Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The plating should look pretty special, if Two-Face 2.0's revolver is anything to go by.

I don't foresee any problems if the figure is kept out of sunlight.
Yep, I believe they can make it look good. Just hoping it’ll stay that way.

Sometimes methods and materials they try don’t work out in the long term like the electroplated Captain America shields.

Keeping the one i got for now not see enough to justified a purchase
still missing lot of detail and the helmet still not accurate (But i wait to see the final product)
image-25-06-21-08-18[4027].jpeg

I'm excited to get this for sure! Will hold on to Beskar Mando V1 until the new one is out. I don't know if I want him with all the junk as I won't be getting the swoop bike but it would make a cool display.

Do you think they’ll ever make a die cast version or do you think this is it?

This is going to be their new Iron Man line. I have no doubt they will make a diecast version one day. I'm cool with getting this one and calling it a day. Lol

Do you think they’ll ever make a die cast version or do you think this is it?
There’s no advantage to making it diecast other than to them with the premium they would charge for it.

A lot of the external parts for the diecast Iron Man figures are still plastic.

It’s mostly an illusion of increased quality that’s more about better engineering than the figures being diecast. The added weight also adds to that illusion, but it’s still smoke and mirrors to sell a $400 1/6 figure.

Do you think they’ll ever make a die cast version or is this it?
What would make the die cast any better than the chrome paint here ? Other than of course to put the magic words "Die Cast" on the box.

I still don't really get the obsession with die cast, when most of the figure is still plastic ???

But enlighten me.

What would make the die cast any better than the chrome paint here ? Other than of course to put the magic words "Die Cast" on the box.

I still don't really get the obsession with die cast, when most of the figure is still plastic ???

But enlighten me.
Honestly I don’t know but I’m sure that if it does come out then that one would have the most resale value from seeing older hot toys figures even thought I doubt I’ll ever sell my figures. I just like the whole fact having the better investment I guess

Back