InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shorter haired characters should stay sculpted though if InArt can pull it off I'm open to it. I hope to see how they do their version of TDK Batman and Bruce Wayne imagine rooted hair BW bale sculpt.

The cape won’t be leather.

39EDF6DA-9B81-42CC-A963-06CE7E3823EC.gif

Shorter haired characters should stay sculpted though if InArt can pull it off I'm open to it. I hope to see how they do their version of TDK Batman and Bruce Wayne imagine rooted hair BW bale sculpt.
They should always offer the option of sculpted and rooted, regardless of hair length (apart from maybe shaved hair). Even if rooted is more limited in certain cases. Nothing looks worse on the shelf than a bunch of figures with mixed rooted and sculpted hair, it takes away from the reality… or in this case hyper-reality.

Last edited:
I’m still of the opinion that rooted hair on a 1:6 figure makes the figure look way too much like a child’s doll than a collectible figure.

Personally I think if rooted hair is done right, it can add more realism to a figure.

We all seem to be happy with the progression of paint applications on Hot Toys sculpts over the years resulting in more realistic figures.
I also see more people being unhappy with exposed joints on figures.

For me, rooted hair is just the next step.

So I zoomed in to the high rez Batman with the cowl off and the head sculpt doesn’t look like it articulates. Am I wrong here? I know I saw the joker video where they show the lower portion going into the body with a strong magnet and assume the same with this head sculpt

Tobey Spider-man 🤦‍♂️ Just what we need more Spider-man figures.
Considering how subpar the HT efforts are in that regard, you bet I want an InArt Tobey-Man specifically from the Raimi flicks. And I'm not even much of a Spiderfan these days. Come on, InArt's going to be wasting resources on GoT figures, them making one or two Raimi characters, in the event that ever becomes a reality and doesn't stay just wishful thinking, wouldn't eat at them. If InArt's to be making the "Big Guns", I want them to make the T-800, Neo, the Batmen, and yeah, someday a Spider-Man and a Vader. I mean, the same exact thing could be said about Batman. InArt's already dedicating 3 slots to Batman and we've already had countless Batmen.

The way inflation here and the cost of living crisis is going at the moment, only the upper middle class and wealthier will be able to afford anything after utilities and food.

Despite being pretty much fine with how the HT Tobey has turned out, I’d still get an InArt version (and sell of HT) because they’d most certainly use a better suit material and probably find a way to have no visible joints.
I'm skipping the NWH version. I'm not spending 300€ on that. The SM3 SM was my first HT (broke long ago) and to see them still use plastic hands, a least aesthetically pleasing material and still have the seams on the sides, then charge that much more (I got mine for ~130€ shipped back then) a decade later, is unacceptable to me.

-

As for rooted vs sculpted, rooted's the next step, but I don't know if it'd fit every character. A cut as short as the Terminator's is a tricky thing. Not to mention that then all the sculpted figures would start looking "lesser", and good luck trying to replace your entire collection with 500$ versions. And InArt's the only one doing good rooted sculpts, other companies won't get into it. So if you're interested in any other licence bar the InArt ones, you'll always feel as if those figures aren't up to par. I've got the Iconiq Bateman on PO. InArt would give him rooted hair if they ever made him (highly unlikely). So if I have even a short haired T2 Arnie with rooted, I'll always be looking at my, say, BCS Doctors, Iconiq Bateman, Exo-6 Kirk and so on, and feel unfulfilled.

I'd rather stick to rooted only for certain characters where the hair is long enough to warrant it. Someone like DUNC Paul, sure. Or Wonder Woman. But Cavill Superman, or Bale Wayne; I don't know if I'd be able to drop the money. Now, all that said, I'd still like all of my absolute favourites to get the rooted treatment so as to feel more premium, regardless of hair length, so technically that would make me a hypocrite...

Bah, it's all too complicated.

PS: Just make your parents pay for your dollies. Convince them that it's an investment. What else are those geezers going to spend it on if not their precious kids? Guilt trip them. Fire and brimstone. Never waste your own money. That's how real Sigma Gs roll.

andrew-tate-top-g.gif

PS: Just make your parents pay for your dollies. Convince them that it's an investment. What else are those geezers going to spend it on if not their precious kids? Guilt trip them. Fire and brimstone. Never waste your own money. That's how real Sigma Gs roll.

andrew-tate-top-g.gif
Nah, my parents only pay for my accommodation, utilities, food, clothing and transport; I’m man enough to buy my own dollies!

Nah, my parents only pay for my accommodation, utilities, food, clothing and transport; I’m man enough to buy my own dollies!
I'm shameless so I make them pay for everything. Technically that's what Batman does. He never actually works and just leeches money from Luscius heading the Wayne Corp or Alfred cooking the books of his numerous "charity foundations". So technically mummy and daddy are still paying, from the grave, for Batmanchild to live out his fantasies with his playmates. Be like Batman. Exploit your parents till the last drop. That's real Sigma Talk. Word.

FQ05fIOXEAAKxS1.jpg

I’m still of the opinion that rooted hair on a 1:6 figure makes the figure look way too much like a child’s doll than a collectible figure.
I don’t collect emo Batman for my health. The rooted hair gives me max “haunted by the spirit of a Victorian child who succumbed to Consumption” vibes and that is ✨aesthetic✨.

This was always a hobby for the relatively wealthy.
Nah, I'm not wealthy. Everyone's situations are too different to come to any real conclusion like that. For me, my son moved out on his own which turned non-discretionary funds into discretionary, and outside of hanging out with my wife, I don't do a lot of social activities that would use up those funds.

Do I have to wonder how I will pay my rent next month, or if I'll have enough money left over for food? No, but don't pay me for two pay cycles and you best bet I would be sweating bullets. lol

Back