1/6 Hot Toys - TMS015 - The Mandalorian: Din Djarin + The Child set ( DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is everyone modding the fat suit? Looking at it the arms seem to be the biggest problem. Are the arm just being cut out and leaving the body or is the entire top torso being removed?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Decided to swap out the HT body with a Phicen/ TB League m33 I saw on a YouTube review

With the seamless body it allows more fluid torso movement capturing the gunslinger pose more naturally

He?s a beast with the seamless body now

Everything fits well to my surprise :clap

I didn't make mods to the suit. He looks too skinny without the puff. I prefer the screen accuracy

So I ended up cutting out the shoulders, cutting holes in the knees and elbows. To keep the arm part of the fat suit from moving around I E6000 the sides of the biceps and on the shoulders to keep the shoulder straps in place and rolling down into the shoulder socket. I also cut slits in the groing and at the base of the butt for more range of motion. The costume is pretty tight making it harder to pose. Bit it is an amazing looking figure. In natural light the suit loos more blue gray.
12abfe65eefef29d50fd241fa1283c26.jpg
7613c48ec3079d671dd220e3083b17ff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I think the fat suit is my only complaint about this figure. I really wish they went with a new body type for Mando that was less restrictive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is everyone modding the fat suit? Looking at it the arms seem to be the biggest problem. Are the arm just being cut out and leaving the body or is the entire top torso being removed?

I removed the fatsuit entirely for my og Mando, as he looks skinnier on the show while wearing that one, and just tailored his pants afterward so they wouldn't look like clown pants lol. I don't think I'll remove it for Beskar Mando tho. He looks bulkier in season 2, and also I won't be using "extreme" poses (ie kneeling while aiming the rifle) with Beskar Mando the way I am with og Mando.

There's a couple videos on YouTube of different approaches for modding the fatsuit if you don't want to remove it entirely.

He literally looks like a person in a suit now Imo....big kudos to both HT and TB League :clap

Last edited:
Can I ask where you purchased the m33 body? I see they've got it up for pre-order on BBTS, but... I want one now lol.

Amazon

I’m a Prime member so I got it shipped and in my hands in one day

It is worth swapping the body..it looks so natural with the m33 body...but it makes the figure added weight because of the steel frame used on TB league and Phicen bodies

Last edited:
Ha that's fun! Really nice work Spanbauer. Time to work on a custom 1/6 snow spider. Those alien spider scenes in that episode were a cool homage to the classic space horror.

Just got him today!

Spent most of the morning breaking down the cardboard for recycling. Currently, I'm sorting out which of the accessories I want to keep. So far the ones getting the axe are: the pram cover, the grappling hook, the smoke effect for the whistling birds, the tracking fob (I have one already from og Mando), the pauldron that doesn't have the Mudhorn signet on it, and the right thigh guard (to be replaced with the one I got from Boomix).

I also added on the flashlight to his helmet and the version of the whistling birds on his vambrace that makes them look like they're in "armed and ready" mode, so I'll be tossing the bits that those have replaced as well. Still debating whether I want to toss the rifle, as I plan on posing og mando with that one, but it might be good to keep in case the other one breaks.

(Anybody else do this? Or am I just crazy lol. I basically just settle on one pose and keep my figure like that, so there's no need to keep accessories I know I'll never use)

Back