1/6 Hot Toys- MMS631 - Spider-Man: No Way Home - Green Goblin Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah - the poseability issue is as I feared - not seen a single pic of him in a decent pose, its all standing straight upright on the glider.... looks weird.
In contrast the Toys Era one still holds up in a crouched pose despite being left in that position since I bought it.
Still have my Toys Era Fiend up for sale as I still have the upgraded look on pre-order but honestly I'm thinking more and more that I may just keep it and maybe cancel the pre-order.
Got some thinking to do.

I think this figure looks great stood... but not on the glider, which is how we would all want to pose him.
Only solution I can think of is carefully making some slits in the suit to allow a pose... but you have to be very brave and committed to do that, and plan ahead carefully so that you dont make them in spots that will be super visible and wont just become stress points where the suit further tears or breaks down.
Bit its the only way I can currently imagine to get those good poses.
I also have the upgrade version on order so I just picked up this GG without the glider to replace my Toys Era Fiend on the TE glider. The pegs on the TE stirrups are further forward than those on the HT glider but it's easy enough to drill extra holes on the bottom of the HT GG's feet to provide the necessary clearance. The HT feet are wider than the TE feet so the heels don't quite go all the way down into the stirrups but the fronts fit securely under the toe guards. Between that and the figure clamp on the TE stand he stays on the glider just fine. It definitely can't match the TE Fiend for flexibility (it has zero ab crunch and barely any bend at the waist due to the restrictiveness of the suit), but between the knee articulation and the ever so slight waist bend he looks pretty good. I'll be keeping the TE Fiend for when I want to do extreme poses but for now this HT Goblin+TE Glider combo will represent the 2002 OG Goblin in my collection. Full disclosure: While I prefer the HT's paint applications, mask shape, suit design details & pumpkin bombs over those of the TE Fiend, the limited articulation pretty much negates what are marginal improvements in all those aspects. If I knew then what I know now I probably wouldn't have bothered ordering this one.

Hopefully HT has designed the Upgraded figure's suit such that its articulation isn't quite so limited. I'm not overly optimistic but only time will tell...

Thanks man! How would you say the two gliders compare?
The details are different enough. I imagine the TE glider is more accurate to the 2002 design, however the HT glider is better scaled and more impressive overall, in terms of size and engineering.

The TE figure and HT glider complement each other perfectly.

I also have the upgrade version on order so I just picked up this GG without the glider to replace my Toys Era Fiend on the TE glider. The pegs on the TE stirrups are further forward than those on the HT glider but it's easy enough to drill extra holes on the bottom of the HT GG's feet to provide the necessary clearance. The HT feet are wider than the TE feet so the heels don't quite go all the way down into the stirrups but the fronts fit securely under the toe guards. Between that and the figure clamp on the TE stand he stays on the glider just fine. It definitely can't match the TE Fiend for flexibility (it has zero ab crunch and barely any bend at the waist due to the restrictiveness of the suit), but between the knee articulation and the ever so slight waist bend he looks pretty good. I'll be keeping the TE Fiend for when I want to do extreme poses but for now this HT Goblin+TE Glider combo will represent the 2002 OG Goblin in my collection. Full disclosure: While I prefer the HT's paint applications, mask shape, suit design details & pumpkin bombs over those of the TE Fiend, the limited articulation pretty much negates what are marginal improvements in all those aspects. If I knew then what I know now I probably wouldn't have bothered ordering this one.

Hopefully HT has designed the Upgraded figure's suit such that its articulation isn't quite so limited. I'm not overly optimistic but only time will tell...

The details are different enough. I imagine the TE glider is more accurate to the 2002 design, however the HT glider is better scaled and more impressive overall, in terms of size and engineering.

The TE figure and HT glider complement each other perfectly.

Okay - I think I've made my decision - I'm gonna keep my Toys Era Fiend and just customize it to something a little more visually interesting [even if not entirely movie accurate]
Add a shredded purple hoodie, a belt, a satchel, some holsters and other blades and weapons... something like that.
The mask design has grown on me over the years and if the HT glider is only a slight upgrade then tbh its not worth the fortune the Upgraded Goblin costs from Sideshow which is the only place I was able to place an order.

Thanks, I'll take a look for it! As for anyone wondering what Gobby looks like in the detolf without a stand, he does fit:View attachment 672879
This is my plan for posing my Upgraded Suit Goblin. I would rather not use flight stands etc. I mean you could think of this as Goblin before he gets airborne or something.

I was also thinking of maybe getting a low clear acrylic disc or block to place the glider on to have it slightly of the floor …not sure how that would look

The pegs on the HT glider are much too big for the TE feet.

If you happen to have the TE glider, it’s easy to switch the foot rests out.
You happen to ever pose up the HT on the TE glider? Really prefer the look of the 2002 glider so I'm curious how they look together

Hi guys,
I have a Toys Era glider for sale if anyone is interested - just DM me with whatever price your thinking.
It comes with a pair of the Toy Era Goblin feet that have been glued into the footholds to make the figure able to free stand on the glider [compatable with the HT body] and I have made the glider wings far stronger by placing a small wooden cocktail sticks in the pistons of the glider wings, meaning the wings no longer flop about like the standard release. The sticks are invisible and between the two mods the glider is able to hold the Goblin figure in a lot of very dynamic poses without a flight pole. The sticks are easily removable however with a pin.

So, I snagged a Glider from this Goblin from the Toy Anxiety BF sale, done a few mods to my Toys Era Goblin and made up my own version of Dafoe's Goblin - partly inspired from the Upgraded look and the comics.
1701525649303.jpeg
1701525670661.jpeg
1701525713523.jpeg

1701526024905.jpeg
1701526120282.jpeg

1701525752007.jpeg
1701525790657.jpeg

1701525845953.jpeg
1701525928456.jpeg

1701525881332.jpeg

1701525894516.jpeg

1701525961590.jpeg

1701525988431.jpeg

Attachments

• 1701526088207.jpeg
    1701526088207.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 0
  • 1701525625422.jpeg
    1701525625422.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 0
I can't really get any more dynamic than this with the pose. It does look better in person than on camera, I just can't seem to capture the pose properly on my phone.

Agree that he looks ridiculously cool, though.

@lordnastrond, using the Mysterio smoke effects, excellent idea!

Attachments

• IMG_20240114_084321.jpg
    IMG_20240114_084321.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240114_084315.jpg
    IMG_20240114_084315.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
I recently bought the parts for the upgraded suit for the OG. Now have both figures to be displayed. Upgraded really is a solid figure tbh. Skipped the newer glider however.

The back of my William Defoe head keeps falling off. Anyone else have this issue?

So, I snagged a Glider from this Goblin from the Toy Anxiety BF sale, done a few mods to my Toys Era Goblin and made up my own version of Dafoe's Goblin - partly inspired from the Upgraded look and the comics.
View attachment 676533View attachment 676534View attachment 676535
View attachment 676544View attachment 676546
View attachment 676536View attachment 676537
View attachment 676538View attachment 676541
View attachment 676539
View attachment 676540
View attachment 676542

View attachment 676543
I like the bulkiness of the Hot Toys, but damn, that thing cannot pose.

The Toys ERA as an ACTION FIGURE is better. I always feel the Hot Toys will break. The legs cannot move that well.

Hot Toys My velcro detatches(Glue isn't holding my pieces together, especially around the nexk), my hair piece if falling off from William Dafoe, I think I maybe in the minority, but Hot Toys looks nice, but its a mess. It's a big mess...on the surface it looks great but...yeah...it fails at doing anything a real action figure should without falling apart....

Last edited:
Back