Hot Toys updates on various figures 04/30/12

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really surprised about all the Marvel crap with Disney whoring it out.

Am looking forward to the new Superman, and Anakin. Thats it from this update.

Remember, HT looking at the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:slap

Would of been bummed if the GL movie was any good. That movie was horrible. Is this the first time Hot Toys cancels a license?

Pretty excited about that Rocky DX.

3A is starting to look like a genuine option for geek licenses. Then there's Enterbay. But Medicom doesn't really produce high end quality products IMO, and Sideshow only does Star Wars and GI Joe. There really aren't many options for fans of geek properties.

Medicom has cornered the market on Japanese licensed characters like Kamen Riders and Ultraman. They are really good at those - I collect them. Anything outside of that realm is hit-or-miss. Their SW droids line is pretty nice I have to say.

The only figure I'm interested in maybe getting is the all rubber Hulk.

stretch-armstrong-ng-1.jpg

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl :panic:

Just realized I misread. Hulk will "NOT" be all rubber. Forget it then. pfft.

I would consider getting Magneto and Beast, maybe even Charles who knows.

Would of been bummed if the GL movie was any good. That movie was horrible. Is this the first time Hot Toys cancels a license?

First time that an announcement hasn't produced something.

I would consider getting Magneto and Beast, maybe even Charles who knows.

If I were a betting man I would say that the first two are Charles and Erik, most likely in their flight suits. If they sell well then you'd probably see more but barring that I think HT is simply trying to push licenses out of the door.

First time that an announcement hasn't produced something.

Not a good sign for future & even current announcements getting anything

If I were a betting man I would say that the first two are Charles and Erik, most likely in their flight suits. If they sell well then you'd probably see more but barring that I think HT is simply trying to push licenses out of the door.

Trying to shoe fresh licenses away so they can get to work on their next 6 Iron Men :cuckoo:

It's pretty funny to me that Nova hates HT for rehashes but is now a fan of 3A. . . the company that issues 3-4 repaints of every figure they do.

:dunno

It's pretty funny to me that Nova hates HT for rehashes but is now a fan of 3A. . . the company that issues 3-4 repaints of every figure they do.

:dunno

More like 8-10. ThreeA releases very little actual original material within their own Ashley Wood stuff, but they do a much better job with licenses. Seriously what they have showcased for Portal, Halo, Metal Gear, ABC Warriors, and Real Steel are exceptional. These are high quality well priced figures with no BS attached.

-Hot Toys will launch 7 or 8 characters from The Avengers.
-Hulk is in progress, the body will not be fully Rubber.
-Black Widow will have a new body and hair are sculpted.
-Loki suit will be the one of The Avengers, the Thor Suit Version was canceled.
-Captain America Golden Age Version is still scheduled.
-Tony Stark Race Suit Version and Whiplash Armor Version have been set aside because of an overloaded schedule.
-The X-Men First Class range is almost complete, it will be announced soon.
-The license Green Lantern was canceled.
-The licences of Iron Man 3, Superman Man Of Steel and Wolverine will be exploited.
-The next Star Wars figures should be Anakin and Han Solo, followed by a character from Episode II.
-Rambo or Rocky should be a DX but are not yet in production.

No really?Ironman IS the reason why they have an overloaded schedule,they need to calm down with that license.Is Race Suit Stark really necessary?

Rocky and Rambo are always in their plans but those 2 licenses are 2 things they can always fall back on,so those will always be a once in a long time releases.Always been and always will be.

Glad HT finally gave some answers that matters to fans,but i have 2 questions we still know nothing about.
Smooth Criminal and Kyle Reese.

Cos that's what they're whole principle was from the beginning, they didn't start out one way and change :lecture

You haven't been paying attention. The 2-in-1 Superman as a re-issue of the Returns Superman. The thing that put them on the map was the first series of TDK figures, one of which was a re-done version of their earlier MMS figure. Then a Cannibal King Jack Sparrow, a redone version of the Jack Sparrow MMS.

Go through the list here https://hottoyspricelist.blogspot.com/ And look at how many of the same thing they've done over and over again. Predator over and over, Alien over and over. Ripley re-released with a Power Loader is the exact same as Iron Man re-released with Gantry.

You have an extremely skewed and biased view of what HT is doing. How many Robocops and Rambos and Predators did they do?? They did one from every movie. And how is that different from them doing one Iron Man from every movie??

They've been re-issuing and re-releasing stuff from the start.

-Hot Toys will launch 7 or 8 characters from The Avengers.
8 sounds about right including Loki

-Hulk is in progress, the body will not be fully Rubber.
Doesn't really tell us anything

-Black Widow will have a new body and hair are sculpted.
Cool? :dunno

-Loki suit will be the one of The Avengers, the Thor Suit Version was canceled.
Boooooooooo I wanted the first version :lecture

-Captain America Golden Age Version is still scheduled.
Good but the question is when?

-Tony Stark Race Suit Version and Whiplash Armor Version have been set aside because of an overloaded schedule.
Didn't know either were actually planned, can't see a need for the Tony Stark one

-The X-Men First Class range is almost complete, it will be announced soon.
Don't care

-The license Green Lantern was canceled.
Don't care

-The licences of Iron Man 3, Superman Man Of Steel and Wolverine will be exploited.
As expected

-The next Star Wars figures should be Anakin and Han Solo, followed by a character from Episode II.
Meh was hoping for Darth Vader

-Rambo or Rocky should be a DX but are not yet in production.
Could mean anything, could be years before either see the light of day

hmmm this news update does not contain anything about an upcoming Snake Plissken.

YOU FAIL HOT TOYS !!!

:D

Back