1/6 Hot Toys WandaVision - Vision

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it looks good. I don't really mind the lack of accessories.

Speaking of which, what sort of things would people want? If it was the civilian Vision, there are a few fun things you could play with but I'm struggling to think what you could include here. Maybe some dismantled Vision parts (though that's probably better suited to the white Vision when it comes)?

I'm optimistic the price will somewhat reflect the streamlined nature (particularly if they've re-used the headsculpt). It won't happen but it'd be nice if they packaged a twin-pack with Wanda. I reckon there would be quite a few like me who are eager to finally add the pair to their collection.

$250 https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/marvel-vision-hot-toys-907936

158324553_1875629085922904_7448231587844205843_o.jpg

Think I'll stick with the AOU version. They should have just done the white vision and avoided this, its going to be in stock for years just like the last one.

Speaking of which, what sort of things would people want? If it was the civilian Vision, there are a few fun things you could play with but I'm struggling to think what you could include here. Maybe some dismantled Vision parts (though that's probably better suited to the white Vision when it comes)?

I'm optimistic the price will somewhat reflect the streamlined nature (particularly if they've re-used the headsculpt). It won't happen but it'd be nice if they packaged a twin-pack with Wanda. I reckon there would be quite a few like me who are eager to finally add the pair to their collection.
A beam effect that can attach to the mind stone would be nice.

Definitely needs more accessories if they're charging 250 fricking USD. Beam affects or even some kind of translucent hand for his phasing ability...something!

I'm thinking I might like the white version better. The whole color scheme just doesn't appeal to me for some reason.

I wouldn?t mind the price increases if figure quality scaled with the price, better materials, more accessories, improved seamless joints, but that?s not happening.

Considering there is 99% chance a white vision is coming and an outside chance a human vision could be a good pick for a con exclusive $250 for this is just...disgusting.

They actually have the gall to take a promo pic in the chair, which would've been a fun accessory, but then immediately say chair not included. WTF I don't think I"ve ever seen a Hot Toys promo pic like that. The blogger photos sure, but not the promo pics.

They actually have the gall to take a promo pic in the chair, which would've been a fun accessory, but then immediately say chair not included. WTF I don't think I"ve ever seen a Hot Toys promo pic like that. The blogger photos sure, but not the promo pics.

Yeah that chair would be a gimme accessory, then they could really break the bank and add an extra set of left hands with wedding bands. Or! A cool, customer focused add on could be a second sculpt with a separate spare Vision colored neck, make it a happier expression, maybe a light smile (not Rudd smile) or something whatever, but you could bash your own civie Vision. But that would be a whole nother $3 worth of plastic and effort

A beam effect that can attach to the mind stone would be nice.
Aw yeah, that's not a bad idea. Would've been a simple and inexpensive inclusion.

I thought that was odd, too. I don't really mind them using props but we're just accustomed to only seeing included accessories in the product photos. Wouldn't hurt to make the 'not included' note a little more prominent.

So who's to blame here for the unjustified price? Is it HT or SS?
Is it that bad, though? You take out inflation, it's only really around 5% over 5/6 years. Doesn't seem entirely unreasonable to me.
I know it's increasing, but everything is. I don't think these are the most egregious offenders. Just have to be more selective.

From now on SW Troopers are the last figures which are under $250. Mark my words.

Visions sculpt needs to be softer. The details are too sharp compared to what we see on screen.

This will be one of the few figures that benefits from sculpt softening from prototype to production.

cf0ff7faafee541efdac94682b7e4c62.jpg

Bettany looks better as Vision than Hot Toys seems to do with the figure even still to this day. That plus I'm much more keen on the Vision look in the comics = a non-purchase from me.

Bettany has a distinctive face type, and a narrow long "T".

It's like HT didn't even try to get the likeness underneath it all here, relying solely on the color and head gear to make it passable.

On a $50 figure I'd be tempted to shrug and just go with it. When it's five times that price it's very disappointing.

Back