Hot Toys celebrates Star Wars: The Clone Wars 20th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so much potential with this line no matter which way they go with it.

looking forward to the first announcement so we get a better idea of what to expect

Always loved this realistic art of the Yavin duel.
Anakin_vs_asajj.jpg
Cs_anakinasajj.jpg

It would be interesting to know what that 20th anniversary licence actually covers legally. i tend to think Disney/Lucasfilm would put specific boundaries to what Clone Wars and The Clone Wars actually encompass. I guess we'll get our first clue when the first figure is revealed.

They have declined to differentate, and so I am leaning toward: this means the broadest possible interpretation. Because if it were narrower, they would tell us that. Clone Wars is clone wars, evidently. In all its messy glory.

We may get Fordo and Alpha, even as "unnamed" figures as Hasbro does. That is fine with me, since everyone knows who these two are and we can have our own nameplates engraved.

We might even get that elegantly spoken wild man, the Tartakovsky version of Obi-wan out of this - and that would be a figure even I would have to buy.

Grievous would be the most pleasant surprise though. But to be honest I'm kinda feeling burn out with the releases from The Clone Wars/ 20th Anni of AOTC and Bad Batch, mostly too many clones on the horizon to collect.

Grievous would be the most pleasant surprise though. But to be honest I'm kinda feeling burn out with the releases from The Clone Wars/ 20th Anni of AOTC and Bad Batch, mostly too many clones on the horizon to collect.

I think Grievous will be their big ROTS anniversary project for 2025.

I was feeling a bit of a clone fatigue as well, and coming a clone guy, that is saying something lol. That is why I was happy seeing Anakin, Padme, Mace and the SBD revealed and put up.

Prominent issue of mine because I'm buying in bulk, like 5 Super Battle Droids, 6 Clankers, 6-7 Shiny, etc...

It would be cool if they did an all new Obi-Wan sculpt for this Clone Wars version. I'm sick of that ROTS sculpt being posted everywhere.

I doubt HT would do animated look anyway, they would likely make it realistic to match the rest of the Star Wars line
Now as much as I like that 2003 Clone Wars series I wouldn't want to see animated figures from it. The animation was heavily stylised and would look terrible in figure form imo. Would people really want an Anakin and Padme that looked like this...

anakin.png
padme.png

Now as much as I like that 2003 Clone Wars series I wouldn't want to see animated figures from it. The animation was heavily stylised and would look terrible in figure form imo. Would people really want an Anakin and Padme that looked like this...

View attachment 616098 View attachment 616097

Like jaz said, they would match these up with their current offerings. Especially since it's a safe bet that the majority will be clones as they are the easiest to keep pumping out.

Back