1/6 Hot Toys WandaVision - Vision

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a lot of issues with that sculpt is the glossy paint job. Vision's "skin" is not glossy.

I think a lot of issues with that sculpt is the glossy paint job. Vision's "skin" is not glossy.

Yep, that's a problem too. They continue to get this figure all wrong. The blame though starts with Marvel Studio's design. I understand why you didn't make Vision's face Red, but you couldn't have gone with something else besides magenta?

Really interested in this. I've been reading comments in the HT Superman (Cavill) thread and seeing some awful pics of costumes, like this, discoloring over time. I'm starting to wonder if I may be switching over to statues, the idea of sinking this much coin in something that may start to deteriorate in about 5 - 7 years is concerning. I'm surprised people aren't liking the head sculpt, I find it to be very good.

Really interested in this. I've been reading comments in the HT Superman (Cavill) thread and seeing some awful pics of costumes, like this, discoloring over time. I'm starting to wonder if I may be switching over to statues, the idea of sinking this much coin in something that may start to deteriorate in about 5 - 7 years is concerning. I'm surprised people aren't liking the head sculpt, I find it to be very good.

It's a "good" sculpt, just not accurate.

Yeah, I have the same concerns and generally skip figures with seamless bodies or body suits like this, bc of past problems others have had. Still debating on Vision.

Yeah, I have the same concerns and generally skip figures with seamless bodies or body suits like this, bc of past problems others have had. Still debating on Vision.

I hate to be "that guy" but I'd prefer exposed joints than a body suit that will turn brown or tear in 6 years.

Think I'll stick with the AOU version. They should have just done the white vision and avoided this, its going to be in stock for years just like the last one.

Yeah, but then u couldn't get Vision anywhere 'coz of Civil War. Had to pay evilbay prices for mine.

But the original is a great fig; I'll stick with what I already have.

I have the first Man of Steel Cavill figure and haven't had any issues with the suit material whatsoever.

I have no idea why you'd want exposed joints on a $250+ figure. Buy a Marvel Legends figure.

I hate to be "that guy" but I'd prefer exposed joints than a body suit that will turn brown or tear in 6 years.

The issue on that superman isn’t a problem with the suit.
the actual suit cavil wears is a see through material and he wears a chrome muscle suit under it. Hot toys have faithfully reproduced this and the “brown” parts are the suit showing the skin of the neck through the material. It doesn’t happen anywhere except the areas above the skin of the neck. So it won’t happen with vision. Just FYI.

20210309_121051.jpg

The new version is good, but not good enough to warrant the upgrade from this AOU version.

Now if HT wants to offer a white Vision...

View attachment 508394

The new version is good, but not good enough to warrant the upgrade from this AOU version.

Now if HT wants to offer a white Vision...

Maybe it's lens distortion (and lighting?) adding and subtracting- because your pic here looks like Bettany to me.
Enough that I would have no complaints anyway.

And I find it hard to believe they wouldn't just reuse the old head sculpt as a further cost shaving move. Yet there isn't one new product photo where I see the likeness as well as I do here.

If I had the AoU, I'd be perfectly happy with it too.

I missed out on AoU Vision, so I'm pretty happy with the upgrade/redo. This is the Viz I'll have in my collection. White Vision I can wait on...I'm sure we'll be seing him again.

And regarding the white Vision, he'll have a new headsculpt for sure. The facial patterns are different i believe, and I would expect a more malevolent expression.

So who's to blame here for the unjustified price? Is it HT or SS?

Future proofing prices and China's changing economy. They're going to have to find other poor country to manufacture everything in the coming years/decades.

We should get a double pack with a 1/6 swing set:rotfl
View attachment 508399

I think Wanda's new outfit is cool if I want a Scarlet Witch figure, but for a Wandavision figure I'd happily take a set of the picture above. I'm absolutely certain Hot Toys was given these outfits long ago and had them ready to go, but I mean do they really represent the series at all?

Maybe it's lens distortion (and lighting?) adding and subtracting- because your pic here looks like Bettany to me.
Enough that I would have no complaints anyway.

And I find it hard to believe they wouldn't just reuse the old head sculpt as a further cost shaving move. Yet there isn't one new product photo where I see the likeness as well as I do here.

If I had the AoU, I'd be perfectly happy with it too.

The WV version is a re-used sculpt.

Here's the description from Scarlet Witch:

"Newly developed head sculpt with highly-accurate facial expression and make-up"

And from Vision:

"Newly painted head sculpt with authentic and detailed likeness of Vision in WandaVision"

Future proofing prices and China's changing economy. They're going to have to find other poor country to manufacture everything in the coming years/decades.

I think Wanda's new outfit is cool if I want a Scarlet Witch figure, but for a Wandavision figure I'd happily take a set of the picture above. I'm absolutely certain Hot Toys was given these outfits long ago and had them ready to go, but I mean do they really represent the series at all?

Honestly, they'd sell about 20 of the figures on the swing set. The super hero costumes are what sell and regardless of screen time, that Scarlet Witch costume is very cool. I needed to upgrade my Vision anyway, so I'm happy with what we got. I do hope both come with flight stands.

Back