that they overpromised. In the wake of the gunslinger's release, they announced or alluded that they were going to produce John, Dutch, Joel, Ellie from part one and part 2, Nate, Snake, Sam Bridges, Aloy, a sick headsculpt for the gunslinger, a twelfth scale gunslinger, and a twelfth scale Leon from re4. This was on top of outstanding preorders they still had at the time the gunslinger's release. It's been nearly two and a half years since then and all they've released are the 1/12 all that remains figures and more gunslingers. If they really are such a small outfit then they shouldn't have committed to twelve projects at once.

Last edited:
Going to ask @Kit Chen if he has any update on this figure, by chance.

I'm guessing not a lot of people ask for updates on Limtoys, so maybe you don't have anything. But there's constant talk Lim has gone out of business when they are late. I know you would let people know if something happened - but maybe if you can tell the people waiting on this one anything, it will calm some people down.

Going to ask @Kit Chen if he has any update on this figure, by chance.

I'm guessing not a lot of people ask for updates on Limtoys, so maybe you don't have anything. But there's constant talk Lim has gone out of business when they are late. I know you would let people know if something happened - but maybe if you can tell the people waiting on this one anything, it will calm some people down.
releasing in Q2

releasing in Q2
So within Q3 atleast. Thats awesome.
@Kit Chen Taking this chance to ask do you have any update about this since I have paid full amount for this and was supposed to release Q3 last year :(
1709955399931.png

Last edited:
Back