HT- PREDATOR- 'Billy' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's an amazing repint and likness you've managed to get there!!! Did you paint the bleeding scar across his chest too? Would love to see him posed with his machete if you did.

HPIM4335.jpg

Great repaint SilentSurfer! The eyes looking straight ahead seems to help imo.

Did you paint the bleeding scar across his chest too? Would love to see him posed with his machete if you did.

HPIM4335.jpg

No, I didn't. I don't intend to display him that way, so I didn't bother taking off any of his clothes. I did think about that though, but it would mean modifying the neck, getting ungloved hands, and finding a watch for him. No big deal, but I like him in ready for warfare mode.

looks good SS. PM me the details...:monkey3

Thanks. Basically it's all airbrush work trying to keep the flesh tones close to the body color. Only the eyes, lips, hair, and blood are hand brushed. I added a bit of muddy gray to the flesh tones to add some of the subtle beard shadow with an airbrush, then used the same mix to dry dab a stipple effect in the same areas to give it visual texture which only barely shows in the photos.

The war paint was the trickiest part. It had to look smooth, but not perfectly, airbrush smooth. I first hand brushed it on so it would look a little uneven like he put it on with his fingers, then aribrushed over it a bit to make it look a bit smoother and like it had faded and blended with sweat. Then I gave the whole face a light mist with a color most like the arms to blend the beard and war paint a bit more.

well done SilentSurfer:clap you have now made me want to get this.:banghead

Thanks. Basically it's all airbrush work trying to keep the flesh tones close to the body color. Only the eyes, lips, hair, and blood are hand brushed. I added a bit of muddy gray to the flesh tones to add some of the subtle beard shadow with an airbrush, then used the same mix to dry dab a stipple effect in the same areas to give it visual texture which only barely shows in the photos.

The war paint was the trickiest part. It had to look smooth, but not perfectly, airbrush smooth. I first hand brushed it on so it would look a little uneven like he put it on with his fingers, then aribrushed over it a bit to make it look a bit smoother and like it had faded and blended with sweat. Then I gave the whole face a light mist with a color most like the arms to blend the beard and war paint a bit more.

You make it sound so simple lol. Gonna add mine to that repaint list. :)

HPIM4341.jpg

Very nice. I think the reason I see Sonny in some images is clear now, the eyes and nose area can look like him, and those are the key areas, but the overall shape to his face is what isn't him.

Cool for those getting Billy that he can be somewhat salvaged though.

so it is sonny landhum and not corey feldman! im glad i have an extra head in hand! now to send it to josh for a repaint

Back