1/6 Hot Toys WandaVision - Vision

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, they'd sell about 20 of the figures on the swing set. The super hero costumes are what sell and regardless of screen time, that Scarlet Witch costume is very cool. I needed to upgrade my Vision anyway, so I'm happy with what we got. I do hope both come with flight stands.

Both come with flight stands.

I have no idea why you'd want exposed joints on a $250+ figure. Buy a Marvel Legends figure.
If my choice is exposed joints or a body suit that tears or gets yellowed with time, I?d choose the former. But another post here says the brown underneath is supposed to be there on the Cavill figure. A guy was asking about getting his painted/fixed on that board (if I recall correctly), some one should tell him. And ML figures are too small.

I only need one vision in my collection. I have no doubt HT will release white vision but I can't help but feel a figure with such a monotonous color scheme would be boring on the shelf. Especially when he's likely to come with no accessories.
20210309_194305.jpg

I only need one vision in my collection. I have no doubt HT will release white vision but I can't help but feel a figure with such a monotonous color scheme would be boring on the shelf. Especially when he's likely to come with no accessories.
View attachment 508413

Honestly... it would be like the Gaming Heads statues.. you usually get a Regular and an Exclusive Edition with maybe a swap out part.. then you sometimes get the Collective Edition which is even more limited and unpainted... lol. More expensive, more limited, and no paint app..

So who's to blame here for the unjustified price? Is it HT or SS?

Neither. It's that greedy mouse that holds the license. Gotta make back all the money it lost on COVID somehow. Crappy "inclusive" movies no one wants to see and crumbling parks aren't gonna do it, so why not collectors? (I kid, I kid...not)

Anyhow, another look at AOU Vision....

THE VISION.jpg

HT has changed the edging on the cape and brightened up the stone a bit on the new version, but it looks pretty close to the previous release.

HT's getting real lazy. The lines on his face are inaccurate and aren't supposed to be so deep. Also, his eyes need to be repainted, they were more human on the show.
20210309_211810.jpg
960x0.jpg
Screen_Shot_2021_02_19_at_5.45.24_AM__2_.0.jpeg.jpg

Neither. It's that greedy mouse that holds the license. Gotta make back all the money it lost on COVID somehow. Crappy "inclusive" movies no one wants to see and crumbling parks aren't gonna do it, so why not collectors? (I kid, I kid...not)

Anyhow, another look at AOU Vision....

View attachment 508421

HT has changed the edging on the cape and brightened up the stone a bit on the new version, but it looks pretty close to the previous release.

Cool picture, I really like the background.

Yes i also have this version of vision. And even though I think there are a few elements about the new version that are a little better, I think the body on the AOU version is more consistent with how Vision looks in the movies and TV show. Also, the headsculpts are virtually the same except the newer version is a slightly different color and probably has exaggerated details. I will be sticking with my AOU Vision.

So what are the ?crappy inclusive movies no one wants to see? should movies celebrate/promote exclusivity? Just asking

HT's getting real lazy. The lines on his face are inaccurate and aren't supposed to be so deep. Also, his eyes need to be repainted, they were more human on the show.

It seems that HT is unable to do subtlety when it comes to facial details. The same thing has happened with the Iron Man and War Machine face plates, where minor accent lines on the mask in-movie become deep, accentuated lined when it's produced on the figure...I dunno maybe their manufacturing process makes it impossible to do subtle detailing at this scale? :dunno

Or maybe you're right...they could just be lazy! :lol

They need to make the lines more subtle and give him a matte paint job, he isnt shiny. Unless somehow Vision can sweat now?

Not sure if possible at this scale but the pattern on his suit needs to be smaller, like half the scale.

I feel like White Vision would slowly become Yellow Vision.

View attachment 508413
I only just realised the panelling is quite a bit different on the white. I wonder if that will remain if he transitions to coloured Vision (if we see that).
I'm not sure that jockstrap panelling is a winner.

It seems that HT is unable to do subtlety when it comes to facial details. The same thing has happened with the Iron Man and War Machine face plates, where minor accent lines on the mask in-movie become deep, accentuated lined when it's produced on the figure...I dunno maybe their manufacturing process makes it impossible to do subtle detailing at this scale? :dunno
That would be my guess. In saying that, they get some pretty fine work on the hands, don't they? Like the palm lines and fingernails?

They need to make the lines more subtle and give him a matte paint job, he isnt shiny. Unless somehow Vision can sweat now?
Well, he can cry. And, I assume, bleed.

Cool picture, I really like the background.

Yes i also have this version of vision. And even though I think there are a few elements about the new version that are a little better, I think the body on the AOU version is more consistent with how Vision looks in the movies and TV show. Also, the headsculpts are virtually the same except the newer version is a slightly different color and probably has exaggerated details. I will be sticking with my AOU Vision.

So what are the ?crappy inclusive movies no one wants to see? should movies celebrate/promote exclusivity? Just asking
aw, just me being sarcastic.

Yes, the AOU version will do for display. If only HT had included something distinctive as an accessory, it might have been a more must-have.

Even separate disintegrating hands or headsculpt and collar would be cool. Anything to make this release a little more intriguing since he comes with no accessories.
Screenshot_20210310-084633_Gallery.jpg

This is the type of release where the Marvel should be like 'Uh no, come back with something based on Wandavision.'

View attachment 508413

The outlines of the suit around the groin area make it look like he's wearing tighty whities. :rotfl

I feel like White Vision would slowly become Yellow Vision.

Yep. Bad enough when it happens to your army of little Hasbro Stormtroopers and Biker Scouts but I'd hate to see it happen to a high-end figure.

Well if you're worried about White Vision you'd best avoid Black Widow in her snow suit. Although BW in a yellow snow suit could be quite the collector's item lol. But would it pass the smell test? :chase

Even separate disintegrating hands or headsculpt and collar would be cool. Anything to make this release a little more intriguing since he comes with no accessories.
View attachment 508437

Eh, they tried that with IW Bucky and that effect looked pretty horrible in figure format. It looked more like Bucky was turning into Groot than he was turning into dust! :lol

Back