Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moore didn’t want to do ‘A view’ after octopussy he believed his bond days were over. They pursauded him to do one more, just like Connery and Craig. It’s definitely his weakest. As previously mentioned by others, Spy and then FYEO in my opinion are his best outings as 007.
I too have my favorites among those movies but my personal ranking between them has changed quite a bit, back AND forth, over the years and probably will continue to do so. Who knows, after yet another decade of "modern", watered down entertainment maybe even the weaker installments will get "Moore appreciation" 😉

^^^Yes, that was quite the mic drop!

I just re-watched this trailer. I'm sorry. This just looks boring. I just get the vibe that "Benny Hill" music could be slipped in for old man Indy's action scenes and it would sound completely appropriate. Like the SW sequel trilogy, you can see the strain. This is giving me real "Kenobi" vibes and that's NOT a good thing.

Pretty sure the Captain Haddok Captain Banderas character, takes them on a diving expedition.

FCe7EfEWYAENpGr.jpg

FCTtqlpXIAItDzR

FCTtqlqWQAEk6-U

No old style diving bells though, that might have been dated by then.

https://www.superherohype.com/movie...-new-info-about-his-indiana-jones-5-characterFor anyone (me) hoping for a more similarly swashbucklery role, not allot there, pretty much...

Although figured ...
73vz4i.gif

In case you blinked and missed him in the trailer, first on screen look at his charter, not much ... :wink1:

Last edited:
The next six months waiting for this is gonna be hard. Everything’s crossed that it won’t tank. But I won’t hold my breath and pass out either!

Likely the best part of this movie is the time before it opens -- the hype, the possibility, all the fun before we witness what might very well be a train-wreck of a farewell to a beloved icon.

I look forward to the toys and dolls.

INDIANA JONES AND THE DIAL OF DESTINY Composer Says Upcoming Reshoots Will Change The Movie's Ending

Well, it looks like the ending is being reshot. So evidently somebody didn’t like the ending. You can’t say everything is all well and good. Pick up shots are normal. Reshooting the ending?

Here's Williams actual quote, without clickbait titles.

"So we have just about completed the film," Williams started. "We have maybe another ending to shoot and to record, maybe in a couple [of] weeks."

From his words, he doesn't know for sure if the ending is changing, maybe isn't a definitive it's going to happen word. Nothing in there saying it is "completely changing the story." For all we know it might be reshot to fix pacing of camera issues.

Here's Williams actual quote, without clickbait titles.

"So we have just about completed the film," Williams started. "We have maybe another ending to shoot and to record, maybe in a couple [of] weeks."

From his words, he doesn't know for sure if the ending is changing, maybe isn't a definitive it's going to happen word. Nothing in there saying it is "completely changing the story." For all we know it might be reshot to fix pacing of camera issues.
Dude, the ending changing. Whether or not it how different from the original is the really the question. The only thing you can guess if they are going to reshoot the ending, that can only improve the film. Could be a step in the right direction. But it is clear that somebody wasn’t happy with ending. Here is to hoping that the reshoots improve the film. It can’t get much worse than the Crystal Skull. Williams was obviously being diplomatic. It can really only be a positive for the film.

Dude, the ending changing. Whether or not it how different from the original is the really the question. The only thing you can guess if they are going to reshoot the ending, that can only improve the film. Could be a step in the right direction. But it is clear that somebody wasn’t happy with ending. Here is to hoping that the reshoots improve the film. It can’t get much worse than the Crystal Skull. Williams was obviously being diplomatic.

Proof of that statement? Cause Willaim's quote isn't going to cut it.

Proof of that statement? Cause Willaim's quote isn't going to cut it.
What do you want me to find the audio from the concert in Italy? Dude, you can daft if you want. Really don’t care what you think. Next thing you will be like….you don’t have all the John wick guns, etc. Sorry the Rings of Power sucked dude and didn’t follow the books.

What do you want me to find the audio from the concert in Italy? Dude, you can daft if you want. Really don’t care what you think. Next thing you will be like….you don’t have all the John wick guns, etc. Sorry the Rings of Power sucked dude and didn’t follow the books.
LOL

Ask for proof, you have none. You deflect into opinion based attacks, and say you don't care what I think, but you posted a reply to me twice so that shows some sort of motivation on your part. Typical.

I'm asking for a link showing that they are changing the ending beyond, a "maybe reshooting the ending" that the JW quote is.

LOL

Ask for proof, you have none. You deflect into opinion based attacks, and say you don't care what I think, but you posted a reply to me twice so that shows some sort of motivation on your part. Typical.

I'm asking for a link showing that they are changing the ending beyond, a "maybe reshooting the ending" that the JW quote is.
You can google. Search. I am sure you can spell.

You can google. Search. I am sure you can spell.
It all brings up the JW quote. Which is my point and why I asked if you had any actual proof or just more JW posts. Didn't realize you needed it spelled out to you.

Dude, the ending changing. Whether or not it how different from the original is the really the question. The only thing you can guess if they are going to reshoot the ending, that can only improve the film. Could be a step in the right direction. But it is clear that somebody wasn’t happy with ending. Here is to hoping that the reshoots improve the film. It can’t get much worse than the Crystal Skull. Williams was obviously being diplomatic. It can really only be a positive for the film.

One marketing consideration in keeping Indy alive versus dead (if that's part of the ending change) is that Harrison Ford is doing a Yellowstone prequel TV series with Taylor Sheridan. If Ford is open to doing an Indy prestige TV series ( Think more like BBC and Luther or Sherlock, versus traditional network TV like The Office) , that opens up the entire "franchise" on the small screen. Off shoots, spin offs, Young Indy, etc, etc.

For better or worse, the current entertainment industry is all about building universes and franchises. I mean Ford has to be looking at Kevin Costner and seeing what Yellowstone has done for his image, bank account and future opportunities.

It may or may not be a positive in the end, the only thing I can be certain of is that it's geared towards whatever makes the most money or the most perceived money long term.

I actually don't like Harrison Ford anymore. Tired of him mailing it in. However I would like to see the Indy series go out on a high note for all the loyal fans.

If the torch gets passed to Phoebe Waller Bridge, I'd give her future version a chance. If only because so unlike other situations like this, PBW has actually had her own self created success with creating a show. The real problems emerge when things go woke for the sake of woke, and not having some elements of woke with accomplished. Avatar 2 is like that. Some might not like Cameron's themes in the sequel, his own personal axes to grind and his own not so silent social commentary in the script, but he's actually a proven director and a proven industry success. It's not like Rings Of Power where the keys were given to a couple of randoms.

Harrison Ford in an Indy tv series, a limited version, might be interesting. I don't think there's much more room to take the character, but maybe TV is a better send off for him.

I don't think I've liked Harrison Ford since The Fugitive. I can accept he's just not a great actor ( but a pretty decent movie star) but I can't abide by the irritated entitled angry tone he takes that bleeds into his films, like he's doing everyone a favor by cashing checks worth millions of dollars to show up and pretend to be someone else. He just strikes me as someone, if he wasn't famous, would have already been killed in a bar fight that he started on his own.

Back