1/6 Hot Toys WandaVision - Vision

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aw, just me being sarcastic.

Yes, the AOU version will do for display. If only HT had included something distinctive as an accessory, it might have been a more must-have.

I agree, for instance if they added that chair or some civilian pants and a sweater or something people who already have the AOU version would probably be a lot more enticed to get this one.

I agree, for instance if they added that chair or some civilian pants and a sweater or something people who already have the AOU version would probably be a lot more enticed to get this one.

An extra smiling head sculpt would have been good for me. But the more I'm considering, the more I'm talking myself into it, despite my qualms.

Is it me or does it look like he?s wearing tighty whities?
5bc3b6885991c930ee165ddadf55a001.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neither. It's that greedy mouse that holds the license. Gotta make back all the money it lost on COVID somehow. Crappy "inclusive" movies no one wants to see and crumbling parks aren't gonna do it, so why not collectors? (I kid, I kid...not)

I don't think that's being fair to Disney, and that's also giving Sideshow and Hot Toys a pass. They work together to set the prices based on the manufacturer's production costs and Sideshow's costs as a distributor. Disney's to blame for the high cost of their licenses, sure, but those were negotiated well in advance for these properties.

So it's really everyone working together to raise these prices.

Eh, they tried that with IW Bucky and that effect looked pretty horrible in figure format. It looked more like Bucky was turning into Groot than he was turning into dust! :lol

I agree it didn't work with Bucky. It's a bit of a different effect with vision I think. With proper sculpting and paint apps it could work. But I guess HT's thinking why bother, let's just rehash the AoU figure with bigger abs and count our money :slap

I don't think that's being fair to Disney, and that's also giving Sideshow and Hot Toys a pass. They work together to set the prices based on the manufacturer's production costs and Sideshow's costs as a distributor. Disney's to blame for the high cost of their licenses, sure, but those were negotiated well in advance for these properties.

So it's really everyone working together to raise these prices.

Plus import taxes can be going up as well as labor rates in China.

Is it me or does it look like he?s wearing tighty whities?
5bc3b6885991c930ee165ddadf55a001.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully that gets changed when he takes his place as the main MCU Vision and gets a new color scheme. It literally looks like his balls are in a sling! :rotfl

Maybe the designers were trying to pay homage to the comic accurate White Vision...he does wear those superhero undies in the comics.

877b33494c5ef25da209d51e2c6947f16f-avengers-west-coast.rvertical.w570.jpg

And after all my concerns I pre-ordered Vision. I'm just a lot of talk. :gah::dunno:yess::cuckoo:

And now to look for one of those director's chairs (and a Mjolnir) ...

Not a photoshop expert by any means but had a go at trying to improve the likeness. Softened the details on his face and added human eyes, then a tiny bit of colour adjustment.

7UdpRdo.png

Not a photoshop expert by any means but had a go at trying to improve the likeness. Softened the details on his face and added human eyes, then a tiny bit of colour adjustment.

7UdpRdo.png

Nice, that would be an instant PO. As the HT sculpt stands now I'm on the fence.

7UdpRdo.png

The headsculpt looks better IMO with what you have done ...looks great. There are so many talented people on this forum I hope someone actually tries a repaint toning down the color a bit.

The comics with White Vision was before my time. I always remembered him from the arcade game:

IMG_1646_1024x1024.jpg

Back