Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol

I'm cool with that. As I'm cool with anyone preferring ANH, T1, Alien etc when the more obvious choices are TLJ, Genisys and Alien Resurrection respectively

Just remember that Raiders it’s considered a perfect film and then the quality begins decreasing immediately with the subsequent sequels getting worse as they go along so in other words:

Raiders: Great (Perfect really)
TOD: Good
TLC: Fair
KOTCS: Bad

5 will probably end being OK lol

Just remember that Raiders it’s considered a perfect film and then the quality begins decreasing immediately with the subsequent sequels getting worse as they go along so in other words:

Raiders: Great (Perfect really)
TOD: Good
TLC: Fair
KOTCS: Bad

5 will probably end being OK lol

So the same as the Terminator franchise?

Probably time for me to finally watch these movies.

UOMOney.jpg

I will never understand the hate TLC gets, It?s right up there with Rotla to me. Way better than TOD.

TOD was terrible, horrible effects , even at that time, totally BS action, (the boat parachute is as stupid as the fridge). Annoying sidekicks.....what is it about that film people enjoy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TOD death cult stuff in the caves drags the movie down to a crawl for me super boring but Indy is awesome in it.

TLC has some decent action moments but overall feels cheap especially that ending and don’t get me started on his origin story yikes

I’ve actually grown to finally accept TLC and find some enjoyment out of it because opening night at the theater I was like holy crap this sucks lol

It felt like a cheap imitation of Raiders.

It felt like a cheap imitation of Raiders.

It was. And it wanted to be.

The only new gag they had was Connery. A good one... but the only bit worth watching, and he got a little silly after a while.

*cue cawing at seagulls with umbrella*

Crystal Skull shouldn't even be discussed in an Indy thread. Its like Alien Resurrection. Just a strange abomination that demonstrates what happens when a studio wants money fast (or in Indy's case, George, Steven and Harrison).

TOD death cult stuff in the caves drags the movie down to a crawl for me super boring but Indy is awesome in it.

TLC has some decent action moments but overall feels cheap especially that ending and don?t get me started on his origin story yikes

Spielberg's annoying wife ruins TOD for me. She might be more annoying than Vicky Vale in Batman. Having said that, the opening, the *now* racist dinner scene, and third act are cool.

TLC, I like the flashback in the beginning only because it acknowledges that the concept of Indy is a ripoff, so Indy stealing some dude's image and persona works for me. Then, the movie slows down too much and Indy is walking around in a suit, later wearing a tie, exchanging jokes with his dad in what should be dangerous situations, and the whole ending with the old guys and the cup is kind of lame. :lol I can see why it took 20 years to make another one.

Back