1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 023 - The Clone Wars: 501st Battalion Clone Trooper (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d love to army build but by the time I’ve bought one of every trooper I want I figure it will be a bit of an army anyway. Gulp.

I've been tempted to get 2 to put behind Dark Side Anakin. The temptation keeps growing.

*virulent cursing*

BOUGHT

Damn it

I had a coupon. It made me do it

BA6A55E3-34D7-4A8A-8A07-922845AD2DE9.gif

I got six total, maybe that's doing the job just slightly fine...I think so.

Six is a nice round number. I think even is good for troopers when displayed with characters, odd is good when displaying just troopers.

I know once I go down the dark path and get the 501st, then I'll want more to have the 332nd, then I'll want Captain Vaughn, and then I'll finally want Jesse. Consume me, it will.

Better to have done it now while they’re still available than wanting them in the future but face jacked up prices. Now that’s a dark path. They’re not widely available outside of Sideshow anymore and once they’re gone there, that’s it.

You should get a second sooner than later, or at least make sure you keep an eye out for the low inventory alert. I feel like @SOU7567 will be the first to sound the alarm.

After EIGHT!!!! days in transit on a [evidently] rusty ore barge crossing US waterways on impulse power only, and listing heavily to port - EIGHT DAYS LATER this poor guy shows up. Box crushed, that gouge on the bottom is about an inch deep and I know it damaged the main box. Oh well! The thing is the figure, not the box.

Jango is still out there making his way through the galaxy somewhere.

Im really kind of mad about this. Just because I used a coupon is no reason to put my poor trooper on a slow boat to nowhere. He didnt deserve that.

Attachments

• IMG_0267 501case.jpg
    IMG_0267 501case.jpg
    382.4 KB · Views: 0
He's basically a repaint version of Cody.

Is Vaughn's body better quality than Cody's though?

UGH not like that! I meant, as in his posing and quality being closer to Rex's?

I have bucked my time-honored tradition and deboxed 501st in the middle of the damn night. Curse you, HT for all these beautiful figures and each lovelier than the last. This guy is super cool. I need another one.

Is Vaughn's body better quality than Cody's though?

UGH not like that! I meant, as in his posing and quality being closer to Rex's?

I have bucked my time-honored tradition and deboxed 501st in the middle of the damn night. Curse you, HT for all these beautiful figures and each lovelier than the last. This guy is super cool. I need another one.

No way to know for sure until Vaughn comes out but I would guess he’s going to be on the latest or further revised Clone body.

Cody was mainly problematic because of his LED arm. There’s no mention of the same LED feature for Vaughn even with the holo projector hand so I don’t think he has the Cody body.

And yeah, this is one of those cases where you can’t really have just one, especially if you’re buying named Clones. I don’t want to say two is the minimum, but it kind of is.

Back