[iminime] / Trevor Grove - The Cowboy ~ FULL REVEAL ~

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite exchange is at the end with the comments about an ancient race and "only at the point of dyin'". Such a fantastic movie.

Honestly, I'd lose my mind for an Iminime Harmonica.

How old is this movie?....I'm interested by all of your comments but the westerns that I have found enjoyable besides all Eastwood, spaghettis, were silverado, tombstone and hell....blazing saddles.

Not to derail this thread even more...
here's a Bronson custom on evilBay atm! Not quite what you were looking for DKA8976?

How old is this movie?....I'm interested by all of your comments but the westerns that I have found enjoyable besides all Eastwood, spaghettis, were silverado, tombstone and hell....blazing saddles.
The movie came out in 1968. You should also watch Duck You Sucker, They Call Me Trinity and My Name Is Nobody. All great spaghetti westerns

The movie came out in 1968. You should also watch Duck You Sucker, They Call Me Trinity and My Name Is Nobody. All great spaghetti westerns

Sounds good....I will look those up. I can appreciate a movie that brings out ranges in emotion. Most of my collection are from special movies....blondie is my first from a western....hopefully not the only if iminime completes GBU.:love

Is the regular sculpt the DX head with a sculpted hat? If so, they look vastly different to me.

Yea but how many of those 50 will actually pick up the fig? Not 50 is my guess lol

That's all dependent on Iminime's final product. If they knock Alonzo out of the park they'll have 50 done effortlessly. Cowboy and Bateman sold out in a 35 DX/50 Reg set run. Why? Because of the mix between popularity AND the look of the final product.

Some may argue that things like Space Trucker and Lecter should've flown off of the shelf faster than other things that they've had success with. Maybe the popularity of those characters should technically be higher than others but if the final product isn't a knock out, then..... :dunno.

It's also funny that just based on interest alone, Alonzo's list went on fire and Goodfellas fizzled and died. I think this is a rare case because I don't think that GF is less popular than Training Day. Maybe the problem is the bigger investment. Most people would want all three and that's an $1100 nut instead of buying 1 fig for say $350.

Bottom line is it has to be a perfect marriage of popularity and final product. I doubt that Cowboy or Bateman would have done so well if they didn’t look so damn good, despite the large following

It's also funny that just based on interest alone, Alonzo's list went on fire and Goodfellas fizzled and died. I think this is a rare case because I don't think that GF is less popular than Training Day. Maybe the problem is the bigger investment. Most people would want all three and that's an $1100 nut instead of buying 1 fig for say $350.

That is what kept me from showing interest in the Goodfellas set. I love the movie but $1100 for a set of three guys in 70's suits is a little much for me. Training Day was easier - a great movie, a famous actor who hasn't been done much, and a visually distinctive character.

I wonder if Goodfellas isn't getting the love because it is an older movie (1990). It seems that many collectors, especially those who are younger, want what they grew up with or something from recent memory. Think about how many have commented that they never saw the GBU trilogy. I wonder how many have never seen Goodfellas? It is one of the best movies from any genre. Each of the three main characters are iconic in their own right. Is the green light on these figures based on interest in all three, or separate? If this doesn't get made, it would be a shame. Goodfellas will be talked about for many, many years to come. Training Day will be forgotten.

That is what kept me from showing interest in the Goodfellas set. I love the movie but $1100 for a set of three guys in 70's suits is a little much for me. Training Day was easier - a great movie, a famous actor who hasn't been done much, and a visually distinctive character.

I assumed that this had a lot to do with it because the lack of interest they were getting was surprising. I told Wake the same thing; that people were probably shying away from the steep 3 figure investment. We haven't truly put the GBU trio to the test with an official interest list so who knows. They may get a similar response because of the collective price tag.

And then timing has a lot to do with this stuff too. Sometimes you have to keep throwing it against the wall until it sticks. When we were clamoring for Alonzo in the Rainman & Iminime wish list threads Thrustmaser said 'don't bother. I tried this a year ago and barley got a response'. I said, "a lot has changed in a year. Iminime has a bigger following now and have made improvements in their resources. Let's jumpstart that old thread and see what happens".... and it took off :)

And I’m stoked about it. Looking at Cowboy & Wall ST. Killer it goes to show how much Iminime has improved in the tailoring and accessory dept. I think that they are at a point that they will do a bang up job on Alonzo and I’m actually happier to see them taking him on then Rainman.

I wonder if Goodfellas isn't getting the love because it is an older movie (1990). It seems that many collectors, especially those who are younger, want what they grew up with or something from recent memory. Think about how many have commented that they never saw the GBU trilogy. I wonder how many have never seen Goodfellas? It is one of the best movies from any genre. Each of the three main characters are iconic in their own right. Is the green light on these figures based on interest in all three, or separate? If this doesn't get made, it would be a shame. Goodfellas will be talked about for many, many years to come. Training Day will be forgotten.

Goodfellas is a classic and will never be forgotten but we can't discount Training Day too much. Denzel did win the Oscar for that role.

Yea unfortunately the GF thing is being pitched as a set of three so it would probably take 45+ interested in all 3 to get it off the ground. The list are split for those who would want them separately but there are very few on those lists. The majority of all interested are in for all 3

I've never seen Training Day. I was going to rent Take Shelter tonight, but it appears that I have another one to add to my list.:lol

He only got the Oscar because they shunned him the year before, honestly Russel Crowe was robbed for the Oscar that year, i thought Training Day was great just didn't feel it was Oscar worthy.

Back