Kaustic Plastik and Infinite Statue - John Wayne OFFICIAL 1/6 Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaustic Plastik

star_filled_24_fds-gray-70.png
Favourites · 48 mins ·

Are you ready for the FIRST unboxing of John Wayne? Yeah finally the Duke is ready to be shipped (sorry for the delay guys, but situation in our factory country wasn't easy with Coronavirus lately and we had many unwelcome delays).
Dean Knight made an AMAZING detailed unboxing and review! Give a look!
🤠

Well, I don't share his enthusiasm, but it was probably a freebie.

The vest still looks too stiff and awkward, as does the coat which also has turned back cuffs that are too dark. The trousers bulge out weirdly like jodhpurs. The shirt doesn't look as worn or weathered as the prototype.

The guns look roughly cast and lumpy, and would've been better made from plastic.

The hands have a translucent quality, and the face has a little of that as well. The hair doesn't look grey enough.

The whole thing looks meh in the video, and compared to LiM Toys' quality looks more like a knock off. :monkey3

He gave it a 9.5, dropping the 0.5 because the neckerchief colour was a bit off. :lol

Hopefully it looks and works better in hand, because the figure in the video looks 6/10.

9.5/10 is LiM Gunslinger territory.

vlcsnap-2022-04-01-12h56m21s645.jpg

What he was supposed to look like...

MV5B_.jpg

be5dee97bd2f13866d55e40691f7b151.jpg

Can't tell from the video whether the coat can be fastened. The prototype photos seemed to indicate there were actual buttonholes.

It would be one way of wrestling this figure under control - ditch the stiff vest and do the coat up. But then you miss all the detail in the gun belt and buckle.

Alternatively the coat might take water treatment to tame it so it hangs closer to the body. The vest looked problematical right from the start, and would likely still have to go.

Water might also get rid of the unsightly bagginess above the knees.

It's a bit ridiculous having to look at ways of saving a $285 licensed figure (for the basic version). I normally expect that from bootlegs priced half as much.

It was a bit of a shot in the dark as I was hoping some parts would improve by production.

It’s not terrible, but the first thing I noticed was that the vest looks like a life preserver when it is on without the jacket over it. I do agree with the above comments. Also, if the rifle is weathered, the stock should be as well, especially since that is the part that is always exposed to the elements. The pistol grips should be weathered as well.

Damn, you guys are a tough crowd... from the video it looks like a fantastic figure to me. The paint apps look a bit "old-fashioned", like a slightly better version of Sideshow's old paint apps, and the button fasteners also look a bit outdated, but that would be my nit-picking...

I thought the sculpt paint looked okay in the video, but the clothes were ill-fitting like an earlier Sideshow.

KP are a bit like Big Chief Studio. They're not top level, but they price themselves as though they were. They were showing promise with Bud Spencer, but it didn't really come to anything.

Doesn't help that Dean Knight is obliged to hype up every release, as he does with TOTS' figures.

9.5/10 ensures KP will send him more figures early for review.

I thought the sculpt paint looked okay in the video, but the clothes were ill-fitting like an earlier Sideshow.

KP are a bit like Big Chief Studio. They're not top level, but they price themselves as though they were. They were showing promise with Bud Spencer, but it didn't really come to anything.

Doesn't help that Dean Knight is obliged to hype up every release, as he does with TOTS' figures.

9.5/10 ensures KP will send him more figures early for review.
That is the thing with some reviewers, they fear bad figures as being overly critical could harm their reputation. I've always respected Michael Crawford when it comes to reviews. He's always fair and he saved me a lot of money in the past.

That is the thing with some reviewers, they fear bad figures as being overly critical could harm their reputation. I've always respected Michael Crawford when it comes to reviews. He's always fair and he saved me a lot of money in the past.

When I was getting into collecting 1/6 more seriously I used to search out Michael's reviews to decide on figures.

More recently though, since there's a lot more video reviews, I haven't been following his site.

With some reviewers I tend not to take much notice of what they're saying, but judge from I can see for myself from the video.

Back