Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True true.

No one is perfect lol
Mr Williams may be getting elderly but either he's having a total senior moment in front of thousands of people (more than possible!!) and has conjured "another ending" from his imagination, or there is indeed "another ending" that is being planned by the producers.

Given what he said (and he didn't have to say anything at all!) I have no doubt Mr Williams has recently been told by the producers to plan more music for some new ending material, and perhaps not go on holiday - haha.

I'm not sure why this point appears to be so hotly argued on here - this is not the first picture to get a new ending, though this late is quite interesting!
For me it’s because he specifically said “maybe”.

Everyone glosses over that word like it’s a definitive word, that he said they are in fact reshooting.

That’s not what he said AT ALL. He said they might/could be/possibly are doing reshoots.

Thus we don’t know for sure what they are shooting or why. To just assume what he says means they definitely doing reshoots just seems to be confirmation bias to me, and basically clickbait/fake news.

People can believe what they want, but the man did not say they are doing reshoots. He basically said they are possibly reshooting the ending.

Maybe... this movie will be good.
Thats a good use of maybe, because no one knows cause the movie isn't out yet. Which is my point exactly on the word maybe.

Everyone is so quick to be Chicken Little yelling about a movie/TV show failing and jumping at clickbait out of context statements as proof, when in fact no one knows if it will be good or not.

Anyone remember all the bashing Andor took before it came out? Everyone was swearing it was going to be another big Disney SW failure. Now most of you are singing its praises. Seeing a similar effect with Avatar2. Maverick is another one that people here were crowing about going to be horrible or was ruined by them adding a female pilot or casting certain actors, but now it's pretty much universally praised.

Since Wor-Gar is our resident diehard Indy fan I think I'll hold off on watching Indy 5 until after he gets back from the opening night midnight IMAX showing and gives his review.

I can pretty much guarantee I will not see this opening night nor at IMAX though. :lol

I hope to go to a screening.

Yep, the obligatory quiet piano notes. And did you like the way they replaced John Williams Indy theme with carhorns?
Oh man they kind of did didn't they, lol. And for that scene where he rears the horse up on its hind legs they did an absolutely terrible job of pasting Ford's head onto the cartoon stuntman and it's facing a super weird angle compared to the body.

Why would Mr Williams have mentioned a reshoot - at all - if he hadn't been told by producers one was about to happen? Do you think he's mistaken?

He didn't have to say anything about it at all, but he did. He only said a couple of short sentences about IJ5, and it was largely focused on a reshoot and his work in relation to that. This is not some misunderstanding on Mr. William's part as you seem to be inferring.

And if producers went to the trouble to tell the composer about a reshoot, then my guess is it is more in the direction of happening than not.
Sigh.

I wouldn't know why he mentioned it, and neither does anyone else including you. I think he was making small talk with the audience and mentioned something he wasn't 100% sure on. That's why he said MAYBE.

I'm not inferring this is a misunderstanding on his part, I'm saying he doesn't know for sure if it's the ending they are reshooting, or he's not sure if they are in fact going to do reshoots. This is why he said MAYBE

If it is such a sure thing like you are saying, why would he say maybe? That is a very specific word to use. If this is a done deal as you are claiming why would he not just say "We are doing reshoots of the ending"?

When people know things are definitely happening people don't use non definite words like maybe. They clearly state that this thing is happening.

If someone was to state that they maybe going to the store tomorrow, do you take that to mean they are definitely going?

Do you have some knowledge of the current ending and so are against changing/reshooting it? (feel free to drop some spoilers if so!!!)

Maybes aside (yes, he DID say maybe,) it is clear a reshoot is at minimum being seriously discussed, otherwise producers wouldn't have mentioned it to the composer. Correct?

And if a reshoot was being done in Jan, it would be impossible (other than secret on-set photographs) to deliver on the "for sure" confirmation you mention. Studios usually cover this type of thing.

Mr. Williams didn't just make up something as specific as "another ending to shoot." Given his age, its possible he just let slip something publicly that he wasn't supposed to.

No one here has knowledge of the ending, including me. What I do have knowledge on is the English Language and the meaning of words, which it seems you have a hard time understanding. You are taking what he said and mixing it with your own perceptions, ideas, and drawing a assumption from what he said. A assumption is not a fact and it certainly does not counter the exact words of what he said.

You are assuming what the producers said to JW. Nothing is clear here other then JW saying they MAYBE doing reshoots of the ending.

Again, I'm not saying JW is making anything up, I'm only saying what he said, which isn't confirmation of anything other than him saying they "MAYBE" doing reshoots. Which again IS NOT confirmation that this is definitely happening.

I will ask the questions you conveniently dodged again. If someone was to state that they maybe going to the store tomorrow, do you take that to mean they are definitely going? And... If this reshoots were really a definite thing, then why would he say they MAYBE doing reshoots of the ending?

Back