1/6 Hot Toys- MMS631 - Spider-Man: No Way Home - Green Goblin Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so angry at HT right now. They ruined one of my all time grail figures. What good is it to have goblin with glider when you can't even pose him on the damn thing. Epic fail! Wtf were they thinking? I am not even looking forward to getting it in hand now, anticipation and excitement totally gone now. 😞
DON'T let what you've seen dampen your spirits.
Once in hand,get to posing it up in a way that you're happy with.
You didn't come this far just to come this far.
You've got this!!!

If you’re happy damaging your figure
View attachment 672765

The knees bend but the hips are useless.
Someone suggested that a drop-leg system should have been used which I kind of agree with.
Goblin’s gotta crouch.
Hey I didn’t say he could be left like that without consequences 🤣

Apart from the stitching coming undone, that all sounds expected from a Hot Toy in a dynamic pose. But I think a person could split the difference between that extreme crunch pose and the perfectly straight legs some collectors have been leaving him in - and one could have something that could be left longterm with minimal damage.

Relax guys, look how ******* dope this GG pose is. Gotta use the glider to get the right angle

idk why the pic is such bad quality 😅

1699202331895.png

Not counting the low percentage of people buying goblin without the glider, they had to know most of us that buy it would be wanting to pose it on the glider. So how in the hell did this figure not get made with articulation in mind? I mean do they not do any qc testing at all?

Relax guys, look how ******* dope this GG pose is. Gotta use the glider to get the right angle

idk why the pic is such bad quality 😅

View attachment 672822
Yeah I think taking advantage of the glider’s articulation is key. This is a great dynamic pose and because the glider is doing half the work, the legs don’t have to be bent so far that they would cause much if any suit damage.

My thoughts are that even if these figures aren’t perfect and it’s a shame the figures will be grails after they’re sold out.

People like to complain and not saying it’s not justified but also they’re not likely to be remade.

They at least look mostly good (aside from Ock’s sculpt).

DON'T let what you've seen dampen your spirits.
Once in hand,get to posing it up in a way that you're happy with.
You didn't come this far just to come this far.
You've got this!!!
This is why my wallet is always in a pain cycle. So you're the one who puts voices in my head.

Couldn't get him inside the detolf, so he's hanging out on the rooftop until I figure out what to do. I'll probably end up cutting the glider stand down to a third of it's current height.

View attachment 672863
Someone somewhere (reddit? Earlier in this thread?) found some stubbier flight stands for him; give that a look!

This figure is in dire need of modifications to those hip joints. The suit really shouldn't have been one continuous piece from torso to legs. Not with this rubber material. Gobby needs to be able to properly crouch down and straddle that glider dang it.

I’m just too damn scared to pose this, I don’t trust the material at all. This is one figure I’ll probably never try to do anything besides a basic museum pose, which I hate, but after seeing a few of my grail figures deteriorate from extreme poses over the years (Terminator 1, BVS and JL regular suit Batman, Deadpool, homecoming tech suit Spider-Man) I think I’m done with posing any of my figures ☹️

I’m just too damn scared to pose this, I don’t trust the material at all. This is one figure I’ll probably never try to do anything besides a basic museum pose, which I hate, but after seeing a few of my grail figures deteriorate from extreme poses over the years (Terminator 1, BVS and JL regular suit Batman, Deadpool, homecoming tech suit Spider-Man) I think I’m done with posing any of my figures ☹️
Unfortunately at that point, statues would start to become my preference. I have started seeing myself buy less HT now and more statues and that may have been the underlying reason I may not have even been consciously aware of.

Being capable of a signature pose for a character shouldn’t be something that could ruin the item. Just putting the goblin on the glider should be possible without fear of destroying anything. I really wish HT would give up on these cheap rubbery substitutes of an outfit and try harder to replicate some of these in more accurate materials. Granted I don’t have a good suggestion for an alternative on this one but several Spideys shouldn’t have been rubbery.

This is the ToysEra Fiend, with Hot Toys hands/pumpkins, on the HT glider.

The foot stirrups on the HT glider are incompatible with the TE. Thankfully you can pop them off and switch them out without any modification.

While the Hot Toys is the better looking figure, it’s better suited for a museum pose. If you want comfortable action poses, get the TE! It’s more fun to mess around with.

Long story, short: if you’re a big Raimi Spidey enthusiast, or Willem Dafoe Goblin fan, both are essential.

do you mind me asking how? Is the peg too small/too big, are the TE feet too big/small to fit in the HT one?
Could it be altered?
Just curious in case I ever get a hand on the glider or body of one figure and feel like mixing it up

do you mind me asking how? Is the peg too small/too big, are the TE feet too big/small to fit in the HT one?
Could it be altered?
Just curious in case I ever get a hand on the glider or body of one figure and feel like mixing it up
The pegs on the HT glider are much too big for the TE feet.

If you happen to have the TE glider, it’s easy to switch the foot rests out.

Attachments

• B2024FEE-4719-4B26-BDB9-05C55AF7B1CB.jpeg
    B2024FEE-4719-4B26-BDB9-05C55AF7B1CB.jpeg
    810.7 KB · Views: 0
Back