Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TWHK second batch deluxe price $358.
While I’d like the deluxe, I plan to have Mando next to the new Boba so I don’t see myself posing Mando with Bobas gear with Fett standing right next to him geared up.

Man oh man. Decisions, decisions !!

Not completely sold on the headsculpt somehow. Looks sad, deadpan and soft somehow to me ??

Is a cool look with the stuff on his back though.

Glad to see they gave people options.

A deluxe with accessories that are scene specific and not necessarily a must have, a solid standard version, and the swoop by itself so you can skip it if you don’t want it.

Good too in case someone’s already modded the Beskar version to season 2 and doesn’t want to get the new version but wants the bike.

Hopefully the chrome plating holds up over time.

Sculpt does look odd, it’s the eyes.
$320 for standard figure, $280ish for the swoop bike. Expensive set.
Thinkin about it now and seeing how big my speeder bike is I don’t think I’ll have space for the swoop bike. Might have to be the Blurrg after all to go with OG Mando & Kuiil.

The way I look at it is the Boba Fett pieces are cool, but if you’re getting one of the Boba Fett figures, which I am they’re not really necessary. The Dark Saber comes with Moff Gideon, who I’m also getting.

The rest of the accessories while cool I don’t know that I would really want to display. Like I said before I wouldn’t display Mando without his helmet.

The coolest thing is that the armor is chrome, but that’s not enough to make me want to upgrade. Plus I’m sure we’ll still get future versions anyways. Pretty easy pass for me.

Glad to see they gave people options.

A deluxe with accessories that are scene specific and not necessarily a must have, a solid standard version, and the swoop by itself so you can skip it if you don’t want it.

This is quite a rare generosity for Hot Toys. Even the regular has the head sculpt and Grogu.

Unlike the stingy Ahsoka that removed the regular base from the deluxe. :(

As you wrote, the deluxe is very scene specific:

HT Mandalorian  & Grogu Deluxe 6.jpg

On reflection, as good as the hobo look is, I'm not sure yet whether this is what I'll want the figure for.

The difference in pricing will be key.

Hopefully the chrome plating holds up over time.

The plating should look pretty special, if Two-Face 2.0's revolver is anything to go by.

I don't foresee any problems if the figure is kept out of sunlight.

The way I look at it is the Boba Fett pieces are cool, but if you’re getting one of the Boba Fett figures, which I am they’re not really necessary. The Dark Saber comes with Moff Gideon, who I’m also getting.

The rest of the accessories while cool I don’t know that I would really want to display. Like I said before I wouldn’t display Mando without his helmet.

The coolest thing is that the armor is chrome, but that’s not enough to make me want to upgrade. Plus I’m sure we’ll still get future versions anyways. Pretty easy pass for me.
Yep always best to let it sink in and think about it a bit. Season 3 will be even better.

Though the expression fits the scenes in the series, I'd like a more stern look for posing. He's a Mandalorian after all. I don't think he has that expression most of the time.

Geez... another 2022 release. This next 12 month stretch is absolutely ridiculous with releases. Most expensive year ever.

Back