Is the Sideshow Joe line dead?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we (g.i. joe freaks) should start something like set up a Monday-Friday schedule in which we take turns on calling ss and asking them whats going on with the joe line. i know we could come up with 20-40 freaks. lets show them why they call us g.i. joe freaks.

Why would Sideshow need to wind down ARAH when they aren't manufacturing movie related merchandise?

This is just me guessing here:

Movie is coming out and the hype will be surrounded by that so they are letting the Hot Toys Joes take the spotlight. Once the movie hype has settled, they can go back to the ARAH ones. Simply from a marketing perspective it makes sense. Even though they aren't manufacturing the Hot Toys items, having them in their inventory still requires an extensive amount of work and storage. I'm sure this was already planned when the movie was supposed to be out last year and thus caused further delays.

I would expect ARAH pre-orders to start back up mid-late summer with slightly less releases than usual, but then again, I'm just a crazy :peace

we won't see Joe reveals until SDCC,unless the new 1/6 walking Dead figures bump Joe out

This is just me guessing here:

Movie is coming out and the hype will be surrounded by that so they are letting the Hot Toys Joes take the spotlight. Once the movie hype has settled, they can go back to the ARAH ones. Simply from a marketing perspective it makes sense. Even though they aren't manufacturing the Hot Toys items, having them in their inventory still requires an extensive amount of work and storage. I'm sure this was already planned when the movie was supposed to be out last year and thus caused further delays.

I would expect ARAH pre-orders to start back up mid-late summer with slightly less releases than usual, but then again, I'm just a crazy :peace

I like your hypothesis - seems quite reasonable, given the good working relationship between Hot Toys and Sideshow, after all. Why compete? Especially when you're HT's main distributor in North America.

captain_hyperbole.jpg

we won't see Joe reveals until SDCC,unless the new 1/6 walking Dead figures bump Joe out

I wouldn't be surprised if they only do statues for Walking Dead. If you look at what they've been doing in 1/6 over the last couple of years or so, it's been mostly monsters and clones in Star Wars, GI Joe and now DC, stuff that doesn't require the level of realism and paint apps. that HT, Enterbay etc. put into their lines. I think SSC is aware at this point that they can't compete in the current 1/6 market, and I think the masses have made it clear that they're not going to pay $200 for SSC quality 1/6 figures.

I wouldn't be surprised if they only do statues for Walking Dead. If you look at what they've been doing in 1/6 over the last couple of years or so, it's been mostly monsters and clones in Star Wars, GI Joe and now DC, stuff that doesn't require the level of realism and paint apps. that HT, Enterbay etc. put into their lines. I think SSC is aware at this point that they can't compete in the current 1/6 market, and I think the masses have made it clear that they're not going to pay $200 for SSC quality 1/6 figures.

probably true,because Sideshow loves making boring overpriced statues first

BATS and Eels are supposedly on Sideshow's Short list to do

Back