Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow has them up now, which means BBTS should also have them available shortly.

Great sculpt, looks just like Pedro. I like seeing him doing so well, from Mando to Joel...not bad for a kid that started out as a victim on Buffy.
Screenshot_20210625-132836_Instagram.jpg

4th release of the same character and they can't give us relaxed hands. It's the way his hands are throughout 2 seasons!

s-l300 (1).jpg

While there are differences between V2 and V3 as detailed in the photos, it’s something only diehards will recognize. I still couldn’t tell anyone the differences between Ep 4, 5, 6 Vader or Ep. 5&6 Boba. The only reason I may hold on to V2 Mando is for Grogu’s floating transport. I’m not sure if that’s available elsewhere.

I played this right! Bought the camtono separately and knew to wait for the V3. Sculpt, shiny armor, spear and darksaber. They even pulled the jerk move of making the Whistling Birds again, which they said was exclusive to the V2 deluxe.

200.gif

I was thinking the same thing about the hands. I guess we'll just have to use the usual 'rigor mortis' Mando hands unless somebody clever can whisk up a 3D resin printed batch to offer up for sale.

I was thinking the same thing about the hands. I guess we'll just have to use the usual 'rigor mortis' Mando hands unless somebody clever can whisk up a 3D resin printed batch to offer up for sale.

Saw a board member with a custom relaxed hands, looks pretty good.

This set just looks so good.

I'd thought they'd at least wait until after the S1 set sold out everywhere, but with this pre-order, it will be all the product shown at the May 4th event.
Mando is so popular, I guess they figured both would sell out at some point.

There’s no advantage to making it diecast other than to them with the premium they would charge for it.

A lot of the external parts for the diecast Iron Man figures are still plastic.

It’s mostly an illusion of increased quality that’s more about better engineering than the figures being diecast. The added weight also adds to that illusion, but it’s still smoke and mirrors to sell a $400 1/6 figure.
Fair enough then, looks like I’ll be picking this figure up for sure then ahaha

Great sculpt, looks just like Pedro. I like seeing him doing so well, from Mando to Joel...not bad for a kid that started out as a victim on Buffy.View attachment 529308
Yeah these always look better in the "test painting" stage as J.C. Hong referred to this when he shared it on Instagram (crediting Yulli). I think the prototypes are one step removed from these test heads - sort of a recreation by their production team for what is actually achievable in a shipping product - and that's why these heads on a stick from the artists always always always look superior.

Sideshow has these up for pre-order now. Looks like a $70 premium over the original non-deluxe Beskar figure for the headsculpt, chrome-plating, sword and spear.

I knew this version with the headsculpt was coming but didn't expect it to be so early. Glad I held off from buying the previous versions. Accessories and chrome aside, it also seems to be an improvement proportion wise (especially in the legs area). With that said, I love Pedro and was really looking forward for the headsculpt which, I have to say, I'm quite disappointed in. Hope they will rework it for the final product.

Is it just the chrome paint or am I losing my mind? The helmet somehow looks a bit larger to me on this one. 🤔

Back