Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I be comparing my season 2 custom parts and figure to Hot toys Season 2 but it a long wait likely be two years

I have been complaining about the subpar chrome paint for ages and they finally fixed it. They will charge a high price for this "feature" and of course I will have to pay. The complete exclusive set with bike looks amazing though.

I'm in for one bike and two complete exclusive figure sets, which will probably cost around a grand.

The exclusive with bike comes with so much stuff. It's really one of the most impressive looking 1/6 sets I have ever seen. Hell maybe the most impressive.

The chrome-plated Beskar looks great, but why is Marlon Brando dressed up like Mando? It’s the Brandolorian!

204018664_10158094886257344_2465051812667023082_n.jpg

1624624891387.gif

Knew the risk of this coming when I got the deluxe Beskar Mando and Grogu set. As nice as this is I don’t think I’ll get it. A bunch of accessories that while nice I wouldn’t necessarily display. Also don’t think I would ever display Mando without his helmet.
Yeah what with my deluxe Beskar set and boomix's upgrade set coming (including the staff & darksaber), I think I'm only in for the swoop bike - assuming the price isn't too ridiculous.. Nice to see the rear cargo bags & Grogu included with it.

The chrome-plated Beskar looks great, but why is Marlon Brando dressed up like Mando? It’s the Brandolorian!

204018664_10158094886257344_2465051812667023082_n.jpg

View attachment 529303
"The Brandolorian"... First of all, that's hilarious! Second, I actually think the sculpt is fine. I think these always look much better in hand, considering they're a little over an inch tall and these photos are extreme close-up, high resolution photos that tend to distort in unpredictable ways.

The likeness of the head sculpt is a bit off for me somehow. And is that the same old Grogu body...? This set feels like a cash grab.

Yeah what with my deluxe Beskar set and boomix's upgrade set coming (including the staff & darksaber), I think I'm only in for the swoop bike - assuming the price isn't too ridiculous.. Nice to see the rear cargo bags & Grogu included with it.

My thoughts exactly. I don't need this set and would never display with the head sculpt (unhelmeted). Perhaps I would pick up some loose accessories.

Glad to see this set being released for those that want it, though.

The likeness of the head sculpt is a bit off for me somehow. And is that the same old Grogu body...? This set feels like a cash grab.
The armor for this release is chrome plated. Even the standard set includes the head sculpt, Beskar spear, and Darksaber and a number of accessories.

If anything, the Beskar/Beskar Deluxe that’s currently on the market could be called a cash grab. They squeezed that one in while developing this version.

But it’s all a cash grab. They’re trying to grab our cash. That’s what collectibles companies do.

I am on the side of all the Din Djarin releases being distinct enough to warrant having them all if you’re a fan of the show or the character.

But I fully understand reasons for not picking this up, or picking up the other versions. Better to have options than not, at least.

I feel like Hot Toys has conditioned us to be grateful to get a figure with a head sculpt at all, even if it’s not 100%.

Especially with the Star Wars line.

This set just looks so good.

I'd thought they'd at least wait until after the S1 set sold out everywhere, but with this pre-order, it will be all the product shown at the May 4th event.

Looks great. I’ll be picking it up along with the Swoop bike. No surprise that HT waited until most of the V2s had shipped before putting this one up, but still a bit irritating. I may return the V2 Deluxe since I believe the SS window is still open. I can always reacquire it down the road and I don’t really need three of them.

Back