[iminime] / Trevor Grove - The Cowboy ~ FULL REVEAL ~

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GBU is such an amazing movie because of its three leads. Blondie has such a strong appeal as the cool, strong, mysterious lead despite not having that much screen time. Tuco steals the show with his antics and characterization. Despite this, I am still drawn towards Angel Eyes principally- he is menacing and has a palpable stage presence. The scene at the beginning of the movie with him eating the beans and glaring at his prey - you could tell straight off that this was going to be a man to be reckoned with. I will also never forget the scene where he executes his employer in bed - it is sudden, unconsciously brutual, and incredibly memorable.

I do think that we should probably make a seperate interest thread for Tuco and Angel Eyes. I think it would be much easier to get the 50+ interest for them then. That being said, we should wait until Denny talks to Rainman and asks his permission first.

Also, out of respect for Scott, I would hold off on the Harry talk until at least after his Head and Clothing sets go on sale on Friday. He may say he doesn't care, but I think it would be a nice courtesy.

I'd be happy to help as I feel I have a pretty good eye for detail but I wouldn't call myself a GBU connoisseur by any means. Actually I'm pretty much a GBU noob. Marf and Army pretty much turned me on to it and I only watched it for the first time like 4 months ago (I've watched it 4 times since but that's another story :lol).

I'm new to it but that doesn't dilute my love for it. Once I got thru it the first time it completely sucked me in. Tuco is classic and is now one of my fave movie characters ever.

I know that this has a lot of support and I'd happily play point man if Denny needs the hawk eye for the fine details :wink1:.

I'm sure first and foremost he'd like to see a bit more support. 15 is good but it takes 50 (-/+). If a few more guys chime in with their interest I can start to compile a list....

:rotfl

And I turned Marf on to GBU. I thought I turned you on to GBU pop? :tap I never get my credit when I deserve it. :lol

Some of my lame pics from Famcon. Check out the Famcon thread for more if interested including links to my YouTube coverage.
DSC_0166_zps79cc8f3c.jpg

DSC_0168_zps3fcc7405.jpg

IMG_8327_zps2c905588.jpg

Hmmm... Se A Kim doing some studying for something ahead...?

These are great Marlo. :clap You also managed to get a shot of Daryl in the famcon thread. Thank you for that as well. :yess:

You can always count me in for more figures from GBU to be done. Its my favorite movie. I remember when I was around seven or eight years old waiting anxiously for the movie to play on television. Never get tired of watching it. Definitely what impressed me the most at Famcon was seeing iminime's Blondie!:yess:

GBU is such an amazing movie because of its three leads. Blondie has such a strong appeal as the cool, strong, mysterious lead despite not having that much screen time. Tuco steals the show with his antics and characterization. Despite this, I am still drawn towards Angel Eyes principally- he is menacing and has a palpable stage presence. The scene at the beginning of the movie with him eating the beans and glaring at his prey - you could tell straight off that this was going to be a man to be reckoned with. I will also never forget the scene where he executes his employer in bed - it is sudden, unconsciously brutual, and incredibly memorable.

I do think that we should probably make a seperate interest thread for Tuco and Angel Eyes. I think it would be much easier to get the 50+ interest for them then. That being said, we should wait until Denny talks to Rainman and asks his permission first.

Also, out of respect for Scott, I would hold off on the Harry talk until at least after his Head and Clothing sets go on sale on Friday. He may say he doesn't care, but I think it would be a nice courtesy.

That would be a good thing to do. To be fair, though, I haven't yet gotten a response, and I'm not going to contact anybody about anything before I do.

These are great Marlo. :clap You also managed to get a shot of Daryl in the famcon thread. Thank you for that as well. :yess:

Yeah, I really meant to take more pics and vids, but it all went by so quickly! Glad I at least got the few that I took! So great hanging with you and everyone, bro! I think you got more video time than photos from my camera! :lol

The figure highlight of FAMCON for me were the 2 Clints: iminime's Blondie and Velvet's Dirty Harry. I can't wait!!!:hi5:

I think it was the same for me! Very much looking forward to the Blondie DX set and Velvet's Dirty Harry, even if I had to settle for the unpainted kit version for that one!

Just in case, some little bit of footage in this vid at the iminime booth! Been posting vids in a few threads now, so getting confused...!

[ame]https://youtu.be/t7pSoofBqik[/ame]

Yeah, I really meant to take more pics and vids, but it all went by so quickly! Glad I at least got the few that I took! So great hanging with you and everyone, bro! I think you got more video time than photos from my camera! :lol

I think it was the same for me! Very much looking forward to the Blondie DX set and Velvet's Dirty Harry, even if I had to settle for the unpainted kit version for that one!

Just in case, some little bit of footage in this vid at the iminime booth! Been posting vids in a few threads now, so getting confused...!

https://youtu.be/t7pSoofBqik

You got a DX? Nice! That means we'll get an awesome video on it, right?:pray:

You got a DX? Nice! That means we'll get an awesome video on it, right?:pray:

Yeah, I was one of the very lucky few! Wasn't easy and I almost had a heart attack with the process, but I scored one! I don't know about awesome, but I'll try my best to do at least a decent video review once I get him in! Believe me, after seeing this figure at the show, I'm only more excited to have him in hand!

When I quoted everyone I was under the impression tha everyone was in for both AE & Tuco. It seemed that everyone said that they were in for both and no one seemed to want one w/o the other but I could make two separate lists just to be more precise.

Here's another vote to finish the trio. We got the Good, now we need the Bad and the Ugly!!!

Noted Johnny :hi5:

This :lecture

:rotfl

And I turned Marf on to GBU. I thought I turned you on to GBU pop? :tap I never get my credit when I deserve it. :lol

:lol sorry I left you out broski! You definitely put he bug in my ear too :hi5:

You guys hipped me up to this project when it was still a secret. I want credit for keeping my lips zipped to the grave!!!... er.. I mean to announcement!!

Yeah, I was one of the very lucky few! Wasn't easy and I almost had a heart attack with the process, but I scored one! I don't know about awesome, but I'll try my best to do at least a decent video review once I get him in! Believe me, after seeing this figure at the show, I'm only more excited to have him in hand!

Nah, they're awesome. Also, congrats!

I've got the Blu-Ray on right now, but part of me doesn't even want to start it. That menu music is perfect to fall asleep to.:lol

I'd love more GBU, but my true 1/6 Western want is 'Once Upon a Time in the West'. Frank, Harmonica, and Cheyenne, in that order.

Once-Upon-A-Time-in-the-West4.jpg

once-4.jpg

Once+Upon+A+Time+In+The+West+14.jpg

Eh...never been a big John Wayne fan. Leone's movies were the first that ever spoke to me that Westerns were more than just movies my dad made me watch as a kid. :dunno

I'd love more GBU, but my true 1/6 Western want is 'Once Upon a Time in the West'. Frank, Harmonica, and Cheyenne, in that order.

Once-Upon-A-Time-in-the-West4.jpg

once-4.jpg

Once+Upon+A+Time+In+The+West+14.jpg
Frank and Harmonica would be great. This is actually my favorite western of them all, but if I had to choose my most preferred western figure after the Man with No Name it would be Liberty Valence.

lee_marvin-Liberty-Valance.jpg

One of the best, most bad-*** western characters of all. Of course, the Duke would be a nice complement that that figure.

Frank and Harmonica would be great. This is actually my favorite western of them all, but if I had to choose my most preferred western figure after the Man with No Name it would be Liberty Valence.

lee_marvin-Liberty-Valance.jpg

One of the best, most bad-*** western characters of all. Of course, the Duke would be a nice complement that that figure.

:exactly: :goodpost: I would love to see this happen. :panic:

Back