INDY IV: Thumbs Up/Down Poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

INDY IV: Thumbs Up or Down?

• Thumbs Up

Votes: 110 71.4%
  • Thumb Down

Votes: 44 28.6%

• Total voters
I'd say the poll is pretty reflective of the general consensus for this movie--- of course critics (and those that find fault) will always be quite loud (just as I am with the horrifically disturbing images coming from the stinking pile that is the G.I.Joe upcoming movie) but I think the majority, Indy fans from way back and those completely new to the character, of movie goers are enjoying the experience.

:gun

My cousin, who is also a really big Indy fan, gives it a thumbs up. She's pretty critical of movies and I was afraid she wouldn't like it.

Thing is, even the majority of professional film critics like the movie and haven't been as harsh as some of the online cynics have.

I saw it yesterday with a theater full of people, and I enjoyed it. We all did. Everyone laughed at the funny parts, and we were thrilled with the great action and special effects. How COULD I give an Indy movie a "thumbs down"? I never will. KOTCS gets a "THUMBS UP" from me! GO SEE IT! :D

I don't usually care if other people dislike something that I like, but the thing that bothered me about a lot of the "haters" was that they were so emphatic about it. It was like they couldn't believe that anyone could possibly like the movie, and anyone who said they did was either an idiot or a self-deluded Indy fan.

I think the poll, the reviews, and the box office take shows that this opinion is actually in the minority. Sure, most of the people voting "thumbs up" (including me) probably thought it had some problems, and may have felt that it was the weakest in the series, but that doesn't make it terrible. To read the impressions of some people on this forum, you'd think it was the worst movie ever created.

i've had time to take it all in from watching it Sunday night and.....Thumbs Up, I enjoyed it.

on a side note i made my fiance watch Raiders before we went to see Indy 4 and she liked Indy 4. well we started watching Temple of Doom tonight as we were eating and we got to the part where they get on the plane in the beginning and she said "this sucks so far"....of course I called her crazy and said give it time but it adds a perspective for me to see that she liked Indy 4 but didn't like the beginning of TOD....especially since the beginning of Indy 4 (SPOILER:... had Indy surviving a nuclear blast in a fridge.)

To read the impressions of some people on this forum, you'd think it was the worst movie ever created.

Thats the major thing that has had me puzzled was some are acting like its the worst thing ever and its just not.

even worse than "Highlander: The Source"....oh wait that never made it to the big screen. H2 Director's Cut made H2 a little better...a little bit.

Back