1/6 Hot Toys - MMS627 - The Dark Knight Trilogy - Catwoman Collectible Figure (Reissue)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The issue with most Hot Toys figures is always with the neck. Look at how long Anne's neck is and then you look at the figure and it doesn't exist/cant be seen. Also, the new body/suit on the figure looks... cheap? Or is that just me?
It’s probably hard to replicate Anne’s neck and body proportions unless it is a custom body.

that recent 3rd party Fantastic Four Human Torch has a goofy looking long neck of Chris Evans.

Anne’s is a difficult neck to capture, nevertheless this Anne will have shelf presence. The thighs look too thundery to be Anne but sat on the shelf nobody cares and everyone will know who this is - Anne.

Justin's collection just posted his review and he believes the material for the catsuit, gloves and boots are NOT pleather... Most other reviewers say it is... Hot toys should list the materials of the items honestly...

Justin's collection just posted his review and he believes the material for the catsuit, gloves and boots are NOT pleather... Most other reviewers say it is... Hot toys should list the materials of the items honestly...
The same Justin that defended toys wonderland for years even though everyone with more than 1 brain cell knew they were scammers? I wouldn't trust a word he says.

Plus it's hot toys, they love pleather. When it deteriorates they can reissue the figure in 10 years and make people buy it again.

Great point. They are terribly inconsistent and sometimes say leather like but in this case they don’t say anything. Inart have made inroads by saying what all of the materials they use but they don’t say what materials are used for what parts except if it’s something like a diecast weapon.

I'm new to preordering HT, but I did preorder this Catwoman from SS...what's the average wait time for SS to receive things in-stock in the US after the figures are released in HK? It seems like everyone has this figure already, but SS still has her for preorder. I've noticed this with a few others as well, it's sort of making me want to avoid SS.

It used to be like a 1 month gap. Nowadays, it is much longer, like 2 months or so?

Ah, ok. Well that's not so bad, I saw someone on Facebook say that it was 4+ months and I didn't think it would take that long to get a boat in. ~2 months is ok, not great but ok. I appreciate it!

Ah, ok. Well that's not so bad, I saw someone on Facebook say that it was 4+ months and I didn't think it would take that long to get a boat in. ~2 months is ok, not great but ok. I appreciate it!
One thing to remember is that it's not always Sideshow's fault. they might get notified when a shipment is in-bound but there are times there is backlog or some other unforeseen issues at the ports that can cause a delay of the products getting from the docks into Sideshow's warehouse. If you really want to get your stock as soon as possible, you will have to order with someone like ToysBuyingAgent (or other reliable HK seller), but that can come at a higher price as well.

One thing to remember is that it's not always Sideshow's fault. they might get notified when a shipment is in-bound but there are times there is backlog or some other unforeseen issues at the ports that can cause a delay of the products getting from the docks into Sideshow's warehouse. If you really want to get your stock as soon as possible, you will have to order with someone like ToysBuyingAgent (or other reliable HK seller), but that can come at a higher price as well.

I appreciate the heads up and insight. I've only been collecting 1/6 for around 6 months now I think, and that's mostly just been picking up releases that were already in-stock from various places. Finding out who has good shipping prices (or free) vs those who charge a lot. Looking at wait times, etc. The Facebook post I saw regarding the 4+ months had me a little spooked from SS, just due to my own impatience really, but also due to paying a premium price and feeling like I'm getting things much later than those who knew better places to shop. I assumed with SS being the US's main (only?) retailer for Hot Toys that it meant they were at the forefront, but I hadn't taken into consideration the country of origin vs shipping times and all that. I come from the 1/12 world of collecting, where McFarlane toys advertises something, you preorder it, and it's in your hands in about 2 months lol So obviously I've had a lot to learn and catch up on.

I've got Catwoman paid for with SS, just waiting on her to arrive and ship out. I have a few preordered at PopCultcha, which I recently had a good experience in receiving the battle damaged Iron Man MK85, and I have various orders with KGHobby, TNS, and OneSixthKit. So far I like OSK the most, but cheaper prices elsewhere end up catching my eye. Ultimately, I'll probably pay more in shipping at those places so I guess it evens out.

Anyway, sorry for the rant! This is a very fun hobby, very expensive, and it gets my impatient tendencies rolling. I appreciate the info on SS! And I will check out TBA as well. Thanks!

Got an email from Sideshow, she's getting charged tomorrow.
Ah, cool! I'll have to keep an eye on my emails for a notification, I'm pretty excited to get this one. Perhaps not the best HT around, but this one is clicking with me from what I've seen so far. Thanks for the heads up.

Any news whether or not this figure has pleather as with the previous release or confirmed to be a new material according to Justin's review?

I think SSC has started shipping this, but I don’t see any in hand review videos in YT from any regular collectors? I guess the interest on this one is just so through the roof that YT couldn’t handle all the upload traffic? LOL?

I think SSC has started shipping this, but I don’t see any in hand review videos in YT from any regular collectors? I guess the interest on this one is just so through the roof that YT couldn’t handle all the upload traffic? LOL?

I would love it if SS would just hit that little button that charges my card...just give it a little tappy...little tap-tap-tap-a-roo...

Mine from Sideshow was delivered over a week ago. I'm happy with it overall for now as I don't have the first release and I really wanted this version of the character in my Nolan collection. The Hathaway likeness on it looks better in person but there's still room for improvement. As far as the outfit goes I have no idea what the boots and gloves are made of and I don't have the first release to compare them to. They feel very firm now but I have no idea how they'll hold up over time. I had a $900 Prime 1 Arkham Batman statue that the cape disintegrated on in 4 years, and these gloves and boots feel very similar to that cape. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from buying this that doesn't have the first release but I don't think these fake leather pieces will last forever.

Mine from Sideshow was delivered over a week ago. I'm happy with it overall for now as I don't have the first release and I really wanted this version of the character in my Nolan collection. The Hathaway likeness on it looks better in person but there's still room for improvement. As far as the outfit goes I have no idea what the boots and gloves are made of and I don't have the first release to compare them to. They feel very firm now but I have no idea how they'll hold up over time. I had a $900 Prime 1 Arkham Batman statue that the cape disintegrated on in 4 years, and these gloves and boots feel very similar to that cape. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from buying this that doesn't have the first release but I don't think these fake leather pieces will last forever.

I contacted Sideshow this morning to see if they could tell me anything about my preorder (figured it was a worth a shot). I mentioned that I've seen posts online where Sideshow has been shipping these out and the person I was chatting with said "those purchases were probably from direct Asian markets, not Sideshow." When I said that it was actually Sideshow, they repeated the bit about the Asian market...so I guess I'll see her when I see her lol Normally I'm a really patient person, but my Dark Knight shelf has an empty HT Batpod on it waiting for its driver and it's bugging me. Ghaaaaa, I don't know how you guys do it, honestly. My first Hot Toy was about a year ago but I've only been seriously collecting for like half a year at this point and it's already driving me mad...can't wait to see how I am once a preorder stretches into 1-2 years. Yikes!

Good to know on the gloves/boots. I have been using some recommended 303 Aerospace Protectant wipes on my figures to try to preserve them with some preventative maintenance. I'm hoping this stuff helps her gloves/boots to last. It's worked well on my Batman Forever Batman and Robin so far. Those were my very first Hot Toys and so far there are no cracks in their suits and Batman's cape is in good shape. Different materials than Catwoman, but still...fingers crossed.

Back