HT 12" Lucky Star Ripley Alien?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's just that you KNOW they're not getting Weaver's likeness.
So, what's the point?

Yeah, great point, let's just forget about the most important Human Character in the A L I E N Franchise. :lol

As far as SW's likeness. I think I can live with something like this...

aec6.jpg

I think HT will make a LS Ripley to go with the Beast or at least they should. Point was why dismiss it on this thread? Not very cool for the hopeful IMO...

Yeah, great point, let's just forget about the most important Human Character in the A L I E N Franchise. :lol

As far as SW's likeness. I think I can live with something like this...

I think HT will make a LS Ripley to go with the Beast or at least they should. Point was why dismiss it on this thread? Not very cool for the hopeful IMO...

I'm here to crush your hopes and dreams I guess. :rolleyes:

The point is...if it doesn't look like Weaver/Ripley...WHAT IS THE POINT?

I'm here to crush your hopes and dreams I guess. :rolleyes:

You guessed wrong. :D

DSC03809-3.jpg

I'd rather have Parker with the option for a torn shirt from later on.

Parker would be great. Not so sure they'll do him but it would be very cool. Along with an Ash.

I would rather have Dallas in egg form.

If you mean a Cocooned Dallas, yes that would indeed be totally creepy...

I'd buy a Ripley without the likeness ... a custom head would probably get made in the end.

And THAT is the point. I had mine repainted and heightened by Les and am more than happy with it as I'm SURE most were with their repainted Ripleys. Certainly NOT a reason to think it's pointless for HT to give us a LS Ripley. If you go by that negative logic we never would have had a HT Aliens Ripley in the First place, or many of the other characters: Apone, Hudson, etc. Geez, how many of us over the years bought the Marines and customized them. HT didn't have the likeness for some of those either but true Fans and Collectors appreciated the fact they were made... and made great customs from them. And the HT Ripley sculpt only needed a repaint.

Last edited:
You guessed wrong. :D

DSC03809-3.jpg

Wow...you paid money so that you could pay MORE money to get something that SORTA looks like Weaver/Ripley.

You must be so happy.

I'm sure that's what we all want to do...have HT build us a body with some clothes...so we can pay $160 for it. Then, we can WAIT for someone to sculpt a suitible likeness, then pay for that...then pay for the painting and shipping...

Pretty much sum it up? :rolleyes:

If you don't get Weaver's likeness...THERE'S NO POINT!

Wow...you paid money so that you could pay MORE money to get something that SORTA looks like Weaver/Ripley.

You must be so happy.

I'm sure that's what we all want to do...have HT build us a body with some clothes...so we can pay $160 for it. Then, we can WAIT for someone to sculpt a suitible likeness, then pay for that...then pay for the painting and shipping...

Pretty much sum it up? :rolleyes:

If you don't get Weaver's likeness...THERE'S NO POINT!

Hey sabres, why don't you shut up? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: <-Those don't make you cool by the way. They, along with your remarks, make you look like a EDITED.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think some characters are important enough that, even if a likeness isn't possible, a figure should still be made...perhaps costing less. Particularly if the outfit is very distinctive (such as the Lucky Star spacesuit). I probably would take a Ripley in Nostromo fatigues too, just to have some kind of representation. They'd probably give a generic face sculpt but the hair would at least be right...if the wrong colour.

Am I the only one that wants a Ripley in her panties, just like the end of the movie?
It's not that I'm a pervert, but I think it would be a perfect companion to the Giger Alien. You guys probably know this but for those who don't: originaly Ripley was going to be completely naked in the end. Ridley Scott wanted to show how fragile the human body is when compared to the Alien...

I painted mine on my own. And I'm very happy with it. I see Ripley in there. Easily.

HotToysRipleyREPAINTStage2.jpg

Nicely done MW.

VERY happy with my Les Walker Repaint. Couldn't be happier.

I'd take a comparable HT Ripley Sculpt in Nos Crew Gear or Classic final battle Moebius Suit in a heartbeat.

Btw, HT Hudson, which has zero likeness to BP now sells for $250.

You guys probably know this but for those who don't: originaly Ripley was going to be completely naked in the end. Ridley Scott wanted to show how fragile the human body is when compared to the Alien...

Well originally that character was supposed to be a man, so was the "completely naked" part conceived before or after that change was made!?

Anybody considered replacing their Ripley body for a Triad?

Anybody considered replacing their Ripley body for a Triad?

Interesting thought, K. As long as the HT head would work on the neck joint for that body.

I think the HT Aliens Ripley definitely had its problems. The female body they used was basically the same as Vaquez, it was too short and it had those stick arms. I had the legs on mine lengthened by Les.

Now with an ALIEN Rip, they could use a jointess arm and new body they have since developed which would work much better. I think because SW's hair was so long in that Film (mid shoulder blade) it could pose problems, sculpting wise. As you know she also tied it up in a ponytail when she programmed the Nostromo for self destruct and ran around with the flamethrower, so that could work I guess.

But for a LS Rip, her hair again was down. If they did make this I don't know how much it would matter because most would pose her with the suit and helmet on. But knowing HT, they would include T shirt and panties which means a jointless arm and taller body would work best. I just think it's more appropriate to make a LS Rip and it would pose and display better with the Alien because it was the ONLY time she battled with the Alien.

Last edited:
Even if you did get an LS Ripley, you're not going to get it with panties and a t shirt.

Hot Toys will reuse the available Moebius suit sculpts from Dallas and Kane, and just paint it white.

Which means, it'll be non removeable.

Back