1/6 Kaustic Plastik and Infinite Statue - John Wayne as Hondo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score

Kaustic Plastik

10 m ·

By popular demand, we announce the return of the Duke, the unforgettable John Wayne!
A new 1/6 Action figure will be announced in 2024!
🌵

KP Hondo.jpg

There's less for KP to mess up on this figure. No coat to be made oversized, and no leather vest to stick out.

Presumably they'll still be using the useless magnetic base. Whenever I tested Rooster Cogburn he either fell backwards or forwards due to the Duke's delicate ankles.

Well....a younger Wayne may be an obstacle. They are relatively new and are still going through some growing pains. Outfit-wise it should be okay. Wonder if the dog is included?

Well....a younger Wayne may be an obstacle. They are relatively new and are still going through some growing pains. Outfit-wise it should be okay. Wonder if the dog is included?

Someone mentioned on KP's post that the dog was the original Lassie.

From IMDB:

Pal, the dog that played Sam, was the original screen Lassie. In this movie, he is supposed to be vicious and ill-tempered, but the temperatures during filming were so hot, he simply panted instead of snarling when on-camera. In order to overcome this, he was kept in a special air-conditioned crate while on-set, and was only brought out for his shots.

They are relatively new and are still going through some growing pains. Outfit-wise it should be okay. Wonder if the dog is included?

KP have been hit or miss. Their product can be good, bad or ugly.

Rooster is effective, but limited. I tried the coat but couldn't make it work. Worn over his vest he looked like the Michelin man, and even without it underneath the tailoring looked off. It'd probably work worn over just the shirt if it was soaked and moulded into shape.

I opted for just the vest, but it's so stiff it wants to stick out forwards. His fat gut is part of the problem here.

Changed his pose today after seeing Jase25's photo, which helps to tame the vest. However, that raises the issue of his shirt sleeves being a bit short. I tried repeatedly to pull them to cover his wrist joints but they wouldn't stay there.

The sculpt grew on me in hand, and is pretty well painted too.

The magnetic base, as mentioned, was useless. His ankles just aren't up to the task of safely keeping him upright.

IMG_1192 KP Rooster.JPG

IMG_1193 KP Rooster.JPG

I forgot to brush the speck of dust off his face. In hand I can't see it. It was there the last time I photographed him:

53131481201_c28e562fa3_o.jpg

Hondo's outfit eliminates the issues I found with Rooster, so by rights he ought to be a better figure.

Unless KP give his sculpt the Twin Peaks Dale Cooper treatment. :horror:panic:

I don't own this figure. You guys have done a fantastic job in presenting it. All the difficulties in handling it don't come across in your pics. The vest aside I think it represents the character well. Perhaps a little more wear and tear .ie handkerchief less red. I like how the hands look like an old man's hands.

I don't own this figure. You guys have done a fantastic job in presenting it. All the difficulties in handling it don't come across in your pics. The vest aside I think it represents the character well. Perhaps a little more wear and tear .ie handkerchief less red. I like how the hands look like an old man's hands.
Old man hands, just checked mine, you are correct. It's the mileage not the years or hands.

Agreed. KP is typically solid and @Asta is correct re: pose-ability. I stuck him in this pose and he hasn’t moved since.
View attachment 671782
Looks good with the Asmus Toys diorama. Where did you acquire the chair and table? I gave my figure to a good cause although I still have the Web Exclusive base.

Back