InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m actually going to be so disappointed if it is…. I live in Sydney Australia, the land of humidity where pleather dies and doesn’t stand a chance ☹️
It could be worse - you could live in Cairns ;)
I'm in Adelaide where it is very dry, so this is less an issue for me.

It will be leather or just a strong material that mimics it (not pleather) it will be alright I think the dumbest thing that can happen is them using pleather on their premium figure in general. If the entire suit is high quality then the cape should be also. Plus with the wires it won't matter if it drapes well as long as it feels and moves nicely.

I hope it won’t be pleather. because that means they will use it on suit and that won’t be easy to replace. I really want to see their terminator 2 figure with rooted headsculpt and real leather suit:p

I agree about the second film being more fantastical of a world when it comes to his rogues. If it follows BTAS formula and introduces his villains in that style it would be possible to have them in this world. I think they can keep the noir detective style film and add these kind of villains. Man-Bat and Clayface and even Killer Croc can be done how they should be and have a horror element to it. With Croc it's already his origin that he has a rare skin disease. Bermejo had a good idea for croc and earth one also did it in a way that made sense.

Well, Matt Reeves is a fan of BTAS and Pattinson has cited Mask of the Phantasm as an inspiration for the first film so if anything I think the sequel is in good hands. This is pure speculation, but I always felt that none of the previous Batman directors were aware nor care enough to realize how revered the cartoon made for kids was when it comes to being the definitive depiction of Batman outside the comics and I think they would have benefited by borrowing a few elements from it. I know Zack Synder has admitted to not being interested in Batman outside of TDK and if I recall demeaned cartoons as stuff for kids, which is a shame since with his talents and a little more refinement he can definitely deliver a solid Batman.

While Reeve's version isn't the character I've always envisioned in my nearly 40 year fandom of the character, I think he's probably the one who "gets it" more so than Burton, Shumacher, Nolan and Synder.

Well, Matt Reeves is a fan of BTAS and Pattinson has cited Mask of the Phantasm as an inspiration for the first film so if anything I think the sequel is in good hands. This is pure speculation, but I always felt that none of the previous Batman directors were aware nor care enough to realize how revered the cartoon made for kids was when it comes to being the definitive depiction of Batman outside the comics and I think they would have benefited by borrowing a few elements from it. I know Zack Synder has admitted to not being interested in Batman outside of TDK and if I recall demeaned cartoons as stuff for kids, which is a shame since with his talents and a little more refinement he can definitely deliver a solid Batman.

While Reeve's version isn't the character I've always envisioned in my nearly 40 year fandom of the character, I think he's probably the one who "gets it" more so than Burton, Shumacher, Nolan and Synder.
Yup 100% agree, the music director or composer said they took the BTAS theme as inspiration for their Batman theme. If you listen to it on youtube or spotify, and even in the funeral scene where Bruce is driving and sees the protesters you can hear BTAS piano notes or something similar. So I do hope they continue to use that as a template for that world. Mr. Freeze is definitely a good character to bring in and base his story on "A Heart of Ice" would be a great film. I would also like to see the other characters mentioned. I think saving The Joker as the last villain in the trilogy would be better. Plus Pattinson said he wants them to put Robin in the sequel as a 13 year old like the comics. I feel Dark Victory is a good story to take inspiration from as it's a follow-up to The long Halloween which is what this film took some inspiration from story wise.

When the hell are they going to tell us what the cape is made of!!!!!!

alfred-pennyworth-batman.gif

For a half a thousand dollar figure it’s a bit silly to have to buy extras for something that should already be done in the first place though
The figure is 380 actually...you pay cars for half a hundred thousand and more, they could still have problems and we always buy extra stuff to take care of it...

I’m actually going to be so disappointed if it is…. I live in Sydney Australia, the land of humidity where pleather dies and doesn’t stand a chance ☹️
Australian has a bunch of different climates depending where you live. I think Sydney gets a bit more humid than Melbourne because it is exposed to all that warm ocean to the east. I’m in Melbourne and we don’t really get that, we just get a lot of chill from Antarctica!!

Regardless if the cape is leather or not someone is going to make their own just because people might want a drape version, either way it doesn't really matter now does it. Lmao

Regardless if the cape is leather or not someone is going to make their own just because people might want a drape version, either way it doesn't really matter now does it. Lmao
unfortunately this will be a problem, at least for me. because I will avoid more of their products in case they will be using again on figure such as terminator :confused:

unfortunately this will be a problem, at least for me. because I will avoid more of their products in case they will be using again on figure such as terminator :confused:
Not saying it won't be leather only that even if it was people will remove it regardless because they might want a custom cape that drapes and has no wires.

Back