Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Han & Indy are perfectly interchangeable!

View attachment 614061
They missed the opportunity for Indiana Jones and the Mystery of the Sasquatch: ....miscalculating a light-speed jump, a time/dimension displaced Chewie has secretly been living on Earth for decades, Jones tracks him down, and is like - oh, hey buddy.
754ytv.gif
6j27r6.gif

Cut to their on going team-up adventures, and a bunch of Nazis with their arms pulled out of their sockets.

Also: :wink1:
dsc_0042-jpg.501903

Love those dynamic shots. Can almost picture the next scene, as the arm is pulled off and smoke and sparks fly!
60mmpc.gif

Don't know if Supermad will ever make a 1/6 Bionic Bigfoot, to go with this figure.

However Chewie in your shots is ironically a fitting stand-in for Bionic Bigfoot.
As back in 1977 before Chewie hit the shelves his original 3.75" line prototype stand-in was a mock-up Bionic Bigfoot figure.
(from the Six Million Dollar Man Dual Launch Drag Set (how that even made sense is a 70s toy thing, but it did!).
5rnacu.gif

Bionic Bigfoot^
First Chewie prototype
5rna9g.gif

And his 12" scale (actually 15") figure "Space Wookie"! mock up for the Kenner 1978 Catalog, was again a re-purposed and painted stand-in Bionic Bigfoot.

5rnaly.gif

5rnaog.gif

So first Bionic Bigfoot stood in for Chewie, now you have Chewie stand in for Bionic Bigfoot-
- The circle is now complete! :wink1:

Everyone cites Joseph Campbell, Frank Herbert, Flash Gordon, Kurosawa, etc. yet Lucas like everyone else on Feb 1, 1976 was clearly watching the zeitgeist altering event that was Six Million Dollar Man meets Space Bigfoot!
6j275d.gif

6j28ia.gif
6j27r6.gif

6ncswa.jpg

One became Indiana Jones the other Chewbacca.:sneaky: Even referenced an arm pulled out of it's socket.:p
60mmpc.gif
6j3wl1.gif

The Bigfoot episodes, gave us some of the most funbelievable lines of dialog, set-ups and plot ever written in fiction.:lol
Steve Austin tries to explain what is going on to Oscar and Ruddy as Jamie Sommers bionic-listens outside...

OSCAR GOLDMAN: Are you going to tell us what happened Steve, we're trying to help.
Col. STEVE AUSTIN: I promised to keep it a secret.
Dr, RUDY WELLS: Anything you say, stays with us.
OSCAR: Trust us.
STEVE: You're not gonna believe it. ...In the California mountains, there's a colony of aliens. Explorers from deep space.
OSCAR: Space people? ...In the mountains? ...Where?
STEVE: I don't know exactly. They've been here for 250 years. They can move forward through time in the blink of an eye.
They gave me some of their wonder drug, it could cure most all diseases and help heal injuries in no time.
...They also control the Sasquatch.
OSCAR: Bigfoot!?
STEVE: That's right, but a group of Rebels broke away from the main complex, and they took the Sasquatch with them. They've been using Bigfoot to steal these materials to create some sort of magnetic force field around their new base, to make it invulnerable. ..... I told you you wouldn't believe it.
Remember last year, that day I disappeared in the mountains, Bigfoot took me to their secret complex. I meat these people, I talked to them,
OSCAR: Well why didn't you tell me about it then Steve?
STEVE: Because they erased my memory. I know it all sounds crazy, ...but it's true!

What a set up! You can't make this stuff up, ...oh wait, they did!
And my 10yo brain was riveted :D

Last edited:
I don't know what questions you say I haven't answered - the thing about maybe going to the store? "maybe" has all kinds of shades ("Maybe I'm going to smack you in the face" means you're going to get hit, "Maaybe I bought you something nice" means you got a nice gift etc.) and going to the store and planning to spend millions on filming are night and day different in complexity.

I've been pretty in the middle on this, just trying to take what was obvious from Mr Williams' words (there were a half dozen news stories from comingsoon etc that said much the same thing,) but you are belligerent on this "maybe" idea... that we both agree on!

All I said was that, absent some dementia on Mr. Williams' part, there was clearly some kind of producer/studio discussion about a new ending Mr Williams was made aware of (possibly with "maybes" involved, and yes it may ultimately lead nowhere) otherwise he wouldn't have even mentioned it.

But you seem angered by that basic conclusion, and I apologize for that. This back and forth is boring for everyone, so I'll just let this go. I am new here and this has been lesson learned.
Lol

I’m angry? You are the one who engaged me and cant’t get around the obvious fact that you clearly fail to understand a simple word.

Even in your example. If someone says maybe I’m going to smack you in the face, that absolutely does not mean someone is getting hit. It’s a threat that if someone doesn’t settle down they “might” get hit. You are trying to turn it into a definitive again and that is not what the word is at all.

Your second example is used generally in a playful way as a tease. Which is not what JW was doing that point is clear from his tone and how he presented what he said.

Your half dozen news stories were all click bait designed to get people to read the article. They all ran off the same story, and they don’t care if their story is right or wrong, they just want your clicks. That’s how those “news”websites work. Just look at how they all ran the “rumor” of IJ being replaced, when it’s source was just some YouTuber who is more wrong then right, and the director had to tweet that it’s not true.

And now we see you backpeddling. You came into this discussion saying the reshoots were definitely a sure thing and definitely happening. You were not middle of the road otherwise this discussion would have been over a long time ago.

Last edited:
Like alot of films going to really great or quite bad. Looks bad from what we have seen but trailers aren't everything. Think they are showing as little as possible at this point.

There's a reason I have that guy on "ignore"...

The director might deny it all on Twitter but I find it hard to dismiss John Williams' comments. It wouldn't be the first time someone involved in a movie told little white lies.
The director seems to be on damage control.
I wouldn’t say people hearing John Williams' words and concluding that they're filming a new ending are "trolls" but this has all struck a nerve with the director and generated the now often used toxic fans/trolls defense screen.

These angry director twitter rants put me off altogether.

It's as simple as; shut the **** up and let your actions speak louder than your emotional idiocy.

If the movie is good, it will do its job.

Has anyone ever seen Joseph Kosinski sprouting off like a clown on social media? (Legit question).

It's as simple as; shut the **** up and let your actions speak louder than your emotional idiocy.

If the movie is good, it will do its job.

Has anyone ever seen Joseph Kosinski sprouting off like a clown on social media? (Legit question).
Let's see before James Mangold lashed out at fans we saw similar behavior from Paul Feig, Rian Johnson and Tim Miller. Yeah I'm sure "Dial of Destiny" is going to be great. :lol

Let's see before James Mangold lashed out at fans we saw similar behavior from Paul Feig, Rian Johnson and Tim Miller. Yeah I'm sure "Dial of Destiny" is going to be great. :lol

Yup. Stellar behavior.

I was REALLY disappointed at the end of Game of Thrones, but I can't hold any ill will toward those two show runners because they came out and owned it; saying they know they stuffed up, they were off book, tired, and out of their league.

Clown-shoe Johnson STILL carries on like a knob. He did a "breakdown of his career" only a few days ago and showed in blinding fashion how little he understands the magic of SW (and also contradicted himself about it). Imbecile.

The breakdowns of careers used to be interesting when it was actors or directors with 20+ years of work who have won awards, are incredibly well respected and have seen big changes in the industry over their time. Now anyone who's done 5 years of work gets one because they ran out of those actual interesting filmmakers and performers.

I respect Mangold a lot. Logan is my favourite movie based on a comic book ever...but this isn't a great look at all. It's just pointless bickering, let the people argue and let the movie do the talking.

Last edited:
I don't get why people think it's a bad look for Mangold to address "fans" directly to stand up for his film and the integrity of his work. People claim to love accessible celebrities and creators, but as soon as those people start defending themselves, everyone calls them "unhinged" or "unprofessional." There's nothing unhinged or unprofessional about getting fed up with people trying to make a mockery of something he's worked on for years and no doubt *trying* to do justice with. He's a fan too.

Filmmakers spend long days and some sleepless nights working on their films, and therefore feel a personal investment. None of them take on a franchise project with the goal of making it crappy or "ruining" it. I imagine it gets frustrating to have to sit back and watch people tear it apart, especially when they haven't seen it, and when clickbait YouTubers are profiting from peddling false "leaks" while getting tons of true suckers to watch their videos. IMO, YouTubers are some of the greasiest filth I've ever seen, diminishing what used to be a fun culture of watching and discussing movies.

I didn't give much of a crap about Indy 5 after the previous entry, although Mangold had me a bit intrigued because I think most of his movies are terrific, but now I'm rooting for it in a major way. I'm all for creators putting people in their place. Good for them! Opinions and baseless rumors are fine (and can be part of the fun), but it makes no sense to me for those to be considered untouchable expressions. Free speech goes both ways. The view of "the customer is always right" is only a profit-driven one, not one of any actual virtue embedded into it. Fans aren't special, and their opinions don't need to be respected all the time.

Just my two cents. Now fully hoping Mangold makes this movie the second best in the franchise, despite the fact that every sequel will always be an increasingly redundant spin on the same premise and framework established in Raiders.

I don't get why people think it's a bad look for Mangold to address "fans" directly to stand up for his film and the integrity of his work. People claim to love accessible celebrities and creators, but as soon as those people start defending themselves, everyone calls them "unhinged" or "unprofessional." There's nothing unhinged or unprofessional about getting fed up with people trying to make a mockery of something he's worked on for years and no doubt *trying* to do justice with. He's a fan too.

Filmmakers spend long days and some sleepless nights working on their films, and therefore feel a personal investment. None of them take on a franchise project with the goal of making it crappy or "ruining" it. I imagine it gets frustrating to have to sit back and watch people tear it apart, especially when they haven't seen it, and when clickbait YouTubers are profiting from peddling false "leaks" while getting tons of true suckers to watch their videos. IMO, YouTubers are some of the greasiest filth I've ever seen, diminishing what used to be a fun culture of watching and discussing movies.

I didn't give much of a crap about Indy 5 after the previous entry, although Mangold had me a bit intrigued because I think most of his movies are terrific, but now I'm rooting for it in a major way. I'm all for creators putting people in their place. Good for them! Opinions and baseless rumors are fine (and can be part of the fun), but it makes no sense to me for those to be considered untouchable expressions. Free speech goes both ways. The view of "the customer is always right" is only a profit-driven one, not one of any actual virtue embedded into it. Fans aren't special, and their opinions don't need to be respected all the time.

Just my two cents. Now fully hoping Mangold makes this movie the second best in the franchise, despite the fact that every sequel will always be an increasingly redundant spin on the same premise and framework established in Raiders.

So you like Rian Johnson "putting people in their place?" Or how about Tim Miller? Both end up looking like fools because their films were awful. And if Indy 5 is bad - so will Mangold. People's digital idiocy lives forever.

As the old saying goes, with great power comes great responsibility. There is zero professionalism in someone in that position of power and influence having a schoolyard spat with some random they don't know on social media because they feel the need to "defend themselves." Only emotionally immature people with fragile egos conduct themselves in such manner. The work will defend them - if it's worthy.

And surely someone of that level has better things to be doing with their time. What does this achieve? Do they feel a win? Does it fill that void inside them that makes them feel so precious about someone else's ill-informed opinion?

And in your opinion that's it - the random is ill-informed - so Mangold should laugh and ignore it, knowing that his "masterpiece" will put all the naysayers in their place when it's released.

He's a nearly 60 year old man... where's the wisdom and maturity in his retaliatory actions?

Lead by example...

Re filmmaker and actor opinions and comments I long ago dropped any kind of investigation into their private lives, junket interviews, tweets etc. Has zero value and I just stick to the movies themselves. That way I can be excited for Glass Onion tonight and Indy 5 next year and not have all the baggage referred to above. Reading these posts is like water off a ducks back.

Regarding directors, actors and the like, I learned a long time ago that it is a business of egos... and there seems to be nothing more fragile than that. I'm all for someone defending themselves but I do not agree if they are defending something because its part of their paycheck. I don't know what Mangold is defending honestly, seems like a wasted tweet... but then most tweets are. But I do agree that punching back can backfire if the thing you're defending is bad/wrong/illegal.

Look at Gunn. He was completely ostracised. And now look where he is. Tomorrow he could be back at Troma (if it still exists).

Hollywood is a mess. I truly think its days are numbered. VR and games and immersive worlds are the future of entertainment.

If Ghostbusters was made today, Egon would say "Film is dead."
I’m meeting a friend for coffee on Christmas Eve to have a debate over this exact thing. I’m pro film is dead and he is con.

Film is too passive for the youngsters of today. They can’t watch 10 minutes of a film at the cinema without pulling their phones out.

I’m meeting a friend for coffee on Christmas Eve to have a debate over this exact thing. I’m pro film is dead and he is con.

Film is too passive for the youngsters of today. They can’t watch 10 minutes of a film at the cinema without pulling their phones out.

This just means we're grumpy old men - like to two Muppets that sit up in the balcony complaining about everything! :ROFLMAO:

Back