Kaustic Plastik and Infinite Statue - John Wayne OFFICIAL 1/6 Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I saw the picture of the pistol, that told me everything I needed to know.

When I saw the UK group price for the Standard was identical to the Hong Kong price (TNS), my resolve weakened.

It's still silly expensive, but I do like True Grit.

The Colt will stay in the holster, and John Wayne usually wore the holster more towards his back. The vest will probably have to be removed, unless the final leather is more pliable, but it's often not even visible when his coat's open.

Watched the film again last night, and was reminded that it had more realism than many of the westerns up until that point.

Horses get shot, both accidentally and on purpose. (Stagecoach robberies would've been a lot simpler and shorter if the bandits in movies just shot one of the horses!)

Rooster explains why he only loads five rounds in his six-shooter. It was a fact that a chamber was left empty for safety, in case the hammer was accidentally hit while the revolver was holstered - anything striking the hammer could cause the firing pin to make contact with the cartridge.

Shooting with the weapons of the time, and especially from horseback, was a literal hit or miss affair. That plays out across the film.

There are some anachronisms, such as Mattie's 1960s haircut, or Rooster's Winchester 1892.

I'll have to go through the film again, because I'm intrigued where KP's satchel appeared, or who was carrying the coffee pot that appeared in the camp scene.

Last edited:
Sideshow has this up for $335 Deluxe and $300 Regular. I already have this version of JW in the old SS PF which is a grail piece for me, so I was going to pass…until I saw BBTS had It up for $420 and $370. I thought maybe SS pricing was a mistake, had a $25 coupon expiring, and figured he’d look great with my just arrived James Dean Cowboy….so I ordered.

Just preordered this at kghobby 190 euro basic ver with free shipping for europe, pretty sweet deal.

Just preordered this at kghobby 190 euro basic ver with free shipping for europe, pretty sweet deal.

I saw their prices and couldn't believe it.

They rarely offer free shipping on figures, yet both of these are clearly marked as free.

How can they knock over a 100 Euros off KP's retail price, and still not charge shipping?

I kicked myself when I saw it, having already ordered locally. :slap

Yep. WAY overpriced, and doesn’t look all that great. Now I see why they hadn’t shown the head sculpt or hands before this — looks like the kind of crap paint applications you see on most statues for comic book characters, and they could have done a better job on the hair sculpt, with more scraggly bits. Very disappointed. Easy pass. Thankfully I have the ArtFigures Searchers/Wayne as my definitive Duke figure.
I’m curios about the ArtFigures Searchers Wayne. Did a Google search for it and could not find it. Was it under some odd code name?

I’m curios about the ArtFigures Searchers Wayne. Did a Google search for it and could not find it. Was it under some odd code name?
It was a custom project that I think only about 10 people were involved in (I honestly can’t remember the exact number, but it was a fairly small run).

Is anyone else bothered by how he's holding the shotgun in that one pic? His left hand can't even properly grip the forearm.. that or KP didn't pose it properly.

Attachments

• jw.jpg
    jw.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 62
^ More like they very lazily didn’t make the correct hand gesture and just went with whatever generic hands they could get their hands (no pun intended) on — how very Sideshow of them.

Although I appreciate the improvements, the sculpt is still lacking in likeness.

I always appreciate companies improving their product, but if it isn't noticeable what's the point? Instead of showing the 3rd render show the head sculpt.

Back