HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Batman Begins: Batman/ Bruce Wayne (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

They keep reissuing/remaking older figures which value had gone up considerably. Made me thinking if they'll do AVP next since they're not going to use the new body just for Shadow Predator I assume. Maybe Predator 2 DX first? Or Elder Predator 2?

Oh my god! I was just thinking about how I wanted an OC Bats, guess this clears that up.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Cool for those who don't have the OC bats, honestly i don't care about it myself. I have the Tak harness which i think is better looking than the one they show, and the extra faces look freaking hideous to me. The open mouth one looks like michael keaton...

The cowl head actually looks like it has a shorter and broader neck, maybe better than the original but i dunno. Being such an exclusive i'm not gonna bother trying to get one, just not worth it to me, but i wouldn't mind that bale head....

Bruce in suit seems just to be matter of time now. This headsculpt is too good to be just an exclusive. If the price is good I will get two. Funny is I just finished kitbashing my second OC suit for first night out... Guess I will keep it for now and sell it later down the road... :lol

IS THIS A NEWLY DESIGNED SUIT? or does HT normally recycle their stuff for Cons?

same here, it's a bit a pain in the a*s*s. i had my first night out batman for a long time now and seeing the official hot toys one now, makes me ... i don't know how to describe it child-friendly :D

i really like the bale sculpt, it looks phenomenal especially the painting.
but a re-issued begins figure? that's surely a slap for other oc-owners who have payed a lot to get one :/ Couldn't they do just a ninja bruce figure? The suit seems to be the same and I can remember how HT have once said that they won't do any re-release of the OC Begins figure, so now I'm really wondering this step now.

But this isn't a re-release of OT Bats. Technically it's a release of Bruce Wayne with his first night out equipment which so happens to be the Begins suit with the addition of the head and cape should you chose to use it. It's just like the Mark II "Armor Unleashed" which is supposed to be displayed with all the parts and pieces showing but if you wanted you could panel it all and have a Mark II in your collection if you missed one. It's HT's loophole. In reality I'm shocked we haven't seen it with older releases, maybe they haven't found that loophole just yet...

Finally, my prayer is answered! :monkey2 :yess:

Kudos to Kojun for sculpting this masterpiece HS of CB! :clap

The suit seems to be the same and I can remember how HT have once said that they won't do any re-release of the OC Begins figure, so now I'm really wondering this step now.

That's all out the window now. Collecting Hot Toys figures isn't the same as it was a few years ago. These things aren't as sacred as people used to believe. Production numbers increase, figures get remade. Now anything can happen.

This is definitely a re-release no matter which way you look at it. There will probably be a few differences here and there, but for the most part this is like a "revised" version of the OC. Same head (though this time the mouth isn't glued in), same rubber suit, cape, boots etc.

It's "new enough" though with that great Bruce Wayne head, the ski mask and gear. I hope they use this reasoning some day with a 1984 Police Shoot Out T-800 (originally made in 2005, MMS 02).

Kind of nuts that this is their 5th take on the character (Bale Batman) and their 3rd take on this particular suit,

- Batman Begins MMS 13
- TDK Original Costume MMS 67

- Batman/Bruce Wayne MMS 155

Last edited:

I also think this is HT way of giving ppl another chance to own a great character. Similar to how SS is doing another Vader as they even said how they think the current ANH one is going for crazy prices, but they are doing a Deluxe Vader with removable dome/mask. So same character but different features. The only thing with HT is, is that they didn't say they were going to release one unlike SS already telling us another Vader is coming soon

Hot Toys is really mean with Batman collectors. They are pushing you to buy all versions of each figure, OC Batman, TDK Batman, and Joker.

this is why i hate hot toys, anything worth owning is some exclusive bs that's damn near impossible to get a hold of, but if this was another ironman figure or some other marvel crap it'd be all over the place for pre-order

this however is the ultimate BB batman figure, this is going to be a huge problem with the ones who own the TDK OC batman and paid 400+ for it, unless this never gets distributed and ends up on ebay for 800$

What kind of _______s make their best figures exclusive?

Hot Toys can suck it.

If this release suppose to be Bruce Wayne's first vigilante night out, it should come with another suit, because the suit he wore on his first vigilant night out doesn't have the bat symbol on his chest.

That is why, pretty much, this is a re-issue of the OC batman figure, with a newly developed batman head which allows the changeable mouth expression and a new developed bruce wayne head and neck and the harness accessories.

Regardless, i am getting it because it's BATMAN :)

If this release suppose to be Bruce Wayne's first vigilante night out, it should come with another suit, because the suit he wore on his first vigilant night out doesn't have the bat symbol on his chest.

That is why, pretty much, this is a re-issue of the OC batman figure, with a newly developed batman head which allows the changeable mouth expression and a new developed bruce wayne head and neck and the harness accessories.

So lame.. It's just a rerelease of a fig that I already own.
I love the sculpt but a first night bruce with gordon would been so much better and exciting..

And I don't even talk about the tdk wayne sculpt with a begins fig!

:exactly::goodpost:

all of their exclusives were available through sideshow last year. (t1000 sarah, guardian predator) if sideshow is carrying the christopher reeve superman, then there's a chance they'll carry this one too.

I'm SO happy about this news that I'm grinning from ear to ear. :D

I missed out in the original when it first came out because I was going through a period in which I had dropped collecting for a while. By the time I came back the second market prices made owning one a prohibitive expense.

I know some of you are sore over this, but I'm too elated right now to care.

Want it but don't know how I'll get it. That Bale headsculpt is awesome.

Got the original OC when it was released so probably won't need this. Good for those who want the OC but haven't gotten it, bad for those who paid for flipped prices.

Only good thing out of this (for me at least) is that I'm looking forward to the TDKR figures with the new-improved Bale headsculpt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back