INDY IV: Thumbs Up/Down Poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

INDY IV: Thumbs Up or Down?

• Thumbs Up

Votes: 110 71.4%
  • Thumb Down

Votes: 44 28.6%

• Total voters

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
Without the need to force people to read through all the spoilers, I would like to run a basic poll asking you to simply give the movie a thumbs up or down.

(Please don't vote until you have seen it and formed an opinion based on a firsthand experience of the film. Thanks!)

I wish there were some in between vote. I enjoyed parts, but had to go thumbs down.

for me it was a rental. not entirely horrible, but there was no middle vote, so i went with what was closer to my opinion of it. DOWN

Yeah, there needs to be a non Black-or-White option.

It's neither great nor terrible. And it could improve or get worse over time with repeated viewings.

It's neither great nor terrible. And it could improve or get worse over time with repeated viewings.

I said that last night and you blasted me for it. :lol

I gave it a tumbs up because there was no middle option.

Thumb's up.

Man, with all the hate in the spoiler thread I'm surprised to see Thumb's up in the lead...so far.

Agree. It didn't flat out suck, but it wasn't very good either. It was just ok. 2.5 stars out of 5.

I would not pay to see it again.

I think Mike French's review on theraider.net sums it up nicely...I agree with most of what he's saying, especially this section comparing ALL the sequels to Raiders:

Most die-hard fans like myself were hoping for another Raiders of the Lost Ark, but this new film has brought me to the realization that Raiders of the Lost Ark is really the black sheep of the series, whereas all three of its sequels reinvented the character in a new direction that focused more on humor and comic book or pulp style action instead of Raiders' gritty realism and dramatic tension. Now, we truly have an “Indiana Jones Trilogy” that just happens to come after a movie called Raiders of the Lost Ark.

https://www.theraider.net/news/fullstory_indy4.php?id=822

Thumbs Up. Seeing it again with my father later this weekend.

After all things considered, it's still a great movie, Indiana Jones legacy be damned.

Back