HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Batman Begins: Batman/ Bruce Wayne (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

:yess: I've been praying for a new version of this and finally it's here. Now for the hard part of tracking one down without getting screwed in the process.

Thank God - Maybe I'll have a chance to replace my lost OC Bats... Bale head looks great but why do they never add the nose bump and the scaring (or whatever it is) under the right eye anymore?

Beats me.

Glad you can pick this guy up now! :wave

Ohhhhh mythic godddddd!!!! This is a breathtaking figure. Thank goodness I did not pay out the ass for an original, I would be slitting my wrists right now.

I can already tell you
- Batman head is the same and therefore quite off in a number of ways, shall be replaced by Adam's Batman head eventually.
- Should have seperate suit with no Bat symbol for first night display
- Harness is off
- Bale sculpt is based on TDK facial physique of Bale as opposed to Begins, too gaunt looking for Begins version.
- Cape material is wrong / too thick.
- Im sure im forgetting something

I'm still getting it though. :dunno

Yeah I was talking about the harness specifically, sorry for not being clear. I have the Takara harness already and just want to see what exactly is inaccurate about about both versions. At least the Takara version has the straps around the chest to hide the chest symbol (not that that's more accurate though).

:yess: More people to _____ about...

meltingheads.jpg

I generally agree with you... but if I have a figure that has appreciated to $500 and then a re-release drops that value by a couple hundred bucks I'm not going to be very happy. Sure 1/6 should not be solely seen as an investment, but value is an important factor. Collectiblility starts to drop when an ES is essentially doubled with a 2nd release... not to mention the new release being better to boot :lol

I completely understand. But as long as the figures don't dip below what I paid for them or retail, then I'm happy.

For example, I just saw SS's KOTCS Indy on sale at GoHastings for $40. 40 frakkin dollars!!! Less than half!!! There's nothing worse than seeing something you paid regular price for sell for a ridiculously low price. :mad: I don't think you HT OC Batman owners ever have to worry about that.

And to think, I was gonna list my Tumbler on eBay last night. . .think I'll hold on a little longer now. Demand for that thing should go through the roof with these new Batman figures :hi5:

Unless, of course, HT re-releases an updated, improved Tumbler :horror

And to think, I was gonna list my Tumbler on eBay last night. . .think I'll hold on a little longer now. Demand for that thing should go through the roof with these new Batman figures :hi5:

Unless, of course, HT re-releases an updated, improved Tumbler :horror

If you want to sell it, list it now.

We might get confirmation any day that the Tumbler will reappear in TDKR and then all bets are off about a re-release.

Unless, of course, HT re-releases an updated, improved Tumbler
:horror

Yeah it'll be a battle damaged one with ejecting batpod. :rotfl

For example, I just saw SS's KOTCS Indy on sale at GoHastings for $40. 40 frakkin dollars!!! Less than half!!! There's nothing worse than seeing something you paid regular price for sell for a ridiculously low price. :mad: I don't think you HT OC Batman owners ever have to worry about that.

:lecture I get ticked about this too. Especially when you do shell out the big bucks for a grail figure or something that you paid big $$ for. I've said it in the Iron Man thread 100x already, but I want to build a DeLorean, go back in time, and punch myself in the nutz for not buying the Iron Man MK1 when it could be bought for less than retail.

can someone please tell me when and where do I pay for this?

Last edited:

my feelings exactly, but like michael bay, as long as he keeps making money, he's gonna keep making movies regardless how true fans of the transformers universe feel -

I know this is off topic, but TF3 was a transformers fan dream movie IMO. There were TONS of classic G1 elements in there

I missed the other ones, no way I'm missing this. I prefer the Begins suit anyway.
:exactly:
Looks like lforigno is gonna need to buy more velvet cape material. :lol

Haha i was thinking the same thing when I saw this last night
I agree , it just look's like there old sculpt with an updated paintjob.:dunno (however it's still a very nice sculpt)

are you serious!? it looks nothing like the old sculpt! :slap

The one by Kuato looks really good, but looking at those pics makes mew like this one more actually

I know this is off topic, but TF3 was a transformers fan dream movie IMO. There were TONS of classic G1 elements in there

:exactly:

Haha i was thinking the same thing when I saw this last night

The one by Kuato looks really good, but looking at those pics makes mew like this one more actually

Yeah but the finished product will be not paint by JC Hong too!

Looks really nice, if SS carries it I'll give it a try...
otherwise, I have the original BB Batman, with OC Bats head anyway...
I still think this Bat-suit is so much better vs. the DK one...

Yeah it is no doubt a much better sculpt, but I do believe the paint is what really makes this shine, the sculpt could be much better. The only way to properly compare would be to see a JC Hong paintup of Adam's head. You won't see that, but you'll see something of that quality level, soon enough.

Yeah - exactly.

Yes HT does have the best in class factory paint but they are nowhere near the best prototypes.

of course not, but HT production paint has been coming out a lot like the proto paint so I have no fear that the paint apps will still look amazing and very close to what we're seeing. all of the HT figures I have look pretty dang close as in almost exactly like the proto paint.

The Bale sculpt is the best one i've ever seen, imo. Good job Hot Toys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back