Is the Sideshow Joe line dead?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All this speculation is getting boring.

I'm leaving this section till my next custom is done or Bludd shows up. :pfft:

Say hi to 'Nam for me and I'll be looking forward to you two coming back because that will mean there are more Sideshow GI Joe figures coming!

Wait wait wait.

when did this happen?

Link to a thread with the info?

Or is this just Hyperbole?

It will be statues so meh.

But if they are figures, I wonder what that will do to all the bootleg customs on here.

No Hot Toys Storm Shadow????

SS got the Walking Dead license

Pre-orders for 2014's two Joe figures coming soon.

Zombie%2BVipers.JPG

and an SDCC Exclusive teaser:

Joecon-HiRes-059_1341010230.jpg

Destro, Tunnel Rat, Scarlett, Cobra Commander with helmet, the list just goes on and on. And I don't see too many of this line not selling out ultimately.

Forgive me for this long winded rant, but it may well be one of my last ones here for a while. The Joe line is dead

I'm throwing in the towel. Never thought I'd be leaving so soon, but I have to remember what brought me here to begin with. These figures brought back good memories and made a nice display and guarded some of my cash for a while better than a lot of investments. The line may indeed be dead, with just a few more releases scheduled sometime down the road in some possible future that I have decided not to wait on.

Yes, you heard me right, this fan is cashing in his chips. My only concern was, if the line IS dead, or will be soon, will that drive the value of the figures up even higher? Or will demand suddenly fade, as fans realize that they will never get their favorites that they had been waiting patiently (or not) for?

It is a calculated risk to stay in the game right now. Our future is uncertain as collectors and more importantly, as a nation. I have come to the conclusion that my funds are needed elsewhere. I am only going to keep my loose vintage stuff, all the newer stuff is going, the 30th Anniversary stuff first to the highest bidder on Evilbay this Sunday. I have a LOT of stuff to move, and it is no small task nor has it been an easy decision. What would drive someone to sell off the things that they derive enjoyment from?

2 things. First, Lasik surgery for my wife and I. The money we'll save on contacts and eye exams will pay for the surgery in a few short years. We have terrible vision and I am afraid that will set us back around $5k. ($1250 per eye)

The other place the money will go, once the costs are absorbed, will be to stacks of silver. I won't bore anyone with reasons other than to say that the last time I bought silver for less than $30, I sold it for nearly $50 within a few months and I believe the time has come to do this again. There is some risk in this move as well, and I may be forced to hold on to my stacks for a long time, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

The years are starting to move faster, and we all need to take a serious inventory of where we are and where we are going from time to time. It is a reality for perhaps most of us that we will never see Social Security. 401K's will evaporate once again. Financial risk is ever present in our unsustainable system, as we dole off a decade here, another decade there, closer to the end of cheap surplus resources, oil and commodities and watch our money lose value as fast as our corrupt system can print it.

The only thing I fear more than the system we are living in, is the reset button. Someday, sometime, it will be easier to abandon the misery that the system creates in favor of the chaos of a new form of currency or government. If you are still with me, check out the 1.5 Quadrillion derivatives bubble, and you will understand my motives. There are no easy answers, just hard choices. Make them today, and you will benifit tomorrow.

Forgive me for this long winded rant, but it may well be one of my last ones here for a while. The Joe line is dead

I'm throwing in the towel. Never thought I'd be leaving so soon, but I have to remember what brought me here to begin with. These figures brought back good memories and made a nice display and guarded some of my cash for a while better than a lot of investments. The line may indeed be dead, with just a few more releases scheduled sometime down the road in some possible future that I have decided not to wait on.

Yes, you heard me right, this fan is cashing in his chips. My only concern was, if the line IS dead, or will be soon, will that drive the value of the figures up even higher? Or will demand suddenly fade, as fans realize that they will never get their favorites that they had been waiting patiently (or not) for?

It is a calculated risk to stay in the game right now. Our future is uncertain as collectors and more importantly, as a nation. I have come to the conclusion that my funds are needed elsewhere. I am only going to keep my loose vintage stuff, all the newer stuff is going, the 30th Anniversary stuff first to the highest bidder on Evilbay this Sunday. I have a LOT of stuff to move, and it is no small task nor has it been an easy decision. What would drive someone to sell off the things that they derive enjoyment from?

2 things. First, Lasik surgery for my wife and I. The money we'll save on contacts and eye exams will pay for the surgery in a few short years. We have terrible vision and I am afraid that will set us back around $5k. ($1250 per eye)

The other place the money will go, once the costs are absorbed, will be to stacks of silver. I won't bore anyone with reasons other than to say that the last time I bought silver for less than $30, I sold it for nearly $50 within a few months and I believe the time has come to do this again. There is some risk in this move as well, and I may be forced to hold on to my stacks for a long time, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

The years are starting to move faster, and we all need to take a serious inventory of where we are and where we are going from time to time. It is a reality for perhaps most of us that we will never see Social Security. 401K's will evaporate once again. Financial risk is ever present in our unsustainable system, as we dole off a decade here, another decade there, closer to the end of cheap surplus resources, oil and commodities and watch our money lose value as fast as our corrupt system can print it.

The only thing I fear more than the system we are living in, is the reset button. Someday, sometime, it will be easier to abandon the misery that the system creates in favor of the chaos of a new form of currency or government. If you are still with me, check out the 1.5 Quadrillion derivatives bubble, and you will understand my motives. There are no easy answers, just hard choices. Make them today, and you will benifit tomorrow.

Just thought i'd share. My uncle had that done a few months back.

He's now blind in one eye, and twice as nearsighted in the other as he was before.

not saying don't do it, Just BE SURE of your practicioner before you do.

And you are correct. we are on the cusp of a Global Economic jubilee.
I'm actualy anxiously awaiting it. only way i'll ever get out from under my student loans in this economy.

I hear ya, Bro.

Good post

It's good to know that some are awake :hi5:

you are smart on the PM purchases...afterall,what you hold is REAL Money and tangible assets VS. Fiat pieces of paper,based on confidence and Debt, created out of thin air backed by NOTHING

Pretty simple.

If SS keeps making then, I'll buy em.

If not, I'll spend money on something else.

I am not quite sure how to interpret this.

But I called Sideshow today and their menu changed. They now have an option that says "For GI Joe, dial "8". But when I dial "8", all I get is a bugle playing "Taps".

I wonder what that means.

:monkey3

Last edited:
Just thought i'd share. My uncle had that done a few months back.

He's now blind in one eye, and twice as nearsighted in the other as he was before.

not saying don't do it, Just BE SURE of your practicioner before you do.

And you are correct. we are on the cusp of a Global Economic jubilee.
I'm actualy anxiously awaiting it. only way i'll ever get out from under my student loans in this economy.

It is a risk, as with all surgery. I am happy to take that risk on my wife first.:wink1:

Good post

It's good to know that some are awake :hi5:

you are smart on the PM purchases...afterall,what you hold is REAL Money and tangible assets VS. Fiat pieces of paper,based on confidence and Debt, created out of thin air backed by NOTHING
Most of my disposable income has also gone to stocking a small general store in my house, a hedge against inflation, and storing away long term food stocks in case the SHTF. It's already been a blessing, and I learned how to make bread to boot!

Pretty simple.

If SS keeps making then, I'll buy em.

If not, I'll spend money on something else.
Nothing wrong with that.
I am not quite sure how to interpret this.

But I called Sideshow today and their menu changed. They now have an option that says "For GI Joe, dial "8". But when I dial "8", all I get is a bugle playing "Taps".

I wonder what that means.

:monkey3

:rotfl
Am I still allowed here if I no longer own any? I can't see breaking the cycle of reading all of the posts here, lots of good people that I can relate to. I may need to keep one after all, just to keep my membership active! That, or I may start a thread with a new persona posting the WORST customs imaginable, seeking praise, to keep everyone on their toes! :rotfl

Sideshow or no Sideshow I'll still be collecting Joes. Could care less if this line dies now, but I sure hope it doesn't. I hate considering buying Hot Toys.

Back