InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ne
Really hard to tell what the quality of the flesh and stubble paint apps is like at this show with everyone using phone cameras.
The drop in quality and detail from proto to show piece on the faces is huge if what these images are capturing is accurate.
agreed. I hope inart will update the detailed pics of all the figures on their fb soon

Indeed. It’s bad enough trying to take pics through the glass/acrylic so hopefully IA can put out some quality images to make up for the massive lack of new figures and license announcements we were promised.

Joker and Pennywise were the show stealers and they don’t require realistic flesh paint techniques so we really need to see a proper human-looking human face up close to understand what they’re capable of.
These crappy Batman pics put the face paint apps on par with old sideshow figures.

Looks good, but I wish they didn’t have it behind glass. Glass displays should be outlawed 🤣

Looks immense.

65C7EED2-DC93-4C40-B96E-F92F6310C0D2.png
4D95BDB3-97E0-4355-829C-4D77808AF456.png

I'm still confused by the wording of "prototype" here... but it doesn't look like they changed the heavier texturing on the cowl afterall. Looks beyond good, but again, what does prototype really mean in this context!?

Are you all happy now? Cape is not too short anymore. But its too long now 😂😂😂 Although justin did say it is still being worked on
IMG_20221016_192821.jpg

But I do have 1 big worry because it looks like the traps are not there like they were on the reveal photos. Looks flat like what we are used to seeing from hot toys.

Here is a picture from before. The one in Justins video looks more. Flat.
Screenshot_2022-10-16-19-29-49-36_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

But I do have 1 big worry because it looks like the traps are not there like they were on the reveal photos. Looks flat like what we are used to seeing from hot toys.

Here is a picture from before. The one in Justins video looks more. Flat.
View attachment 602956

I refuse to give a click on his review but maybe the shoulders were positioned higher on the video. Comparing the shoulder armors with the cape on, it seems the shoulders are positioned lower with promo photos and creates that slope. The cape does add volume on that area. Without the cape, even with shoulders positioned higher, the traps still seem to be there because of the neck armor.

I don't know...Of course it is hard to tell final thoughts based on washed out video but I don't think this looks way better than hot toys. Especially unasked headsculpt looks basic, I don't know if its lighting, paint or what,but something is off. Overall it looks great but I don't see myself cancelling hot toys for this.

It looks good, but as predicted, it's not the HT killer that everyone seems to clamber for this company to be.

I think the gap between the HT and the InArt figure will be much smaller than most folks expect.

I still stand by the fact that the final sculpt and plates on the HT will have the better finish, paint, and overall quality when directly compared. Likeness is a different story, but at the core...eh they're not gonna catch up to HT with these first releases. You can see it on the Joker. It's high quality third party level work (which is not a dig, at all).

His traps weren’t prominent to begin with…depending on the angle almost non existent really….

View attachment 602962
View attachment 602963

There's still a noticeable downward slope. On the screen shots from the video. It began with a slope from the neck but sort of went up again once it reached the shoulder armors. That's why I think the shoulders on the figure need to be pulled down to counter that effect.

Back