InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bale suit is much simpler though. The Pattinson suit combines different material and seems like a much more complicated design. I think for a fair comparison, we should be comparing both Pattinson figures like you said.
Not talking about the suit, I said the tailoring for that looks pretty good which isn't a surprise considering they're sharing the same clothes factory as other known brands, imo could be a bit less weathered.

I'm mainly referring to the other sculpted parts, the gauntlets and boots are pretty much comparable or on the same level as Hot Toys but when I look at InArt's head I see a clear difference in quality and technique, it's not terrible by any means but I think Hot Toys paint apps and sculpt detail are better, I can clearly see it's Bale under there while with InArt I see the love child of Pattinson and Oscar Isaac, the paint apps are more reminescent of statues than the more layered and delicate expensive 1/6 paint apps.
WeChat Image_20221017005342.png

1665964204884.png

Attachments

• 1665964412855.png
    1665964412855.png
    935.4 KB · Views: 0
I really just say wait for the actual final product. All this "it's not as good as I thought" is irrelevant because once the final product comes out these opinions will change, and the few who didn't buy it will complain they can't get it. This is a never ending trend in our hobby sadly, and it won't change any time soon. With that being said at the very least these videos at least tells us that InArt should consider people with better photo and video skills that don't make their products look like cake toppers. Lol

Not talking about the suit, I said the tailoring for that looks pretty good which isn't a surprise considering they're sharing the same clothes factory as other known brands, imo could be a bit less weathered.

I'm mainly referring to the other sculpted parts, the gauntlets and boots are pretty much comparable or on the same level as Hot Toys but when I look at InArt's head I see a clear difference in quality and technique, it's not terrible by any means but I think Hot Toys paint apps and sculpt detail are better, I can clearly see it's Bale under there while with InArt I see the love child of Pattinson and Oscar Isaac, the paint apps are more reminescent of statues than the more layered and delicate expensive 1/6 paint apps.
View attachment 603042

View attachment 603037
Yeah Im really not liking the way the sculpt is looking there. I dont know if its the lighting or changes they made to it but in the reveal photos it looked spot on aside from some gripes people had
Screenshot_2022-10-17-04-01-30-75_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

View attachment 603042

View attachment 603037
Can’t disagree with this more. The InArt cowl looks pretty close to the screen used prop. The Hot Toys is well… very off.

Attachments

• 829246E4-E816-4E73-BB2F-CFB059800B49.jpeg
    829246E4-E816-4E73-BB2F-CFB059800B49.jpeg
    461 KB · Views: 0
  • 323D5109-410E-425D-838B-1B0AF552D900.jpeg
    323D5109-410E-425D-838B-1B0AF552D900.jpeg
    589.5 KB · Views: 0
  • FB6A964E-8B57-4454-881C-7790E5E22868.jpeg
    FB6A964E-8B57-4454-881C-7790E5E22868.jpeg
    600.3 KB · Views: 0
I’m sure final product will be much better. We all should just be glad we have a prototype we got to see articulation, size, accessories etc. it’s not even 2023 yet!!

Cowl does seem cartoonish but I think it’s because of the paint apps. It’s probably also just the lighting.

Even though, I’m glad they are listening to us and pushing further. They’re doing a wonderful job.

My takeaway from this picture is this: on both figure’s heads I can’t see the fine lines and paint details that make the either sculpt work. What I can see is that the general shape of the Pattinson cowl appears to be more or less correct and the general shape of TDK cowl is objectively not.

This tells me that in normal lighting or with higher resolution, that as long as the paint on the InArt is as good as the Hot Toys it will be far superior.

The real problem here is that this is a nearly 10 year old Hot Toys sculpt that they scaled down and changed some things around on. It’s a derivative of something that was never accurate.

I suspect Hot Toys The Batman is much better than the DX19 simply because they didn’t have an artist’s ten year old work laying around to lazily copy.

Attachments

• AC17BEA9-F3C2-4EE9-8439-AA8198591AA5.png
    AC17BEA9-F3C2-4EE9-8439-AA8198591AA5.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
It's really frustrating that people still are not satisfied with the bruce wayne headsculpt. Personally this took a significant leap in likeness from the face shape. They fixed the chin to not be as strong as the prototype. Despite this bad lighting, its SO MUCH better, his forehead is also much more accurate. The far right was the worst angle because it looks more square like.

They just need to work on the eyes and paint apps, but other than that, this was much better than what I expected.

1CB62B68-8C07-4C7D-8F62-E233814DD5F4.jpeg

Last edited:
I dislike the skin color for most Hot Toys heads, they almost always seem too tan in hand. The InArt seems pretty pale, some of the detail and tones might be lost in Justin's super bright lights, but either way it looks great to me, but I guess it's personal preference. I can't wait to see normal pics in more natural lighting.

Last edited:
Back