Is the Sideshow Joe line dead?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deczola

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
After a decent schedule of figures this line now looks dead. Very few mentions in the Sideshow newsletters, one pending release, etc.

It seems they killed the momentum they had with the rehash of ninjas and desert cobras along with some very bizarre environments.

Thoughts?

Hell no. We have Storm Shadow on the way.

stormshadow-0418-00.jpg

^ Jacket looks like something Justin Bieber would wear. I guess his haircut doesn't help that comparison, either.

Ah, who am I kidding? I like the look of Retaliation so far. Not enough to plunk down Hot Toys-levels of cash, mind you, but still. :)

Pretty much. As I recall, about 3 years ago, there was a popular argument that the statue lines were killing the figure line somehow. And now of course, it finally paid off. RIP GI Joe line.

They showed Baroness and Major Bludd sketches in the behind the scenes videos last week. They were also at SDCC last year. I think Sideshow's scheduling is just bad. They have so much they are working on. Then other companies probably give them bonuses/breaks to fast forward their stuff.

The line isn't dead....it just moves at snails pace

Sideshow has already said more Joes are coming

besides DC is getting the attention for now...

there is just so many things to do with the joe line they just cant kill it like that.

The line isn't dead....it just moves at snails pace

Sideshow has already said more Joes are coming

besides DC is getting the attention for now...

Not true. If Sideshow was paying any attention to me at all, there would have been about 12 Star Wars and 12 GI Joe POs this past year.:)

Back