InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Call me crazy but out of all the stuff they've shown this seems to be the least impressive, the heads in particular don't really do anything for me the paint looks mediocre and the rooted hair just doesn't improve the unmasked sculpt in any way, when Justin put it next to the Hot Toys DX19 I could see that while tailoring is really well done the rest of the figure just looks like that, a figure, especially the sculpt, the HT Bale looks realistic while with IA's Pattinson I can clear tell it's a figure. It will be insteresting to see how both Batman figures hold up when standing next to each other since they can't really study each other's flaws right now.

Ugh why does he have to be the one to review them. Anyways saw the video, the figure looks good but you can tell it's a prototype as stated. The sculpt isn't 100% refined and there is still some changes that needs to be made. I know once the final version is released it will be 10x better and will be worth more then any HT. But for now the prototype is what we're getting a good look at, and yes they changed the cowl sculpt it's smoother and the nose does sit higher in it, the shape is also new. It explains why it looks very soft in the video and not very well painted. Once the final comes out it should be fine though.

The fact that people were saying “well InArt Gandalf looks better than Asmus” sounds rough to me. So that’s where we are going to settle.
It's still is better then Asmus imo though the issue right now is the hair, and beard. Like they gave him a quick trim they need to actually make sure the beard and hair are accurate and not that short otherwise a lot of people will be very unhappy.

It's still is better then Asmus imo though the issue right now is the hair, and beard. Like they gave him a quick trim they need to actually make sure the beard and hair are accurate and not that short otherwise a lot of people will be very unhappy.
I agree. The hair and facial hair seemed off, the hat also could have used some weathering. I really didn’t see any 4K photos of the face either, so I didn’t get to see all of the detail. It’s tough to judge figures while watching a 720p stream.

I agree. The hair and facial hair seemed off, the hat also could have used some weathering. I really didn’t see any 4K photos of the face either, so I didn’t get to see all of the detail. It’s tough to judge figures while watching a 720p stream.
Ah I actually saw close up images of him on Instagram and it looks good still some work I'm sure but fine. I'm sure someone posted it on the Gandalf thread.

Call me crazy but out of all the stuff they've shown this seems to be the least impressive, the heads in particular don't really do anything for me the paint looks mediocre and the rooted hair just doesn't improve the unmasked sculpt in any way, when Justin put it next to the Hot Toys DX19 I could see that while tailoring is really well done the rest of the figure just looks like that, a figure, especially the sculpt, the HT Bale looks realistic while with IA's Pattinson I can clear tell it's a figure. It will be insteresting to see how both Batman figures hold up when standing next to each other since they can't really study each other's flaws right now.
I admit there doesn't seem to be a huge difference in quality with the HT figure, but Justin's bright, washed out lighting always makes everything look much more toy-like than it really is in hand. So it's probably not the best way to judge anything.

Ah I actually saw close up images of him on Instagram and it looks good still some work I'm sure but fine. I'm sure someone posted it on the Gandalf thread.

Care to share bud? I haven’t seen any close up/high quality images of it bar the one low angle image InArt posted to their insta.

Based on the photos I do see some noticeable improvements. Weathering looks fantastic on the cowl it looks more realistic. I’m glad they fixed the nose issue as well.

The cowl 3D model itself though is not a hot toys killer at all, in some angles hot toys seems more accurate actually.

Number one thing they can work on now is the Bruce Wayne sculpt, that way they can use the same ones on their Batman. It’s missing paint apps and texture that Pattinson had. I think that’s why it looks a bit more cartoony. But overall they’re heading in the right direction.

6DC14714-8C7A-40DB-BF36-3436FEE41D88.jpeg

7CEEB2FE-5028-498B-9518-38C48A4857AE.jpeg
Posted on Instagram. In this angle Pattinson head sculpt is improving. The face shape is getting there.

It looks good, but as predicted, it's not the HT killer that everyone seems to clamber for this company to be.

I think the gap between the HT and the InArt figure will be much smaller than most folks expect.

I still stand by the fact that the final sculpt and plates on the HT will have the better finish, paint, and overall quality when directly compared. Likeness is a different story, but at the core...eh they're not gonna catch up to HT with these first releases. You can see it on the Joker. It's high quality third party level work (which is not a dig, at all).
Agreed. Looks great, but not enough for me to drop my jaw and go after it like a Terminator would to a target.

Biggest takeaways for me that haven't been so obviously brought up that I've seen before:

- Height: Glad to see this compared to the DX19. Now if I do purchase any InArt in the future, I see they scale well. Joker did too in the other video.
- Magnetic Base: This thing has me most impressed to be honest. It's about time stands took an evolution. Wonder how well they stand without?
- Single Joystick for eyes: Thank you! Human eyes move TOGETHER not singly like some chameleon.
- Rooted hair: I had no idea this could even be superior to sculpted but they are doing it.
- Justin's Collection: Toys Wonderland flew him out to L.A. Enough said.

Back