Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HF was a good actor. Fugitive ofcourse but I really admired his performance in ‘witness’ it had plenty of depth and was believable. Jack Ryan in patriot games and CaPD also stand out to me, but there are plenty of his films that are ordinary performances imo

Standout work aside from the genre stuff would be The Fugitive, Jack Ryan movies and What Lies Beneath for me.

He was especially great in Clear and Present Danger. His two films and Alec Baldwin in Hunt for Red October are so well made and rewatchable.

Oh no, don't believe those silly lies. We had no test screenings. Indy isn't dying and being replaced etc etc. Hater click bait. All lies blah blah

Shortly after...

Ending is being refilmed as confirmed by Johh Williams. This just happens to be following backlash from the rumours.

Yeah. All a coincidence I'm sure.

At this point I don't care what they do with this movie, I've lost all interest.

HF was a good actor. Fugitive ofcourse but I really admired his performance in ‘witness’ it had plenty of depth and was believable. Jack Ryan in patriot games and CaPD also stand out to me, but there are plenty of his films that are ordinary performances imo
Ford is one of those very few actors that has the X factor. Even if the movie ain't that great, you still want to watch him.
Six days, Seven nights is an example. Not the greatest of movies, but Ford's preformance and comic timing is perfection.

There’s only a few actors I will watch them in most things.

Christian Bale, Oscar Isaac, Jon Bernthal, Stellan Skarsgard, Ben Mendelsohn, and the GOAT Mads Mikkelsen.

How dare anyone say HF isn’t a great actor!

His counterintuitive avant-garde approach to mimicking Han Solo in ROTJ should’ve earned him an oscar!

INDIANA JONES AND THE DIAL OF DESTINY Composer Says Upcoming Reshoots Will Change The Movie's Ending

Well, it looks like the ending is being reshot. So evidently somebody didn’t like the ending. You can’t say everything is all well and good. Pick up shots are normal. Reshooting the ending?
Composer Says Upcoming Reshoots Will Change The Movie's Ending
Yeah he never actually said that,
Here's Williams actual quote, without clickbait titles.

"So we have just about completed the film," Williams started. "We have maybe another ending to shoot and to record, maybe in a couple [of] weeks."

From his words, he doesn't know for sure if the ending is changing, maybe isn't a definitive it's going to happen word. Nothing in there saying it is "completely changing the story." For all we know it might be reshot to fix pacing of camera issues.
True click-bait headline the usual tools gobble up and spread.
The way there are multiple flash-backs, as per the theme of the title and implied Mcguffin, there may be multiple flash-forwards.
IE: "Dial" could show several "Destinies" options, none of which he takes; yet they are likely shooting various, yet not changing the ending.
A great underlying part of these films (also what he learned from his father) has always been about hunting for, yet in the end about letting these supernatural "prizes" go. Point being no choice is pre-destined, you make/define your destiny/adventure as you go. Which seems fitting for Jones.

Last edited:
Ford is equally great when he plays completely against his persona like in The Mosquito Coast or Presumed Innocent. But I will admit he has coasted for awhile now I haven’t seen everything he’s done but the last great performance he gave in a great film is probably The Fugitive for me.

Ford is one of those very few actors that has the X factor. Even if the movie ain't that great, you still want to watch him.
Six days, Seven nights is an example. Not the greatest of movies, but Ford's preformance and comic timing is perfection.

JJ Abrams thought that he could have his version of "The Devil Wears Prada" with Harrison Ford and Rachel McAdams.

The main problem of course is that Meryl Streep is good at acting and Ford is good at being a passable "movie star"

My viewpoint is Ford hasn't "carried" a film on his own star power, removing real franchises that are almost guaranteed to carry legacy fans and big box office numbers, since Air Force One in the late 90s.

Tom Cruise has remained A List for so long because he's a big movie star comfortable with being a big movie star. He's not trying to be Daniel Day Lewis. He's not trying to star in the next Gone With The Wind. Air Force One is a film built as a vehicle for a "movie star" Just about any movie star could have played it.

K19? Hollywood Homicide? Firewall? Crossing Over? Extraordinary Measures?

Ford isn't the only one. Bruce Willis, Will Smith, Sly Stallone and others have gone down this path. Resentful that they weren't generally respected as pure acting talents, and picking bad roles to try to prove everyone wrong.

I want a good Indy film for the fans who love the IP and the franchise. I want him to do more for those fans, including the fans here, than he did for his last Star Wars appearance, where he truly and deeply mailed it in, letting his resentment bubble over everything. But after that, I'd be OK with him disappearing.

I want this final Indy film to be something that respects and honors the loyalty of the true and hard core fans here. I don't want Ford to mail it in again because he's angry about how little the Indy character and story means to him besides a paycheck, I'd like him to put out the effort to honor what the Indy legacy means to countless fans out there. I can abide a bad actor, I can't abide the selfishness. In my book, it's like stealing from all of you here.

He's still one of the most successful actors of all time. He does look a little under the weather in the recent round of interviews for Yellowstone 1923 though. The fact that he's still working though is admirable, phoning it in or not.

It all brings up the JW quote. Which is my point and why I asked if you had any actual proof or just more JW posts. Didn't realize you needed it spelled out to you.

Wow, google is your friend.

I think the reshoots are for whether Indy dies or lives. Perhaps they think the deep fakes are good enough now that they think killing the character off is a bad decision. Redoing the ending does not mean that the movie is bad. If the movies was awful, they would reshoot the whole thing. Honestly IMHO, I think they are trying to decide what is best for the legacy of the character since I believe the new series is going to be deep fake Indy. Face it, Andor is AMAZING! Hopefully they continue that streak!

Last edited:
Test audiences have also spoken I'm certain.
You could be right or they feel the technology is so good that they can carry a series. I guess we will find out soon enough. It is late for a reshoot considering the film wrapped a long time ago. I am quaking in my Alden’s!!

Wow, google is your friend.

I think the reshoots are for whether Indy dies or lives. Perhaps they think the deep fakes are good enough now that they think killing the character off is a bad decision. Redoing the ending does not mean that the movie is bad. If the movies was awful, they would reshoot the whole thing. Honestly IMHO, I think they are trying to decide what is best for the legacy of the character since I believe the new series is going to be deep fake Indy. Face it, Andor is AMAZING! Hopefully they continue that streak!

:ROFLMAO: You literally posted the video of the quote I posted, where he says “maybe” another ending to shoot. Apparently Google isn’t your friend if that’s all you can find.
3705EAFD-8F2E-4215-80FD-41A19EABB725.jpeg

Wow, "another ending to shoot" being mentioned by a senior IJ5 crew member just six months before the movie's release date (and he says in mid-Dec "to shoot" not "has been shot" so this reshoot is happening in Jan/Feb 2023) is somewhat concerning! Especially because the movie wrapped a year ago.
He said maybe another ending to shoot. There’s no definitive proof one way or another.

Back