Kaustic Plastik and Infinite Statue - John Wayne OFFICIAL 1/6 Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a link to where to buy this on the 5th? I don’t do FB, so not sure where to look.

Kaustic Plastik

1 hr ·

Produced by Kaustic Plastik and Infinite Statue

Product Management by Fabio Varesi
Designed by Fabio Varesi and Fabio Berruti
3d headsculpt and accessories by Sean Dabbs
3d Extra parts Daniele 'Danko' Angelozzi
Master Paint by Dario Barbera
Outfit designed by KP Team
Exclusive Artwork by Giada Giusti

Release date: 4rd Quarter 2021/1st 2022
Features:

– John Wayne lifelike Headsculpts (Handmade paint) based on 1969/1970 Likeness
– 8 Posable hands
– One Body fully articulated (31 cm)
– One blue shirt (weathered)
– One pair of brown pants (weathered)
– Khaki Jacket with working buttons
– Pants suspenders
– Gilet (weathered)
– Red Scarf Bandana (weathered)
– Sheriff Star
– Metal bracelet
– One pair of Brown boots (weathered)
– John Wayne's trademark Colt Single Action Army revolver chambered for .44-40 Winchester
– Winchester 1892 SRC special shortened barrel
– Metal spurs
– Belt with eagle buckle
– Holster with full set of bullets
– Optional .45-70 long rifle bullets
– Cowboy Hat
– Whiskey bottle
– Backpack (Deluxe and exclusive version only)
– Coffee cup (Deluxe and exclusive version only)
– Coffee Machine (Deluxe and exclusive version only)
– Standard Stand (Magnetic)
– WEB Exclusive ONLY (Only at Kaustic Plastik and Infinite Statue e-commerce sites): 200 pcs hand numbered and artist signed artwork poster, printed in high quality paper

KP John Wayne 1.jpg
KP John Wayne 2.jpg
KP John Wayne 3.jpg
KP John Wayne 5.jpg
KP John Wayne 6.jpg
KP John Wayne 4.jpg

KP John Wayne 7.jpg

Wayne_exclusive_04-scaled.jpg

Wayne_exclusive_06-scaled.jpg

WAYNE-EXCLUS-COMPLETE-SET-scaled.jpg
WAYNE-DELUXE-COMPLETE-SET-scaled.jpg

Last edited:
Love westerns, but John Wayne was never an actor I gravitated towards. He was on the tail end of his career, and life, when I was a kid. I have never seen any of his movies. Just as a western figure this intrigues me. Price will most likely detour me.

Not a John Wayne fan either but the western aspect of it intrigued me. The shiny plastic, poorly sculpted hands and sub par paint apps on the sculpt just turns me away at their price point.

The shiny plastic, poorly sculpted hands and sub par paint apps on the sculpt just turns me away at their price point.

Plus the waistcoat material is so thick and stiff it deforms the silhouette of the coat.

The Colt SAA looks embarrassing after the pair that came with VTS' 'Red Death'. It's reminiscent of Yamato circa 1999.

The exclusive campfire is unimpressive and unconvincing, as is the sculpted bag which already looks like it was faulty coming out of the mould (the buckle on the side is missing sections).

Apart from some of the higher quality parts the figure looks a bit 'retro'.

Disappointing because their Bud Spenser looked good throughout.

I was really excited for this, but the pictures so far have left me disappointed.

Part of me still wants the basic version, but the price is silly for something that isn't quite right.

That waistcoat will have to be ditched, because it's making it look like he's got an armoured vest under his coat. The actual vest looked like thin, soft, worn leather.

true-grit-title-768x424-735x413.jpg

john-wayne-true-grit-1969-T014CJ.jpg

It creased like fabric and didn't stick out like the rigid leather KP used.

In the photos where KP have his hands holding the bottom of the vest in, his coat is bulging out below his armpits.

The vest is an iconic piece of western movie attire, but if I got this I'd have to take it off and just go with the coat look.

I was really excited for this, but the pictures so far have left me disappointed.
Yep. WAY overpriced, and doesn’t look all that great. Now I see why they hadn’t shown the head sculpt or hands before this — looks like the kind of crap paint applications you see on most statues for comic book characters, and they could have done a better job on the hair sculpt, with more scraggly bits. Very disappointed. Easy pass. Thankfully I have the ArtFigures Searchers/Wayne as my definitive Duke figure.

Back