Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Covid has helped that some I'm sure. But I am not seeing much in Phase 4 that's for sure. Iron Man and Cap were the heavy hitters...
The rest of the superheroes feel pretty lame now. Fairly recently I did something I almost never do, I sold off a few of the MCU Hot Toys I had that aren't Iron Man, Cap, or Thanos. It felt good.

I've been thinking about buying an authentic Indiana Jones hat/fedora for a while now, but I haven't for whatever reason. I always liked his hat from the first film. That hat would go well with some of my other film props. :gun

All this Indiana Jones talk is making me want to buy one. :LOL:

No, I wanted him to use the Force. He is the Grand Master Jedi, you can't even get to him with a lightsaber with his powerful ability to use the Force.

Er, isn't that exactly what we got? He used a Force trick more powerful than anything we'd ever seen before.

I'm still skeptical about Threepio's sensors not being able to tell something was amiss - maybe that's why the wink.

You had me at this.

I don't agree about modernizing Indy.... just as I wouldn't put Bond back in the 30's. The whole Indy outfit is a thing of the 30's. You can't remove Indy from his time. I don't see the loss of interest because of a time period. Its just that the movies have not explored that time very well beyond the overuse of Nazis and too many jungles and deserts. Indy needs to spend more time in the snow, on and under the sea, dark forests... there's tons of places to have adventures. And a lot more cultures across the globe to explore. Genuine American gangsters, Chinese, Italian and Japanese enemies, and megalomaniac industrialists could all make great villains.
Agreed. Get him out and about exploring. The big exploration on now is underwater, but that isn't too exciting. I guess a Bond villain did have an underwater facility...
The rest of the superheroes feel pretty lame now. Fairly recently I did something I almost never do, I sold off a few of the MCU Hot Toys I had that aren't Iron Man, Cap, or Thanos. It felt good.
I stuck to my guns with just one of each hero, except for Cap. Considering slimming him down some and just sold my TFA one.
:D

TurdFurguson: The MCU Purge has begun.
FB has a good amount of people clearing house, lots of SW included though. In the moment is a powerful thing.
Er, isn't that exactly what we got? He used a Force trick more powerful than anything we'd ever seen before.

I'm still skeptical about Threepio's sensors not being able to tell something was amiss - maybe that's why the wink.
Yeah, way to overcompensate and make it dumb. Never watched RoS, but seen the fleet battle at the end on YT. Let's just put 5K ships on screen cause that's cool. I wanted to see Force Push, Crush, Pull. He would be the immoveable object. But also he wouldn't let some punk destroy his Jedi Academy. Damn that ST was garbage (n)

:D

TurdFurguson: The MCU Purge has begun.

It has. I'm down to Iron Mans, Cap, a couple of my favorite villains, a couple Guardians, and a small team from Shield. I have even been staring at Yondu considering what was once simply out of the question...

People may want Deadpool to come in and kill the MCU but it seems Feige is already doing it himself.
Overreact much?? There have been ZERO MCU movies released since SMFFH and you're ready to bury it. One Disney+ misstep (with a 89% score on RT) in the midst a worldwide pandemic and all of a sudden Feige doesn't know what he's doing? Spare me.

Overreact much?? There have been ZERO MCU movies released since SMFFH and you're ready to bury it. One Disney+ misstep (with a 89% score on RT) in the midst a worldwide pandemic and all of a sudden Feige doesn't know what he's doing? Spare me.
WandaVision - Terrible
Falcon & Winter Soldier - Crap
Loki - first episode didn’t grab me, probably also gonna be crap
Black Widow - Don’t give ****
Eternals - Also don’t give a ****

3PO's sensors never detected life forms, he only reported what R2 detected.

WandaVision - Terrible
Falcon & Winter Soldier - Crap
Loki - first episode didn’t grab me, probably also gonna be crap
Black Widow - Don’t give ****
Eternals - Also don’t give a ****
In your opinion. IMO:

WandaVision - Good
F&TWS - Fair
Loki - TBD, potentially excellent based on setup in first episode
Black Widow - A thank you gift for ScarJo & not really part of Phase 4, so doesn't really matter
Eternals - TBD, may surprise like GoTG did
Shang-Chi - Looks like fun.

In your opinion. IMO:

WandaVision - Good
F&TWS - Fair
Loki - TBD, potentially excellent based on setup in first episode
Black Widow - A thank you gift for ScarJo & not really part of Phase 4, so doesn't really matter
Eternals - TBD, may surprise like GoTG did
Shang-Chi - Looks like fun.
Obviously in my opinion, don’t think we need to state that after every single sentence.

I’d say WandaVision is one of the worst shows I’ve ever watched.

Falcon was just too heavy handed on the politics and I can’t take a normal human being seriously as Captain America, especially when he’s getting his ass handed to him by a teenage super soldier.

Black Widow should have been made years ago when the character was alive. Now I couldn’t care less.

i doubt it, Eternals clearly wont have the same charm as Guardians. It looks visually stunning but a bit boring from what we’ve seen.

I forgot Shang Chi existed, make of that what you will.

Endgame was exactly what the title says b

Obviously in my opinion, don’t think we need to state that after every single sentence.

I’d say WandaVision is one of the worst shows I’ve ever watched.

Falcon was just too heavy handed on the politics and I can’t take a normal human being seriously as Captain America, especially when he’s getting his ass handed to him by a teenage super soldier.

Black Widow should have been made years ago when the character was alive. Now I couldn’t care less.

i doubt it, Eternals clearly wont have the same charm as Guardians. It looks visually stunning but a bit boring from what we’ve seen.

I forgot Shang Chi existed, make of that what you will.

Endgame was exactly what the title says b
Given that you already hate these shows/movies, is it too much to ask that you (a) don't watch them and (b) refrain from sharing your opinions of them? :wink1:

Given that you already hate these shows/movies, is it too much to ask that you (a) don't watch them and (b) refrain from sharing your opinions of them? :wink1:
Yep, that is indeed too much to ask. Already spent 13 years of my life watching the MCU, may as well continue. And I’m not going to censor myself just because a stranger on the internet doesn’t like hearing opposing opinions :wink1:

Back